Balance Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Gearing in Battle for Azeroth
1.1. Gearing Outside of Raid
Mythic+ is getting a buff and a new season. A Mythic +10 key will reward 400 item level loot and your cache at the end of the week can award up to a 410 item level piece based on the key you completed.
Scrapping remains relevant in Battle of Dazar'alor. Scrapping Azerite rewards even more Titan Residuum which can be used to purchase either random dungeon pieces or even specific ones.
World Quest rewards will continue to scale up with your item level. This also includes the daily faction rewards.
1.2. Gearing Inside the Raid
Battle of Dazar'alor launches with four difficulties and rewards scaling from 370 - 415 item level base. This means the titanforging cap also raises to 425 item level.
Crucible of Storms bosses grant slightly better item level rewards. The first boss adds an additional five item levels per difficulty in comparison to BoD and the second boss adds ten additional item levels.
Bosses in the Battle of Dazar'alor raid drop Breath of Bwonsamdi which can be used to craft both Heroic item level (400) and Mythic item level pieces (415). Players must maintain their profession as a requirement to wear the crafted pieces.
1.2.1. Crucible of Storms Special Effects
Crucible of Storms has two pieces with reduced stat budgets that have special effects to balance out their value.
The first of the two is Leggings of the Aberrant Tidesage. At full value and equal item level, these legs beat out most of their counterparts. This, in addition to the heal effect at lower health points, makes these a valuable pick up.
The second has no damaging effect attached. Gloves of the Undying Pact may possibly be useful in niche situations, but will only hurt your DPS output if used outside of those situations.
2. Trinkets and Weapons
Trinkets, Weapons, and Azerite are the three largest DPS increases to any class in the game. Getting good pieces to fill these slots early allows you to perform incredibly well. They are also the hardest pieces to get.
There are many good One-Handers out there for Balance Druids from a variety of dungeons.
While for most players, the secondary stats available on our Two-Hander options are not as strong as the Main-Hand / Off-Hand options, Intellect gains from upgrades are are much more valuable than the minor amount of secondary difference. Item level is almost always king when referring to Weapon upgrades.
Below is the list of all dungeon and Raid trinkets ordered by strength. Most trinkets are extremely close in value to each other at the same item levels. Each trinket shown is simmed at 415 item level.
2.2.1. Single Target Trinkets
For trinkets notated with 'full value', this means that you receive none of the negative effects of the item. The new trinket Harbinger's Inscrutable Will will hit the target and send a splinter back towards the players locations. If hit, you will be silenced. Any time you get silenced, you lose value, hence the other iterations of the trinket in the sim. For Incandescent Sliver, full value means that you do not lose the 10-stack buff for the duration of the encounter.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Updated for Crucible of Storms.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 12 Oct. 2018: Updated references and added Warfronts.
- 09 Sep. 2018: Updated Trinket list.
- 29 Aug. 2018: Updated Trinket list and How to Gear section.
- 27 Aug. 2018: Added Raidbots Trinket sims and updated Weapon sims.
- 22 Aug. 2018: Darkmoon Deck: Squalls updated.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Updated trinket list.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 21 Jul. 2018: Fixed some legendary rankings.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Added a "Notable Trinkets" section.
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 25th
- Patch 8.2: Tauren Heritage Armor
- Everything You Need to Know About BlizzCon 2019
- Crucible of Storms Race Day 2: Limit Takes a Break, 3 Kills
- Pieces Take the World First on Restless Cabal
- Against Overwhelming Odds Clarifications: April 24th
- Crucible of Storms M Race Day 1: Cabal Lives!
- 8.2 PTR Dev Notes, April 23rd: Heritage Armor, Pet Battle WQs
- Feral Druid 8.1
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Outlaw Rogue 8.1
- Gold Making Q & A Streams
- Gold making: Beginner professions
- Picking a profession in BfA