Balance Druid PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Balance Druid in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Balance Druid PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Balance Druids in PvP
The stat priority for Balance Druid in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times because it increases the damage you deal and reduces the damage you take. Haste is the next strongest secondary stat because it reduces the Global Cooldown on abilities and your cast time.
In general, Balance Druids want to get trinkets that line up well with Incarnation: Chosen of Elune. Because this ability has a 3-minute cooldown, your trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. You want to increase Intellect because it drastically increases your overall damage output.
Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Balance Druid.
- Head: Lost Landcaller's Antlers
- Neck: Crimson Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Lost Landcaller's Mantle
- Cloak: Crimson Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Lost Landcaller's Robes
- Wrists: Crimson Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Lost Landcaller's Claws
- Waist: Crimson Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Lost Landcaller's Leggings
- Feet: Infurious Footwraps of Indemnity
- Ring 1: Crimson Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Crimson Gladiator's Signet
- Trinket 1: Crimson Gladiator's Medallion
- Trinket 2: Crimson Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity
- Weapon: Crimson Gladiator's Staff
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Stamina and Intellect boost that will increase your survivability and healing/damage output.
As noted above, acquiring both your 2-set and 4-set bonus is crucial. For Balance Druids, this is your tier set:
- Balance Druid 2pc — Starsurge and Starfall increase the damage of your next Wrath or Starfire by 20%, stacking up to 3 times.
- Balance Druid 4pc — When you enter Eclipse, your next Starsurge or Starfall costs no Astral Power and deals 35% increased damage.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Balance Druid:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Feet: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Frozen Writ
- Legs: Temporal Spellthread
Energized Malygite is the best gem you can use.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Trinkets to Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier-Set section.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 12 Dec. 2022: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Updated Gems and Enchants.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Mar. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear section.
- Added Tier-Set section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 22 Nov. 2021: Updated Glove and Ring Recommendation.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated recommended gear and added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1