Balance Druid DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Balance Druid. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Balance Druid stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Balance Druid
The stat priority for a Balance Druid is as follows:
Stat Choice for Balance Druids
For most Covenants, you will want to prioritize these stats:
- Critical Strike.
For Venthyr, stats like Critical Strike and Versatility are both extremely bad and significantly worse than Mastery and Haste.
Explaining Stat Priority
The Stat Priority is a fluid entity. Every piece of gear you equip, socket you roll on your loot, and every piece you swap affects your stat priority. If you neglect a stat too much, its priority will rise higher and higher until it overtakes other stats. If the stat is lower on the above general priority, it will generally not take too much of the stat to drop it back down quickly.
Often times, you may sim your gear and see Mastery is low or Critical Strike is high or any other stat for that matter. You change one or two pieces or even an enchant and may see wildly different results. Use Top Gear on Raidbots to get a more accurate depiction of how upgrades will fit into your gear.
Haste is the prime example of fluctuating priority. When met with set duration buffs like Eclipse, the sim who is playing perfectly, may alter what it casts inside these buff windows. Cooldowns and Bloodlust further exacerbate this, as it also takes those windows into consideration as well.
You can take a closer look on how it affects gearing on our Gear and Enchants pages.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Getting a Better Understanding of Balance Druid Stats
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the damage of your spells.
Mastery, through Mastery: Total Eclipse, increases the damage dealt by your Nature and Arcane spells depending on which Eclipse you are in. Balance Druids also have several abilities flagged as Astral damage. This means they gain benefit from both types of damage amplifiers. Inside your cooldowns where both Eclipses are active, Astral damage gains double the amplification.
Haste increases your casting speed and your Astral Power generation (as a result of you being able to cast more spells).
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities. This stat has an element of randomness, meaning that it may not always be as effective as other stats or may be more effective than other stats on a fight-by-fight basis.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken. This stat can be undervalued while doing more difficult content as the damage reduction is not factored into most decisions. When doing raid progression, high Mythic+, or any other hard hitting content, consider valuing Versatility higher.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Page reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 10 Apr. 2021: Added Inscrutable Quantum Device section.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 01 Feb. 2020: Minor updates.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Updated for Castle Nathria.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Removed Intellect section.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st