Niuzao Detailed Strategy Guide
Table of Contents
This guide is intended to provide a comprehensive description of the encounter with Niuzao in Pandaria. It is targeted at anyone who desires to understand the fight mechanics.
This guide is updated for World of Warcraft WoD 6.1.2.
Niuzao is one the four Celestials that you will fight in the Celestial Court on the Timeless Isle. The mechanics of the fight are very simple. If you die, you can simply wait to respawn and run back.
- Niuzao's health increases as more people engage him.
- It is possible to use only one tank, but is preferable to go with two.
- Niuzao does not seem to have an enrage timer.
Niuzao drops item level 522 PvP gear and parts of the item level 553 Tier 16 sets: Hands and Legs.
- Beware of Niuzao's charge. Approximately every minute, Niuzao will cast Charge, which causes him to run around the arena in a predictable pattern, dealing very high damage to everyone within 30 yards of him. Stay somewhere safe instead of running after him.
- When you die, wait until you respawn and run back.
- Taunt when the other tank gets headbutted. Niuzao's Headbutt inflicts very high damage on the current tank, knocking them back and removing all threat. When this happens, you need to taunt the boss and tank it until the next Headbutt.
- Players take increasing damage. Every minute, Niuzao stacks a debuff on players called Oxen Fortitude.
- Heal through Massive Quake. Every minute, Niuzao casts Massive Quake, which deals damage every second for 10 seconds. Simply heal through it, nothing else happens during that time.
- Kill Niuzao.
- If you find yourself on top of the aggro table after Headbutt, do your best to survive until a tank picks up the boss.
This concludes our raid guide for Niuzao. We hope you have found it helpful. Please do not hesitate to post any feedback you may have on our forums.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)
- Marksmanship Hunter PvE
- Heirlooms Overview
- Restoration Druid Leveling
- Mistweaver Monk PvE
- Balance Druid PvE