Balance Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Gearing in Battle for Azeroth
1.1. How to Gear
Remember when gearing to sim yourself for your stat weights, but Balance Druids will generally be after pieces with a high amount of Haste and Mastery.
- World Quests provide players with a variety of rewards such as Azerite, Reputation, and even Gear. World Quest gear scales with the player and the item level caps at 330 once the player's item level is 325. This gear can roll additional sockets and even be Titanforged, so if the piece has good stats, doing the World Quest can give you a solid item before entering Uldir.
- Reputation gives out rewards based on your status with the faction. For most factions, Honored awards a 320 cloak, Revered a 335 item, and Exalted gives a 350 item. Additionally, each reputation level gained with Champions of Azeroth gives additional item level to your Heart of Azeroth.
- There are four dungeon difficulties for players. Players can get rewards from Normal (310), Heroic (325), Mythic (340), and Mythic+ (345+) difficulties.
- Using Mythic+ dungeons, players can farm weapons, trinkets, and other standard gear. Remember to do a Mythic level 10 dungeon to max out the reward from your cache on the following reset. Your Mythic+ cache will scale based on the highest level of dungeon you completed the previous week.
- Kill the World Boss once a week for a chance at 355 item level gear. The Warfront World Boss drops 370+ item level gear.
- Warfronts drop 340 base item level pieces for each scenario victory. Your first Warfront of the week will reward additional Artifact power as well as a 370 item level piece.
- Save any useless greens, blues, trinkets, and Azerite you get while leveling and World Questing, and scrap them. Reroll all pieces to the best possible stats if you have the resources. In Uldir, you are also able to collect Sanguicell which can be used to craft 370 and 385 item level gear. Save Expulsom to reroll poorly statted pieces and Titan Residuum to purchase new Azerite Gear.
- Uldir is where the majority of gear will be acquired, as it has the highest base item levels at 370 and 355 respectively for Normal and Heroic. Mythic Uldir will drop 385 item level gear at base level, making it the best way to grind gear on a weekly lockout.
1.2. Trinkets and Weapons
Trinkets, Weapons, and Azerite are the three largest DPS increases to any class in the game. Getting good pieces to fill these slots early allows you to perform incredibly well. They are also the hardest pieces to get.
There are many good One-Handers out there for Balance Druids from a variety of dungeons.
While for most players, the secondary stats available on our Two-Hander options are not as strong as the Main-Hand / Off-Hand options, Intellect gains from upgrades are are much more valuable than the minor amount of secondary difference. Item level is almost always king when refering to Weapon upgrades.
Below is the list of all dungeon and World Boss trinkets ordered by strength. Most trinkets are extremely close in value to each other at the same item levels.
All trinkets here are simmed at 385 item level. World boss and World drop trinkets are defaulted to 355 item level so obtaining one high enough to be relevant is low.
Trinkets denoted with an asterisk lose value with additional targets.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 12 Oct. 2018: Updated references and added Warfronts.
- 09 Sep. 2018: Updated Trinket list.
- 29 Aug. 2018: Updated Trinket list and How to Gear section.
- 27 Aug. 2018: Added Raidbots Trinket sims and updated Weapon sims.
- 22 Aug. 2018: Darkmoon Deck: Squalls updated.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Updated trinket list.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 21 Jul. 2018: Fixed some legendary rankings.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Added a "Notable Trinkets" section.
- WoW Esports in 2019
- PvP Season 1: Arena and RBG Title Cutoffs
- Tides of Vengeance Part II: Survival Guide
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Need help with BoS
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1