The Emerald Nightmare Raid Guides for World of Warcraft
The Emerald Nightmare is a raid instance introduced in the World of Warcraft: Legion expansion. The raid is available in the following difficulties and sizes:
- Raid Finder;
- Normal mode (between 10 and 30 players, using the flex system);
- Heroic mode (between 10 and 30 players, using the flex system);
- Mythic mode, the hardest difficulty in the game (available only in 20-man size).
The raid is part of Tier 19, in terms of PvE progression, and it houses 7 boss encounters.
Currently, we offer you the following strategy guides:
The raid instance entrance is located in Val'sharah.
Overview of the Bosses
The raid offers a non-linear progression path, to a certain extent. Our recommended kill order is the following:
In Mythic mode, start with Nythendra, then do Ursoc, Dragons, and Elerethe in any order, before moving on to Il'gynoth and the rest of the bosses.
The first encounter your raid should choose to do is Nythendra. It is a good starting point requiring little gear and mechanical skill.
After this, your raid will have the option of four bosses to pursue next, Il'gynoth, Elerethe Renferal, Ursoc and The Dragons of Nightmare.
Ursoc is the first of these bosses that your raid should tackle. Ursoc is fairly straightforward with damage that ramps up over time, and multiple tank debuffs, much like The Butcher from Highmaul in Warlords of Draenor.
The Dragons of Nightmare (Ysondre, Lethon, Emeriss, and Taerar) are next on the list. These Dragons are Ysera's most trust lieutenants and used to be World Bosses in Vanilla WoW. In the Emerald Nightmare, they have slightly updated abilities and are all active at the same time.
Next we suggest your raid take on Il'gynoth. Il'gynoth is a bit more challenging and is better to be engaged when your raid has shaken off the new expac rust. Il'gynoth is a multi-phase fight that revolves around killing various types of adds to then access and defeat Il'gynoth itself.
We suggest tackling Elerethe Renferal as the last of these four bosses. This is because Elerethe feels quite hectic, especially in Heroic mode with tornadoes spreading poison all over.
Cenarius is the next boss for your raid to engage and defeat. Cenarius is a very chaotic fight, with lots of different types of adds, both friend and foe, that must be properly handled in order to defeat this boss.
Finally, your raid can face Xavius. This is an fairly long and tedious encounter. Xavius has a plethora of abilities including multiple damage split mechanics, and a mind control ability.
To find a list of all the loot in the instance, please refer to our Emerald Nightmare Loot guide.
- 24 Sep. 2016: Changed killed order at pottm's suggestion.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)
- Marksmanship Hunter PvE
- Heirlooms Overview
- Restoration Druid Leveling
- Mistweaver Monk PvE
- Balance Druid PvE