Scarlet Halls Heroic Dungeon Guide (WoD 6.1.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- +2. Loot
- 3. Quests
- 4. Trash Mobs and Gauntlet Event
- +5. Houndmaster Braun
- +6. Armsmaster Harlan
- 7. Flameweaver Koegler
- 8. Final Considerations
The Scarlet Halls is a 5-man dungeon located in Tirisfal Glades. In Mists of Pandaria, It has been revamped to include a level 90 Heroic mode. It houses 3 encounters: Houndmaster Braun, Armsmaster Harlan, and Flameweaver Koegler.
The Scarlet Halls is a 5-man dungeon that replaces, in Mists of Pandaria, the Armory and Library wings of the old Scarlet Monastery instance. It now also features a level 90 Heroic mode. The Scarlet Monastery is one of the strongholds of the Scarlet Crusade, a group of maddened zealots so dedicated to the removal of all undead that they commonly attack the living.
The dungeon has a linear layout during which you will descend through 2 sub-zones, which are reminiscent of the old Armory and Library wings, until you reach Flameweaver Koegler. For level 90 players, only the Heroic mode of the dungeon will be of interest.
This guide will cover all of the three boss encounters, as well as the quests and achievements that are available in the dungeon.
The level of the items you can obtain from the Scarlet Halls is 463, with one exception, Vithrak, Gaze of the Deadman, which has an item level of 476.
|Item Name||Type||Main Stats||Source|
|Melted Hypnotic Blade||Dagger||Intellect||Flameweaver Koegler|
|Koegler's Ritual Knife||One-Hand Dagger||Agility||Flameweaver Koegler|
|Houndmaster's Compound Crossbow||Crossbow||Agility||Houndmaster Braun|
|The Gleaming Ravager||Two-Handed Axe||Strength||Armsmaster Harlan|
|Mograine's Immaculate Might||Two-Handed Mace||Strength/Mastery||Flameweaver Koegler|
Amulets and Rings
|Item Name||Type||Main Stats||Source|
|Temperature-Sensing Necklace||Amulet||Intellect||Flameweaver Koegler|
|Vithrak, Gaze of the Deadman||Ring||Intellect||Flameweaver Koegler|
|Beastbinder Ring||Ring||Intellect/Spirit||Houndmaster Braun|
|Scorched Scarlet Key||Amulet||Agility||Flameweaver Koegler|
|Armsmaster's Sealed Locket||Amulet||Strength/Parry||Armsmaster Harlan|
There are 2 quests that can be completed within the instance. They are both given by the Hooded Crusader, at the entrance of the instance.
The first quest is Rank and File, which requires you to kill 50 members of the Scarlet Crusade within the instance.
Only Just for Safekeeping, Of Course has rewards. They have an item level of 440 (see loot section above).
Trash Mobs and Gauntlet Event
Throughout the instance, you will find buckets of meat that you can click. Doing so grants you a new button in the middle of your screen (see screenshots below). You can use this button to target where you want to throw the meat you have just picked up. We advise you to throw the meat on Scarlet Crusade members who are accompanied by dogs. This will cause the dogs to rebel against their masters and kill them.
Before reaching Houndmaster Braun, you will have to face a Gauntlet Event. At the entrance of the first courtyard, you will notice practice targets that you can interact with. By click them, you can use them as a shield to protect yourself and party members standing directly behind you from the arrows that the Scarlet Crusade archers will fire. At some point, you will also have to avoid fire patches on the ground. Up to 3 party members can use the practice targets as shield.
- Piercing Throw often targets random party players, dealing damage to the targeted player, but also to any players located between the boss and the targeted player. Make sure that no one is standing between you and the boss.
- Death Blossom causes Braun to leap to a random player and deal damage to that player and everyone within 5 yards. The spell effect is similar to that of Fan of Knives, the Rogue ability. To miminise the damage from Death Blossom, spread out 5 yards.
Bloody Mess is a damaging, stacking debuff applied to players who are hit by Death Blossom or Piercing Throw. This makes positioning all the more important, since proper positioning will reduce the number of players hit by Death Blossom and Piercing Throw, therefore increasing the chances that the debuff will drop before being reapplied.
At 90%, 80%, 70%, and 60%, Braun summons hounds to help him. They need to be tanked and are rather easy to dispose of.
At 50% health, he enters Bloody Rage, making him attack 50% faster and deal 25% more damage. The tank and the healer need to pay special attention to this second half of the fight as the tank damage will be higher.
When Braun is nearing death, his dogs, attracted by the smell of blood, will turn against him and finish your job.
Achievement: Humane Society
You may want to consider using a second tank to keep the hounds away from the party, so that they do not get killed by collateral damage on Braun.
Blades of Light causes Harlan to travel around the room, spinning rapidly with his axe. While spinning, he deals heavy damage to all targets within 6 yards and then carries them around the room with him (still dealing damage to them). During Blades of Light, Harlan always travels along the same path (see screenshot on the left), but not always in the same direction. The easiest way to deal with Blades of Light is to be on the stairs when it starts and jump down when Harlan comes towards you.
Blades of Light is always cast right after Harlan performs Heroic Leap, so there is no reason for Blades of Light to surprise you. Heroic Leap causes him to leap to the center of his room, dealing heavy Physical damage to all enemies within 8 yards. As a rule of thumb, avoid being in the middle of the room.
Also, do not stand in front of Harlan, as he possesses a frontal damaging attack: Dragon's Reach.
Finally, healers should be aware of Berserker Rage, which Harlan stacks on himself every 3 seconds, and that causes him to deal more damage and attack faster. Dispelling this effect removes 10 stacks.
Achievement: Mosh pit
Usually, when Scarlet Defenders spawn, they are almost immediately sucked in Harlan's Blades of Light. Your tank needs to taunt the first pair of Defenders and make them avoid the Blades of Light. For the next Blades of Light, you will have 4 Scarlet Defenders up, and the tank should make sure they get caught up. Then, four of the players (everyone save the healer, if possible) should willingly cross Harlan's path during Blades of Light. The healer has to be very careful and keep everyone alive.
It is better to jump into Blades of Light towards the end of it, as you receive less damage.
Alternatively, you can have the tank taunt every pair of Defenders until you have gathered 8 of them. Then, let them be sucked in Blades of Light.
- Greater Dragon's Breath deals heavy Fire damage in front of Koegler, who slowly rotates on himself during the cast. Being hit by Greater Dragon's Breath also causes you to become disorientated for 5 seconds. Therefore, you need to keep moving around Koegler to avoid being hit by the breath.
- Book Burner is used a few times during the encounter and sets a book shelf aflame, creating a large damaging fiery zone around the shelf. Players can intercept the missile that Keogler throws to light the book shelf by standing in its path.
Other than avoiding these two abilities, you should interrupt his casts of Fireball Volley and Pyroblast whenever possible. Note that he will sometimes use Quickened Mind, which makes his next three spells with a cast time be almost instant, preventing you from interrupting them.
This concludes our Scarlet Halls dungeon guide. If you find any inconsistency or mistake, feel free to comment or send us an e-mail.
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1
- Valor Upgrade Requirement Changes in Patch 9.1
- From the Vault: The Burning Crusade Classic Collection
- Big Consecration Threat Bug Causing Havoc in BCC
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 14: Re-Return of the (Boom)King + Boss Only Logs
- 9.1 Release Information
- Mythic+ Dispel Guide
- Valorous Scourgeborne Plate set
- Elemental Shaman Shadowlands
- Class Order Halls - Unlock
- Laughing Skull Orcs Reputation Guide
- Survival Hunter Shadowlands
- Feral Druid PvP 9.0.5