The Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stone Guide for Dragonflight (10.1.5)
Onyx Annulet is an upgradable ring with 3 empty sockets intended for Primordial Stones with powerful effects. The following guide covers everything you need to know about the ring and Primordial Stones in Patch 10.1.5.
- 8. How Many Primordial Stones Do You Put in the Onyx Annulet?
- 9. How to Remove Primordial Stones from the Onyx Annulet?
- 10. How to Break Down Primordial Stones?
- 11. How to Upgrade Primordial Stones?
- 12. Primordial Stone Item Levels
- 13. What Item Level is the Onyx Annulet?
- 14. How to Buy More Onyx Annulets?
What is the Onyx Annulet?
Onyx Annulet is a socketable ring added in Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7. It works just like the Mechagon trinket, but instead of putting in punch cards, you put in up to 3 Primordial Stones with powerful effects.
Onyx Annulet Nerfs in Patch 10.1.5
How to Obtain the Onyx Annulet in Patch 10.1.5?
You will receive Onyx Annulet upon first exploring the Zskera Vaults.
You must first finish the Forbidden Reach intro questline, which starts in Valdrakken by talking to Kazra at the Seat of the Aspects. Then you must fly to the Forbidden Reach and complete all quests up to the point where you save Jeb and Tacha and make your way to the Zskera Vaults entrance (Exploring Our Past quest).
The follow-up quest Zskera Vault: Az requires you to explore the vault for the very first time. Tacha will have a quest and provide you with your first free Zskera Vault Keys.
All you have to do now is talk to Pathfinder Jeb who will teleport you to Zskera Vault: Az. You must secure the vault by killing the NPC in the center.
On the ground during your first run, you will find an Unusual Ring, which starts a quest for the Onyx Annulet.
The quest is turned in at Researcher Imareth in Morqut Village after you are done exploring the vault.
With the provided keys, open doors and loot chests to receive your first set of Primordial Stones that you can socket into the Onyx Annulet ring.
What Are Primordial Stones?
Primordial Stones are items that can be socketed into the Onyx Annulet. Each Stone comes with a different effect.
How to Obtain Primordial Stones?
You can get them from the Zskera Vaults and the Forbidden Reach content.
Primordial Stones from Condensed Magic Tokens
Condensed Magic items can be obtained from participating in the Forbidden Reach content, which includes killing Rares, opening Treasure Chests, completing the new Primal Storm event, and more. Alternatively, you can purchase them from Researcher Imareth for 10 Dormant Primordial Fragments.
Condensed Magic items are Consumables that create a random Primordial Stone from a specific Family.
- Condensed Arcane Magic — Create a Primordial Stone from the Arcane family.
- Condensed Earth Magic — Create a Primordial Stone from the Earth family.
- Condensed Fire Magic — Create a Primordial Stone from the Fire family.
- Condensed Frost Magic — Create a Primordial Stone from the Frost family.
- Condensed Nature Magic — Create a Primordial Stone from the Nature family.
- Condensed Necromantic Magic — Create a Primordial Stone from the Necromantic family.
- Condensed Shadow Magic — Create a Primordial Stone from the Shadow family.
A List of Primordial Stones and Their Effects in Patch 10.1.5
There is a total of 24 Primordial Stones you can collect in the game. The stones are Unique-Equipped, and their effects do not stack.
All bonus damage, healing, absorb, and stat enhancements from Primordial Stones are reduced by 75% in PvP Combat.
- Cold Frost Stone — Gain a Frost shield every 20 seconds that absorbs 21,670 damage and slows melee attackers by 15% for 5 seconds.
- Deluging Water Stone — Abilities can drench a nearby ally, healing them for 26,004 over 6 seconds.
- Desirous Blood Stone — Dealing damage can drain life, dealing 12,127 Shadow damage and healing you for that amount.
- Echoing Thunder Stone — Moving builds an electrical charge, causing your next damaging ability also to deal 14,437 Nature damage.
- Entropic Fel Stone — Fire damage dealt by Primordial Stones is increased by 60% and is now Chaos damage.
- Exuding Steam Stone — Receiving heals can exude steam, restoring 12,039 health to yourself and 2 nearby allies.
- Flame Licked Stone — Dealing damage can set the enemy on fire, dealing 17,325 Fire damage over 7 seconds.
- Freezing Ice Stone — Dealing damage can chill the enemy, dealing 16,171 Frost damage and slowing them by 15% for 6 seconds.
- Gleaming Iron Stone — Standing still for 3 seconds in combat steels yourself, absorbing 16,253 damage and increasing auto-attack damage by 305 for 25 seconds.
- Harmonic Music Stone — Entering combat increases the tertiary stats of you and 4 nearby allies by 364 for 8 seconds.
- Humming Arcane Stone — Dealing Magic damage has a chance to fire Arcane missiles for each Primordial Stone family you have equipped, each dealing 8,422 Arcane damage.
- Indomitable Earth Stone — Taking damage has a chance to shield yourself, absorbing 32,506 damage for 12 seconds.
- Necromantic Death Stone — Once every minute, moving near a corpse grants the Equip effects of the Desirous Blood, Cold Frost, and Pestilent Plague Stones for 25 seconds. Already having one of these effects instead increases its effectiveness by 75%.
- Obscure Pastel Stone — Spells and abilities have a chance to cast a random Primordial Stone effect.
- Pestilent Plague Stone — Dealing damage can infect the target with a plague that spreads to nearby enemies, dealing 6,255 Nature damage over 9 seconds.
- Prophetic Twilight Stone — Damaging effects from your Primordial Stones trigger one of your healing effects and vice versa.
- Raging Magma Stone — Absorbing damage can coat you in lava, causing melee attackers to take 2,406 Fire damage for 6 seconds.
- Searing Smokey Stone — Successful interrupts exhale smoke, dealing 6,875 Fire damage to enemies within an 8-yard cone in front of you.
- Shining Obsidian Stone — Gaining an absorb shield from a Primordial Stone erupts from the ground, dealing 25,782 Physical damage split between enemies within 5 yards. Damage is increased for each enemy struck up to 5 enemies.
- Sparkling Mana Stone — Frost effects from Primordial Stones restore 993 Mana over 3 seconds.
- Storm Infused Stone — Critically striking an enemy can shock them and 2 nearby enemies, dealing 9,300 Nature damage.
- Swirling Mojo Stone — Being near a dying creature saps a portion of their mojo and eventually crystallizes it.
- Wild Spirit Stone — Nature and healing effects from Primordial Stones restore 4,942 health of 5 nearby allies over 7 seconds.
- Wind Sculpted Stone — Moving rallies the winds to your side, granting 93 Speed stacking up to 5 times.
How Many Primordial Stones Do You Put in the Onyx Annulet?
You can have a maximum of 3 stones in the Onyx Annulet.
How to Remove Primordial Stones from the Onyx Annulet?
Primordial Stones can be removed from the ring at any time at the Jewelcrafting Table near Ham'urit in Morqut Village. Removing the stones does not destroy them.
How to Break Down Primordial Stones?
You can break down Primordial Stones at the Blacksmithing Table in Morqut Village. Breaking down 1 stone will provide you with 6 Dormant Primordial Fragment. These are used to buy Condensed Magic items and to create Unstable Elementium.
Both removing and breaking down Primordial Stones requires you to complete the Primordial Embellishment quest first by retrieving Primordial Jeweler's Kit and Primordial Anvil from the Zskera Vaults. The quest becomes available immediately after you turn in the Onyx Annulet quest.
How to Upgrade Primordial Stones?
Primordial Stones can be upgraded twice with Unstable Elementium created by Jewelcrafters. If you are not a Jewelcrafter, create a crafting order for the item. You will need 10 Dormant Primordial Fragments and 25 Silken Gemdust to create 1 Unstable Elementium.
Primordial Stone Item Levels
Primordial Stones start at Item Level 411. The first rank upgrade increases the Primordial Stone Item Level from 411 to 418. The second upgrade increases it from 418 to 424.
What Item Level is the Onyx Annulet?
The Item Level of your Onyx Annulet is always the average Item Level of your socketed Primordial Stones. Without sockets, it will be of Item Level 405; with 3 Item Level 411 sockets, the Item Level of the ring will be 411, and so on.
How to Buy More Onyx Annulets?
You do not need to constantly swap out Primordial Gems to be optimal in different types of content. Instead, you can buy additional Onyx Annulets from Researcher Imareth (35.09 57.61) in Morqut Village for 10 Dormant Primordial Fragments. That way, you can have 1 annulet for Mythic+, 1 for raiding, and so on.
If Imareth does not sell anything, make sure to complete the quest, where you recover the anvil and table from Zskera Vaults first.
- 07 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 02 Apr. 2023: Added more information on how to buy additional annulets.
- 28 Mar. 2023: Primordial Stone tooltips updated.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Updated with hotfixes and PvP details.
- 18 Mar. 2023: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2