Chi-Ji Detailed Strategy Guide
Table of Contents
This guide is intended to provide a comprehensive description of the encounter with Chi-Ji in Pandaria. It is targeted at anyone who desires to understand the fight mechanics.
This guide is updated for World of Warcraft WoD 6.1.2.
Chi-Ji is of the four Celestials that you will fight in the Celestial Court on the Timeless Isle. This is a simple fight that should not pose any issue. If you die, you can simply wait to respawn and run back.
1. General Information
- Chi-Ji's health increases as more people engage him.
- You will need only one tank.
- Chi-Ji does not seem to have an enrage timer.
Chi-Ji drops item level 522 PvP gear and parts of the item level 553 Tier 16 sets: Hands and Legs.
- Find the Beacon of Hope during Blazing Song. Chi-Ji sometimes casts Blazing Song, when this happens, you need look for the player who has the Beacon of Hope and stack on them. There will be a very noticeable white ground effect around them. Failing to find cover will result in your death.
- Move out of the Firestorms. Firestorms are fiery tornadoes that damage nearby players. Thankfully, they remain stationary.
- Ignore the children of Chi-Ji and move out of their path. When Chi-Ji casts Crane Rush, she summons a number of Children of Chi-Ji, who run at different speeds from his location towards the edges of the room. They leave very damaging fire void zones behind them and deal damage to players close to them, so simply move away from their path.
- Interrupt Inspiring Song. Inspiring Song is a very powerful healing spell that Chi-Ji sometimes casts on himself.
- When you die, wait until you respawn and run back.
- Nothing specific.
- Nothing specific.
- Kill Chi-Ji.
4. Concluding Remarks
This concludes our raid guide for Chi-Ji. We hope you have found it helpful. Please do not hesitate to post any feedback you may have on our forums.
5. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 14 Sep. 2013: Added more details about the Children of Chi-Ji.
- Unholy - Mastery vs Versatility
- Unholy in 7.3
- Class Order Halls - Resources and Advancements
- [Emerald Dream] [A] Safety Not Guaranteed (10/10M, 2/9M) Recruitment
- [Stormrage][A] Efficient (4/9H) LF Tank & DPS
- [Sargeras] [A] Business Class (4/9 M) LF Warr & Lock
- [Illidan][H]Shroud(8/9H ToS) LF TANK
- [Illidan][H]Shroud8/9H ToS LF Ranged DPS
- BM or switch to MM, overall problems... please help me.
- Arms Warrior 7.2.5
- I have logs! :D
- BM DPS Help: My DPS Has Gotten Low
- Affliction Warlock 7.2.5
- Beast Mastery Hunter 7.2.5
- Tarnished Sentinel Medallion question
- Attack missed