Balance Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Gearing in Battle for Azeroth
Gearing Outside of Raid
Mythic+ is getting a buff and a new season. Each key can reward all loot on the dungeons loot table except for Azerite. Your weekly chest will contain rewards based on the highest level key completed in a week. Those rewards will be one piece of loot, Titan Residuum, Azerite Power, and a Mythic+ Keystone.
Below is a Mythic+ loot reward table. On the first week of a new season, the highest reward you can get from a Mythic+ chest is from a +6 keystone. Your weekly chest can still go up to a +10 reward.
|Keystone Level||Base Dungeon Loot||Weekly Chest Loot|
World Quest rewards will continue to scale up with your item level. This also includes the daily faction rewards.
Nazjatar and Benthic Gear
Nazjatar has a new currency called Prismatic Manapearl. This gear can be used to purchase potentially powerful Benthic gear. This gear starts at 385 and can be upgraded to 425 using these pearls and also roll sockets and tertiary stats. Benthic gear has effects that are only active inside Nazjatar and the new raid. Several notable pieces include:
- Benthic Girdle — Fathomstalker Waistband provides increased damage to Aberrations (2 of the bosses in the new raid). Vim's Scalecrusher Clasp offers a strong damage proc which does single-target, as well as decent mutli-target damage.
- Benthic Bracers — Ori's Tidal Wristwraps are the strongest of the four damaging options. All damaging bracers are still reasonably strong.
- Benthic Treads — Fathomstalker Boots could be potentially strong on one of the bosses inside The Eternal Palace, but Akana's Reefstrider Footwraps are the more flexible of the two options increasing your Critical Strike Damage.
- Benthic Gloves — Poen's Deepsea Grips provide additional damage and healing based on the spell you cast. Healing spells proc the healing effect and damage procs the damage effect.
Strong Benthic items can be better than Mythic Raid gear when fully upgraded.
Mechagon offers several trinkets and rings you can make using the crafting robot in the main hub. The trinkets are pretty subpar for their item level and there are better options available.
At revered, you can purchase the Red Punchcard Cyclotronic Blast, which fires off a laser that deals a large amount of damage. This card is good in PvP and is about on par with other equal item level trinkets.
The Operation: Mechagon dungeon released with The Eternal Palace and drops base 415 item level loot. This loot includes powerful ring effects and new Punchcards. Titanforged loot could be quite good from this instance.
The base item level rings from Operation: Mechagon are very powerful for their item level. They are set rings with the first being "Logic Loop..." and the second being "...Bit Band". Below are the simulations for each relevant damaging ring combination.
As seen in the simulations above, base item level 415 rings are stronger than base 445 item level rings. There are two Logic Loops that are shown in these simulations. The first is Logic Loop of Division, which only procs the second ring's effect when behind the target. The second is Logic Loop of Recursion, which requires a three different spells to be casted to proc the effect. This works similarly to Streaking Stars, as most spells are considered on impact except Solar Wrath.
The Nature damage proc is limited to melee range so we do not advise using that ring.
The other loot in this dungeon is relatively mediocre with the exception of the Red Punchcard Subroutine: Recalibration, which drops from completing the dungeon on Hardmode. This provides a large amount of Haste consistently over the duration of an encounter. The higher
Bosses in The Eternal Palace raid drop Eternal Ornaments, which can be used to upgrade the Abyssal Focus from Restored to Empowered with 20 and from Empowered to Radiant with 200. A Radiant Abyssal Focus allows you to craft 440 item level gear.
We recommend Leatherworking and Engineering. Engineering allows access up to the Charged A5C-3N-D3D Gearspun Goggles. This provides a Streaking Stars traits as well as the Relational Normalization Gizmo. This means that you will need to find an Arcanic Pulsar trait in another slot.
Leatherworking lets you craft up to 440 item level legs and boots, which now contain sockets.
After filling in a profession slot with raid or Benthic gear, you can swap over to another profession such as Jewelcrafting if Mechagon rings evade you.
Gearing Inside the Raid
The Eternal Palace launches has four difficulties and rewards scaling from 400 to 445 item level base. This means the titanforging cap is also raised to 455 item level.
The Best Azerite Setups
The Raid Azerite gear from The Eternal Palace is a bit worse than what we were offered in Battle of Dazar'alor. The setup below still awards a single Arcanic Pulsar and three Streaking Stars. The final two slots are taken up by mediocre traits. Loyal to the End still performs well with 4-allies using it, but Mastery falls off the better your gear gets.
- Helm — Shroud of Unmooring Whispers dropped by Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha.
- Shoulders — Shoulderpads of Frothing Rage dropped by Radiance of Azshara.
- Chest — Tunic of the Sycophant dropped by The Queen's Court.
There are several powerful upgrades from the Azerite vendor, but these can serve every purpose you need and are more easily available to the average player than waiting for the perfect piece. The best pieces to aim for are:
- Helm — Hood of the Slithering Loa is a powerful upgrade, if you have Arcanic Pulsar in your setup already.
- Shoulders — Gorak Tul's Mantle has Streaking Stars on the first primary ring, as well as Arcanic Pulsar and Blightborne Infusion on its second primary ring. This piece breaks even with its Battle of Dazar'alor best-in-slot counterpart.
- Chest — Spymaster's Wrap does not have good secondary traits, but it does open up other pieces by having Arcanic Pulsar, in addition to Streaking Stars.
Finally you can combine your Engineering helm with some raid gear and some vendor Azerite for a third viable option. All three choices are very close together in power, but two options are dependent on looting a Spymaster's Wrap.
- Helm — Charged A5C-3N-D3D Gearspun Goggles, which is crafted by Engineers.
- Shoulders — Shoulderpads of Frothing Rage, which is dropped by Radiance of Azshara or Gorak Tul's Mantle.
- Chest — Spymaster's Wrap has your Arcanic Pulsar trait.
The highest simming Azerite Trait setup goes as follows.
- Helm — Shroud of Unmooring Whispers with 4 other players using Loyal to the End. This will use Streaking Stars and Loyal to the End.
- Shoulders — Gorak Tul's Mantle will use the Critical Strike trait as well as Streaking Stars.
- Chest — Spymaster's Wrap will be the Arcanic Pulsar required for single target Balance Druid.
This setup requires immense luck, a large amount of Titan Residuum, and deep progress in The Eternal Palace raid. Aiming for some easier setups for progression is recommended.
Trinkets, Weapons, and Azerite are the three largest DPS increases to any class in the game. Getting good pieces to fill these slots early allows you to perform incredibly well. They are also the hardest pieces to get.
Weapons can generally just be chosen based on item level. Make sure you average out the item level on a main hand and offhand when comparing it to a two handed weapon. Always sim new upgrades to determine what is best.
Below is the list of all dungeon and Raid trinkets ordered by strength. Most trinkets are extremely close in value to each other at the same item levels. Each trinket shown is simmed at 445 item level unless otherwise stated.
In Patch 8.2, trinkets with on-hit effects received a sizeable buff which is taken into account in the simulation below.
Single Target Trinkets
Using Raid Trinkets
Some of the trinkets from the raid are just good on their own, some are plain bad, and some require a bit of explanation.
Leviathan's Lure is just a good single target trinket. This trinket is good enough it can even warrant a slot in dungeons because it provides a ton of damage on bosses.
Shiver Venom Relic is another good single target relic. On multiple-targets it does lose effectiveness because it can take a very long time to stack up to five. The on-use portion of this trinket provides good burst but the DoT is no joke either. It benefits heavily from Haste and should only be used at 5-stacks outside of Bloodlust and cooldowns.
Za'qul's Portal Key is one of those plain bad trinkets. Providing a decent boost on primary stat when primary stat is already pretty weak as well as having a positional requirement makes it pretty lackluster. However you can sometimes get multiple portals to spawn at once which can lead to some increased output.
Azshara's Font of Power requires a 4-second channel and gives a large primary stat boost with a duration scaling up to 30-seconds depending on how long you channeled. This is an exceptional burst phase trinket and farm trinket as some of the easier fights are very short.
Aquipotent Nautilus falls flat in single target scenarios but is the best multi-target trinket available at the moment. It sends out a wave that can pass through a unit twice and applies a 4-second DoT each time to all targets it hits. If place it on the furthest target, you can get an extra set of DoT applications as it returns to where you casted it from.
- 06 Nov. 2019: Updated trinket simulations and added trinket mentions.
- 29 Jul. 2019: Updated some incorrect mentions on Mechagon rings.
- 20 Jul. 2019: Updated trinket sims and added Best in Slot Azerite.
- 16 Jul. 2019: Changes to Operation: Mechagon section.
- 10 Jul. 2019: Updated for Mechagon Ring nerfs.
- 08 Jul. 2019: Reformatted and added Mechagon Ring sims.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Updated for The Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated Trinket List for Patch 8.2
- 15 May 2019: Moved the best Azerite setup to gearing page.
- 25 Apr. 2019: Updated trinket list.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Updated for Crucible of Storms.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 12 Oct. 2018: Updated references and added Warfronts.
- 09 Sep. 2018: Updated Trinket list.
- 29 Aug. 2018: Updated Trinket list and How to Gear section.
- 27 Aug. 2018: Added Raidbots Trinket sims and updated Weapon sims.
- 22 Aug. 2018: Darkmoon Deck: Squalls updated.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Updated trinket list.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 21 Jul. 2018: Fixed some legendary rankings.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Added a "Notable Trinkets" section.
- Mechagon and Nazjatar Essence Acquisition in Patch 8.3
- Invincible's Reins, Ashes of Al'ar & Pureblood Fire Hawk Drop in the 15th Anniversary Timewalking Raid
- Patch 8.2.5 Hotfixes: November 5th
- Fixed: Anniversary Event Raid Queues Bugged
- The 15-year Anniversary Event Guide Has Arrived
- Patch 8.3: Visions of N'zoth Is Coming Early Next Year
- The 15-Year WoW Anniversary Event Starts This Week!
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Gems for Timewalking Arcane Mage
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Completed Quests Checker
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Venthyr Covenant
- Night Fae Covenant