Fated Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Guides (9.2.5)
Sepulcher of the First Ones is the final raid of the Shadowlands expansion located in Zereth Mortis. The following guide covers everything you need to know before defeating The Jailer.
- 8. Item Level of Loot from Fated Sepulcher of the First Ones
- 9. Class Tier Set Tokens in Patch 9.2
- 10. Which Raid Bosses Drop Class Tier Set Tokens in Patch 9.2?
- 11. The Great Vault and Sepulcher of the First Ones Loot
- 12. Will Shards of Domination Work in Sepulcher of the First Ones?
- 13. Glory of the Sepulcher Raider Achievement
- 14. Sepulcher of the First Ones Vantus Rune
Shadowlands Season 4 End and Post-Season Update
All Shadowlands raids will be permanently Fated beginning with the Dragonflight pre-patch. Enemies inside Fated raid are stronger and drop higher item-level loot, which also applies to World Boss Antros. You will learn more about Fated Raids in our guide linked below.
The Jailer has breached the Sepulcher, the mysterious heart of the Shadowlands. Should he control its primordial power, he will reshape the cosmos with Death at the fore. As Zovaal prepares to dominate reality, champions of Azeroth charge forth to stop him. Will their resolve outmatch his?
Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Unlock Schedule
The release date of Patch 9.2 is February 22, 2022 for NA and February 23, 2022 for EU. The raid will not open immediately after the update goes live, but one week later. Here is the unlock schedule for Sepulcher:
- February 22: During the first week of the release of Patch 9.2, the raid will not be open.
- March 1:: Beginning with the second week, the raid will be open for Normal and Heroic difficulties, and the first 8 bosses will be available in those difficulties. It will not be possible to fight the final bosses on any difficulties during Week 2. This is intended to provide a moment to tell the story in a way that accounts for the passage of time between the events of the 8th encounter and the subsequent fights.
- March 8: Beginning with the weekly reset of Week 3, all bosses will be available on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties. At the same time, the first wing of the raid will open on Raid Finder difficulty.
- March 22: Raid Finder Wing 2 opens.
- April 5: Raid Finder Wing 3 opens.
- April 19: Raid Finder Wing 4 with The Jailer opens.
How to Enter Sepulcher of the First Ones?
The raid entrance is located on a floating isle in Zereth Mortis. First, you must fly to Pilgrim's Grace.
Upon arriving there, climb up a set of stairs to your left, interact with the Ancient Translocator to fly to the Sepulcher raid island.
From there, climb up a small path to the raid and you will see the raid entrance right in front of you.
Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Boss Guides and Boss Order
The final Shadowlands raid consists of 11 bosses. Below you will find the order in which you must defeat the bosses to reach the final boss, along with links to our strategy guide for each boss found in the raid.
- Vigilant Guardian;
- Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener;
- Artificer Xy'mox;
- Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle;
- Prototype Pantheon;
- Lihuvim, Principal Architect;
- Halondrus the Reclaimer;
- Anduin Wrynn;
- Lords of Dread;
- The Jailer.
Note that after defeating the Vigilant Guardian, you have a choice in how to approach the next six bosses. You may either take a linear path through Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle, Prototype Pantheon, and Lihuvim, Principal Architect, or choose between fighting Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener and Artificer Xy'mox before confronting Halondrus the Reclaimer. All of these bosses must be defeated before you may face Anduin Wrynn and the remaining encounters.
You must defeat Anduin Wrynn 4 times and collect 4 Mourne Fragments on a given difficulty for the raid skip to become available. After your raid unlocks the skip, your group can skip directly to Anduin once the Vigilant Guardian is defeated without having to defeat the remaining bosses before him.
Item Level of Loot from Sepulcher of the First Ones
The item level of rewards for Sepulcher is outlined below. Note that the final 3 bosses drop better loot from the first 8 raid bosses.
- Raid Finder Difficulty: Item Level 239;
- Normal Difficulty: Item Level 252;
- Heroic Difficulty: Item Level 265;
- Mythic Difficulty: Item Level 278.
Item Level of Loot from Fated Sepulcher of the First Ones
When Fated difficulty is available for the raid, the item level of rewards will be the following:
- Fated Raid Finder Difficulty: Item Level 265-272;
- Fated Normal Difficulty: Item Level 278-285;
- Fated Heroic Difficulty: Item Level 291-297;
- Fated Mythic Difficulty: Item Level 304-311.
Class Tier Set Tokens in Patch 9.2
Patch 9.2 marks the return of Tier Sets. Tier Set armor pieces drop as tokens from bosses in the new raid in Eternity's End.
There are 4 types of tokens dropping from Sepulcher bosses:
- Dreadful Tokens — Shared between Death Knights, Demon Hunters, and Warlocks.
- Mystic Tokens — Shared between Druids, Hunters, and Mages.
- Venerated Tokens — Shared between Paladins, Priests, and Shamans.
- Zenith Tokens — Shared between Monks, Rogues, and Warriors.
Which Raid Bosses Drop Class Tier Set Tokens in Patch 9.2?
Below, you will find a list of bosses that drop specific tier set tokens.
- Lihuvim, Principal Architect, the sixth boss, drops Gloves tokens.
- Halondrus the Reclaimer, the seventh boss, drops Legs tokens.
- Anduin Wrynn, the eighth boss, drops Helm tokens.
- Lords of Dread, the ninth boss, drops Shoulder tokens.
- Rygelon, the tenth boss, drops Chest tokens.
Note that the Shoulder and Chest tokens dropped by Lords of Dread and Rygelon, respectively, are at a higher item level than the other tier pieces due to being among the last three bosses of the raid.
You will find more about Class Tier Set tokens in our dedicated guide.
Which BoE Items Can Drop in Sepulcher of the First Ones?
Here is a list of BoE items that drop in the Sepulcher raid from trash mobs. These can be traded and bought on the Auction House.
- Vandalized Ephemera Mitts (Cloth Hands);
- Devouring Pellicle Shoulderpads (Cloth Shoulders);
- Hood of Empty Eternities (Leather Head);
- Subversive Lord's Leggings (Leather Legs);
- Cartel's Larcenous Toecaps (Mail Feet);
- Lupine's Synthetic Headgear (Mail Head);
- Gauntlets of the End (Plate Hands);
- Pauldrons of Possible Afterlives (Plate Shoulders).
Item Level of Conduits in Sepulcher of the First Ones
Many Conduits can drop in the raid, but you can get them from other sources too.
The Conduit item level range for the raid is 239-278.
- Raid Finder Difficulty: Item Level 239 Conduits;
- Normal Difficulty: Item Level 252 Conduits;
- Heroic Difficulty: Item Level 272 Conduits;
- Mythic Difficulty: Item Level 278 Conduits.
The Great Vault and Sepulcher of the First Ones Loot
You must defeat 2/5/8 Sepulcher raid bosses to unlock item options in Great Vault Raids category. You can read more information about the Great Vault in our dedicated guide.
Will Shards of Domination Work in Sepulcher of the First Ones?
Shards of Domination will not work in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid and other Patch 9.2 content. They will still work within Torghast wings including the new Jailer's Gauntlet challenge wing, however.
Glory of the Sepulcher Raider Achievement
Completing all objectives of the Glory of the Sepulcher Raider meta-achievement rewards the Shimmering Aurelid mount.
You can learn more about this and other mounts in our collection guides for 9.2 below.
Sepulcher of the First Ones Mythic Hall of Fame Title
Hall of Fame: The Jailer (Alliance) / Hall of Fame: The Jailer (Horde) — If you are among the first 100 Alliance/Horde guilds worldwide to defeat The Jailer on Mythic difficulty, you will be granted the Famed Slayer of The Banished One title.
Sepulcher of the First Ones Mythic Jailer Achievement
Mythic: The Jailer — When you defeat The Jailer on Mythic difficulty, you will receive the Guardian of the Pattern title.
Sepulcher of the First Ones Vantus Rune
Scribes can create Vantus Rune: Sepulcher of the First Ones in Patch 9.2, which increases Versatility by 100 when fighting against a certain boss in the raid. The effect lasts for a whole week.
- 20 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 23 Aug. 2022: Updated with Fated Affixes.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 11 Mar. 2022: Guide updated with the correct item level of Conduits.
- 01 Mar. 2022: Updated with a list of BoE items that drop in the raid.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated with Tier Sets page.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Guide updated with Tier Set tokens and FAQ.
- 17 Feb. 2022: Guide updated for Eternity's End release.
- 10 Feb. 2022: Raid unlock schedule added.
- 31 Jan. 2022: Specified which bosses drop Tier Set pieces.
- 28 Jan. 2022: Raid skip added.
- 05 Jan. 2022: Guide updated with boss order and links to preliminary boss guides.
- 19 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, May 26th
- Warlocks in 10.1.5, Fractures in Time: Demonology Reparations
- Character Select Updated with New Drag and Drop Function in Patch 10.1.5
- Blizzard Working on Dragonriding in Old Zones, But It's Not Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- A List of the Easiest 300 Mounts to Get in WoW
- Blues News: Week of May 26th
- Epic Purple Shirt for Prime Gaming Subscribers
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, May 25th