Balance Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Gearing in Battle for Azeroth
1.1. Gearing Outside of Raid
Mythic+ is getting a buff and a new season. A Mythic +10 key will reward 400 item level loot and your cache at the end of the week can award up to a 410 item level piece based on the key you completed.
Scrapping remains relevant in Battle of Dazar'alor. Scrapping Azerite rewards even more Titan Residuum which can be used to purchase either random dungeon pieces or even specific ones.
World Quest rewards will continue to scale up with your item level. This also includes the daily faction rewards.
1.2. Gearing Inside the Raid
Battle of Dazar'alor launches with four difficulties and rewards scaling from 370 - 415 item level base. This means the titanforging cap also raises to 425 item level.
Crucible of Storms bosses grant slightly better item level rewards. The first boss adds an additional five item levels per difficulty in comparison to BoD and the second boss adds ten additional item levels.
Bosses in the Battle of Dazar'alor raid drop Breath of Bwonsamdi which can be used to craft both Heroic item level (400) and Mythic item level pieces (415). Players must maintain their profession as a requirement to wear the crafted pieces.
1.2.1. Crucible of Storms Special Effects
Crucible of Storms has two pieces with reduced stat budgets that have special effects to balance out their value.
The first of the two is Leggings of the Aberrant Tidesage. At full value and equal item level, these legs beat out most of their counterparts. This, in addition to the heal effect at lower health points, makes these a valuable pick up.
The second has no damaging effect attached. Gloves of the Undying Pact may possibly be useful in niche situations, but will only hurt your DPS output if used outside of those situations.
2. The Best Azerite Setups
Treacherous Covenant is the clear winner in Battle of Dazar'alor. This powerful hybrid trait provides front-loaded Intellect with a minimal downside. This trait can be paired with a Arcanic Pulsar and additional Streaking Stars. All single target and cleave pieces can be found in the raid.
- Helm - Tidemother's Cover dropped by Stormwall Blockade.
- Shoulders - Mestrah's Singing Spaulders dropped by Jadefire Masters.
- Chest - Mekkatorque's Bomber Jacket dropped by High Tinker Mekkatorque.
There are several powerful upgrades from the new Azerite vendor, but these can serve every purpose you need and are more easily available to the average player than waiting for the perfect piece. The best pieces to aim for are:
- Helm - Hood of the Slithering Loa is a powerful upgrade, if you have Arcanic Pulsar in your setup already.
- Shoulders - Gorak Tul's Mantle has Streaking Stars on the first primary ring, as well as Arcanic Pulsar and Blightborne Infusion on its second primary ring. This piece breaks even with its Battle of Dazar'alor best-in-slot counterpart.
- Chest - Spymaster's Wrap is also on par with Mekkatorque's Bomber Jacket. This piece does not have good secondary traits, but it does open up other pieces by having Arcanic Pulsar, in addition to Streaking Stars.
3. Trinkets and Weapons
Trinkets, Weapons, and Azerite are the three largest DPS increases to any class in the game. Getting good pieces to fill these slots early allows you to perform incredibly well. They are also the hardest pieces to get.
There are many good One-Handers out there for Balance Druids from a variety of dungeons.
While for most players, the secondary stats available on our Two-Hander options are not as strong as the Main-Hand / Off-Hand options, Intellect gains from upgrades are are much more valuable than the minor amount of secondary difference. Item level is almost always king when referring to Weapon upgrades.
Below is the list of all dungeon and Raid trinkets ordered by strength. Most trinkets are extremely close in value to each other at the same item levels. Each trinket shown is simmed at 415 item level.
3.2.1. Single Target Trinkets
For trinkets notated with 'full value', this means that you receive none of the negative effects of the item. The new trinket Harbinger's Inscrutable Will will hit the target and send a splinter back towards the players locations. If hit, you will be silenced. Any time you get silenced, you lose value, hence the other iterations of the trinket in the sim. For Incandescent Sliver, full value means that you do not lose the 10-stack buff for the duration of the encounter.
- 15 May 2019: Moved the best Azerite setup to gearing page.
- 25 Apr. 2019: Updated trinket list.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Updated for Crucible of Storms.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 12 Oct. 2018: Updated references and added Warfronts.
- 09 Sep. 2018: Updated Trinket list.
- 29 Aug. 2018: Updated Trinket list and How to Gear section.
- 27 Aug. 2018: Added Raidbots Trinket sims and updated Weapon sims.
- 22 Aug. 2018: Darkmoon Deck: Squalls updated.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Updated trinket list.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 21 Jul. 2018: Fixed some legendary rankings.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Added a "Notable Trinkets" section.
- WoW Classic: Racials and Racial Passives
- Patch 8.2: Rusty Mechanocrawler Mount
- WoW Classic Addons: Azeroth Auto Pilot
- Guides for Profession Changes in Patch 8.2
- Purification Protocol - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Fall of the Lich King Trailer Remastered
- Patch 8.2 Essence Hotfixes: June 22nd
- Battle for Azeroth Digital Comic #4: Mechagon
- Midsummer Fire Festival
- Mechagon and Junkyard Tinkering
- The Unshackled/Ankoan Waveblade
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Patch 8.2 Engineering Changes
- Patch 8.2 Enchanting Changes
- Patch 8.2 Cooking Changes
- Patch 8.2 Blacksmithing Changes