Xuen Detailed Strategy Guide
Table of Contents
This guide is intended to provide a comprehensive description of the encounter with Xuen in Pandaria. It is targeted at anyone who desires to understand the fight mechanics.
This guide is updated for World of Warcraft WoD 6.1.2.
Xuen is one the four Celestials that you will fight in the Celestial Court on the Timeless Isle. The mechanics of the fight are very simple. If you die, you can simply wait to respawn and run back.
1. General Information
- Xuen's health increases as more people engage him.
- You will need two tanks.
- Xuen does not seem to have an enrage timer.
Xuen drops item level 522 PvP gear and parts of the item level 553 Tier 16 sets: Hands and Legs.
- Do not stand in front of Xuen, unless you are the tank. Xuen regularly casts a damaging frontal attack called Spectral Swipe. You do not want to get hit by it.
- Spread out. Otherwise, Crackling Lightning will do increased damage.
- Move away when Xuen leaps. When Xuen casts Leap, he jumps towards a random player and then performs Spectral Swipe.
- Move away from the falling Chi. Chi Barrage creates balls of Chi that fall at the location of random raid members. Getting touched by them deals a very high amount of damage.
- Dispel the Agility self-buff. Xuen often casts Agility on himself, dispel it. Mages can Spellsteal it, which is even better.
- When you die, wait until you respawn and run back.
- Tank the boss facing away from the raid. You want to avoid having raid members hit by Spectral Swipe.
- Regularly perform a tank-switch for Spectral Swipe. Switch at 4 or 5 stacks.
- Beware of Chi Barrage. The Chi balls from Chi Barrage come rather quickly, so expect people to take damage from them.
- Kill Xuen.
4. Concluding Remarks
This concludes our raid guide for Chi-Ji. We hope you have found it helpful. Please do not hesitate to post any feedback you may have on our forums.
- Antorus M Race Day 6: Argus Mythic Footage
- New Zones in Patch 7.3.5
- Celestalon's Moving to Hearthstone
- New Call of the Scarab Micro-Holiday Mounts in Patch 7.3.5
- Seething Shore Battleground in Battle for Azeroth
- Antorus M Race Day 3: Exorsus 10/11, Coven Video
- Antorus M Progress Day 2: Only Argus Left
- Patch 7.3.2 Hotfixes: December 6th
- Blood DK stats and gear
- Unholy Death Knight 7.3
- Achievement hunters
- Professions 7.3 to 8.0 & beyond (what are you thinking)
- Dk assistance and
- Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3
- Which trinkets?
- NEW TO FURY [DPS ISSUE]
- Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3
- Protection Warrior 7.3
- Dire Frenzy build is still viable!
- High keys with Tyrannical
- Protection Paladin 7.3
- Enhancement Shaman 7.3
- Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3
- Marksmanship Hunter 7.3