DestructionWarlock PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Destruction Warlock in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Rogues.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Destruction Warlock.
- Night Fae is the best Covenant to choose. This Covenant unlocks a strong damaging ability, Soul Rot, as well as more mobility from Soulshape.
- Kyrian is another good Covenant to choose. This gives you strong abilities that increase your survivability from the Covenant spell, Phial of Serenity.
Best Soulbinds for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc.
Night Fae Soulbind Tree
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Night Fae.
Kyrian Soulbind Tree
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Kyrian.
Best Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
- Combusting Engine is the best Potency Conduit. This makes Conflagrate increase the damage of Immolate until it is expired or refreshed. This is a large increase to your overall damage output.
- Ashen Remains makes Chaos Bolt and Incinerate do more damage to targets with Immolate on them. This is another Conduit that increases your damage output.
Best Endurance Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
- Resolute Barrier makes it so that large attacks against you reduce the cooldown of Unending Resolve. This can only happen once every 30 seconds.
- Accrued Vitality makes Drain Life heal for more. This will help with your survivability when you need the self-healing.
Best Finesse Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
- Shade of Terror makes your Fear withstand more damage before breaking. This is crucial, as you can Fear targets even if they have DoTs on them and not worry about Fear cancelling its duration.
- Demonic Momentum makes it so your movement speed is increased after using Demonic Circle: Teleport. This is an important Conduit that will make it easier to kite away from enemies.
Best Legendaries for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Destruction Warlock.
- Cinders of the Azj'Aqir is the best legendary you can get. This makes it so you can use Conflagrate much more often, increasing your damage output.
- Madness of the Azj'Aqir is a good legendary for increasing your damage output. This makes it so Chaos Bolt increases the damage of Chaos Bolt and reduces the cast time of it. This is a good legendary to use when you can cast often in an arena match.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is also a legendary that will find play. This reduces the duration of incoming crowd control and increases your secondary stats. This can happen once every 30 seconds.
- Pillars of the Dark Portal gives you much more mobility with Demonic Gateway. This should be used versus teams with two melee on it and you know you will be the target.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Page added.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872