Artificer Xy'mox Strategy Guide for Sepulcher of the First Ones
Artificer Xy'mox is the 3rd of the 11 encounter bosses of the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid in Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands.
On this page, you can find both a written and video guide for this encounter, along with links to Xy'mox's encounter journal for the various difficulties.
Ready Check Pull Video
Strategy Guide: Quick Version
In Phase One:
- Two players get marked to drop portals. One portal should go to the center of the room and one to the edge of the platform.
- Rings expand from, or contract to, the middle of the platform. The rings one-shot you so use the portals to teleport to safety. Two rings start spawning after the boss gets to 75%, and three after 50% health.
- When the tank gets Glyph of Relocation, the raid should run away from the tank while the tank runs toward a portal, if needed. When it expires, the raid gets pulled on to that tank.
- Put traps toward one side of the room so that there is a clean area at the end of the fight.
In Phase Two (75% and 50%):
- Tanks pick up all the adds and face them away from the raid.
- Nuke the Acolytes as fast as possible to avoid them wiping you when they get to 100 energy. And interrupt the Spellslingers as much as possible.
Strategy Guide: Full Guide
Xy'mox is back! And he brought his portals with him, along with a few new tricks. This fight has two alternating phases, and has a mix of single-target and AoE damage. The last phase gets pretty intense, so you should most likely save Bloodlust/ Heroism for it to try to make the phase shorter.
- Start by having the tanks pull the boss away from the middle of the room. Have all the ranged spread out around one side of the room to help bait the Stasis Traps, in order to keep the room as clear as possible. You can have players with immunities trigger any traps that get put in bad places; but on Heroic, the traps do not go away after being triggered, so you have to be extra careful with baiting them.
- Two players get marked with a yellow arrow above their heads, which drops a portal on the ground when it expires ( Dimensional Tear). Make sure one of the players places a portal in the middle of the room, while the other player places theirs toward an edge of the room.
- Make sure to spread out when the boss puts a white circle around every players' feet ( Hyperlight Sparknova). They explode after a few seconds, doing AoE damage and applying a stacking DoT to everyone hit.
- Big yellow rings spawn that expand from or contract to the middle of the room. They one-shot you if they hit you, so this is why we place the portals apart from each other. Just step into one to get teleported to the other, avoiding the ring. You can tell which ring will spawn by looking at the relic in the middle of the room as it is starting. If the circle starts at the top and moves down, it will start in the middle and expand outward. If it starts at the ground and moves up, it will start outside the arena and contract inward.
- The current tank occasionally gets marked with the Glyph of Relocation debuff for a few seconds. When the debuff expires, it deals a ton of fall off damage to the raid and pulls everyone to the tank. This tank needs to run away from the raid and everyone else should run away from the tank.
These mechanics are all pretty straightforward, but they tend to overlap frequently, so the hard part of the fight is dealing with them in quick succession. After Phase Two that happens at 75% and 50% of Xy'mox's health, the rings start to spawn in sets of two and three, which makes things even more hectic. Here is an example of what the last 50% of the fight could look like:
- The first ring starts to expand from the middle, so the raid runs to the outer portal and gets teleported to the middle.
- Everyone instantly runs away from the tank that has the debuff, while that tank moves to the next portal that needs to be used, because the second ring is already on its way.
- Everyone gets pulled to the portal and uses it to get past the second ring, and everyone instantly spreads toward the side of the room that you have been baiting traps to because the AoE circles are under everyone's feet.
- Everyone runs to the next portal that needs to be used because the third ring is already on its way.
- Not much happens for a few seconds and then you repeat the whole process.
Phase Two (75% and 50%)
- The boss stops doing mechanics and becomes immune. Adds spawn around the room that need to be killed to go back into Phase One.
- The tanks need to get aggro on all the adds, especially the Xy Acolytes, and face them away from the raid for their frontal ( Massive Blast).
- Everyone should nuke the Acolyte adds down as fast as possible, because they wipe the raid if they get to full energy ( Hyperlight Ascension). And everyone should help interrupt the Xy Spellslinger adds' channel ( Debilitating Ray).
- The raid gets blasted with ramping damage pulses in this phase too, so healers need to be ready to go ( Genesis Supernova).
We have encounter journal pages for each of the four difficulties, which you can access by clicking the links below.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Guide updated with advice from Ready Check Pull.
- 05 Jan. 2022: Guide added.
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective