Chi-Ji Detailed Strategy Guide
Table of Contents
This guide is intended to provide a comprehensive description of the encounter with Chi-Ji in Pandaria. It is targeted at anyone who desires to understand the fight mechanics.
This guide is updated for World of Warcraft WoD 6.1.2.
Chi-Ji is of the four Celestials that you will fight in the Celestial Court on the Timeless Isle. This is a simple fight that should not pose any issue. If you die, you can simply wait to respawn and run back.
- Chi-Ji's health increases as more people engage him.
- You will need only one tank.
- Chi-Ji does not seem to have an enrage timer.
Chi-Ji drops item level 522 PvP gear and parts of the item level 553 Tier 16 sets: Hands and Legs.
- Find the Beacon of Hope during Blazing Song. Chi-Ji sometimes casts Blazing Song, when this happens, you need look for the player who has the Beacon of Hope and stack on them. There will be a very noticeable white ground effect around them. Failing to find cover will result in your death.
- Move out of the Firestorms. Firestorms are fiery tornadoes that damage nearby players. Thankfully, they remain stationary.
- Ignore the children of Chi-Ji and move out of their path. When Chi-Ji casts Crane Rush, she summons a number of Children of Chi-Ji, who run at different speeds from his location towards the edges of the room. They leave very damaging fire void zones behind them and deal damage to players close to them, so simply move away from their path.
- Interrupt Inspiring Song. Inspiring Song is a very powerful healing spell that Chi-Ji sometimes casts on himself.
- When you die, wait until you respawn and run back.
- Nothing specific.
- Nothing specific.
- Kill Chi-Ji.
This concludes our raid guide for Chi-Ji. We hope you have found it helpful. Please do not hesitate to post any feedback you may have on our forums.
- 14 Sep. 2013: Added more details about the Children of Chi-Ji.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes
- Retribution Paladin Shadowlands
- Slime Serpent for Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Enhancement Stat percentages?
- Destruction Warlock Leveling
- Destruction Warlock Shadowlands
- Fury Warrior Leveling
- Holy Priest PvP 9.0.5
- Flying in Shadowlands