Xuen Detailed Strategy Guide
Table of Contents
This guide is intended to provide a comprehensive description of the encounter with Xuen in Pandaria. It is targeted at anyone who desires to understand the fight mechanics.
This guide is updated for World of Warcraft WoD 6.1.2.
Xuen is one the four Celestials that you will fight in the Celestial Court on the Timeless Isle. The mechanics of the fight are very simple. If you die, you can simply wait to respawn and run back.
- Xuen's health increases as more people engage him.
- You will need two tanks.
- Xuen does not seem to have an enrage timer.
Xuen drops item level 522 PvP gear and parts of the item level 553 Tier 16 sets: Hands and Legs.
- Do not stand in front of Xuen, unless you are the tank. Xuen regularly casts a damaging frontal attack called Spectral Swipe. You do not want to get hit by it.
- Spread out. Otherwise, Crackling Lightning will do increased damage.
- Move away when Xuen leaps. When Xuen casts Leap, he jumps towards a random player and then performs Spectral Swipe.
- Move away from the falling Chi. Chi Barrage creates balls of Chi that fall at the location of random raid members. Getting touched by them deals a very high amount of damage.
- Dispel the Agility self-buff. Xuen often casts Agility on himself, dispel it. Mages can Spellsteal it, which is even better.
- When you die, wait until you respawn and run back.
- Tank the boss facing away from the raid. You want to avoid having raid members hit by Spectral Swipe.
- Regularly perform a tank-switch for Spectral Swipe. Switch at 4 or 5 stacks.
- Beware of Chi Barrage. The Chi balls from Chi Barrage come rather quickly, so expect people to take damage from them.
- Kill Xuen.
This concludes our raid guide for Chi-Ji. We hope you have found it helpful. Please do not hesitate to post any feedback you may have on our forums.
- Big PvP Updates Coming to Shadowlands Beta
- Average Player Leveling in the Pre-patch and Shadowlands Will Take 8-10 Hours
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854: Class Changes Recap
- Player Solos All Alliance Faction Leaders
- Shadowlands Mythic Season 1 End-of-Run Rewards Capped Below Castle Nathria Heroic Item Level
- Shaman Class Changes in Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854
- Engineer's Workshop: The WoW Companion App and Multi-Expansion Support
- Fan-Made Shadowlands Login Screen
- Holy Priest 8.3
- Castle Nathria DPS Rankings
- Castle Nathria Tank Rankings
- Hunter Leveling Guide
- Demon Hunter Changes
- Castle Nathria Healer Rankings
- Short List Of Features And Changes I Feel Would Improve The Game
- Shaman guide for Shadowlands