Balance Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Balance DPS Druid gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Balance Druid
A large portion of gearing is reliant on item level. Try not to overthink gearing as most upgrades should be easily identifiable. After item level you can further scrutinize the Secondary Stats looking for Mastery gear and items with sockets.
For more information on stats you can check our our comprehensive Stats page as well as our Gems and Enchants page.
The Importance of Simming
It is important to use Raidbots to get an accurate idea of what gear is good and what gear is bad. There are so many variables which can change which pieces you would equip. While a cursory glance can be enough to determine what is usable, deciding what is best among what is good is a more nuanced decision.
Both major Azerite setups use the same chest and shoulders from the raid. Darkheart Robe is locked in using Streaking Stars and Heart of Darkness while Pauldrons of the Great Convergence will always use Arcanic Pulsar but can choose between Streaking (single) or Heart of Darkness (multi).
The helm can be either from the vendor ( Hood of the Slithering Loa) or from Maut ( Stygian Guise). With the Maut helm, you can pick up a 3rd Heart of Darkness for a nice stat boost or just continue with the status quo using the vendor helm with the Swirling Sands Critical Strike proc.
There is a pair of synergistic rings from Mechagon which have good Stats and a strong proc. Logic Loop of Division only procs the second ring's effect when behind the target. The second is Logic Loop of Recursion, which requires three different spells to be cast to proc the effect. This works similarly to Streaking Stars, as most spells are considered on impact, except Wrath.
The Nature damage proc is limited to melee range, so we do not advise using that ring over the Haste effect.
We recommend Leatherworking and Engineering. Engineering allows access up to an Azerite helm which provides a Streaking Stars trait as well as the Relational Normalization Gizmo. While it is not the best trait, it is easily accessible before you can pick up better items.
Engineering also offers one of the only tangible PvE performance boosts in the form of the belt shield. A small little shield which can at times save your life. While generally not impactful, it is still the only profession which pays off in a raid.
All trinkets except for the Void-Twisted Titanshard are usable in the Shadowlands pre-patch. The best overall trinket happens to be a non-raid trinket, in Highborne Compendium of Storms, which remains absurdly strong even given its low item level.
Additional trinkets to pair are:
- Manifesto of Madness with its high item level and burst stat on-use is still powerful enough to retain its top two spot in optimal settings.
- Psyche Shredder would be the third best overall single target if Manifesto cannot be optimally used.
- Humming Black Dragonscale and Vita-Charged Titanshard are both suitable replacements for a suboptimal Manifesto on multi-target.
- Humming Black Dragonscale provides a moderate Haste increase when used on the more multi-target fights.
- Psyche Shredder puts a DoT on the target and you should swap to it to gain benefit. Generally, a single-target trinket, but it can be used on more hybrid fights.
- Vita-Charged Titanshard is a passive Haste buff proc to yourself and the party you are in. Void-Twisted Titanshard can look good, but is not generally usable, even with the 2-piece set bonus, as the trinket uptime is tied to a shield.
- Forbidden Obsidian Claw is a great priority target trinket. Good on bosses with important adds to burst.
- Manifesto of Madness is a more difficult to manage trinket, but the increased item level can edge it out if used properly.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Updated gear page with Trinkets and Azerite
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated trinket recommendations.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- The Madness Begins Anew: Exile's Reach Speedruns
- Addon Spotlight: Better Wardrobe and Transmog
- Most Popular Classes and Specs for Mythic+ in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch
- Ghostcrawler Talks WoW After 6 Years: Leveling, His Ret Pala, AoE and More
- First World of Warcraft Trailer Upscaled to 8K
- Did You Know Pets Grow in Size As You Level?
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 36294: Renown UI Updated
- Expansion Quality Pendulum Theory Animated!