Balance Druid PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Balance Druid in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Balance Druid PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Balance Druids in PvP
The stat priority for Balance Druid in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to it increasing the damage you deal and reducing the damage you take. Haste is the next strongest secondary stat due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on abilities and reducing your cast time.
In general, Balance Druids want to get trinkets that line up well with Incarnation: Chosen of Elune. Because this ability has a 3 minute cooldown, your trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output.
Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Balance Druid.
- Head: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Mask
- Neck: Eternal Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Spaulders
- Cloak: Eternal Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Vest
- Wrists: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Gloves
- Waist: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Breeches
- Feet: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Eternal Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Eternal Gladiator's Signet
- Weapon: Eternal Gladiator's Vesper
Tier Set Bonuses for Balance Druids
Tier set pieces are obtained in PvP from the Great Vault and can eventually be created from other items in the same slot using the Creation Catalyst. Overall, the set bonuses provide a large amount of damage very often throughout an arena match. It is extremely important to obtain both the Balance Druid 2-Piece and Balance Druid 4-Piece bonuses as soon as possible. Here are the best pieces to get for the set:
- Head: Headpiece of the Fixed Stars;
- Shoulders: Shoulderpads of the Fixed Stars;
- Chest: Chestguard of the Fixed Stars;
- Gloves: Handwraps of the Fixed Stars.
For an in-depth analysis of the set bonuses visit here:
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Stamina and Intellect boost that will increase your survivability and healing/damage output.
Eternal Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Eternal Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Eternal Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Eternal Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Balance Druid:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Mar. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear section.
- Added Tier-Set section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 22 Nov. 2021: Updated Glove and Ring Recommendation.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated recommended gear and added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st