DestructionWarlock PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.1)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Destruction Warlock in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Rogues.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here is the best Covenant for Destruction Warlock.
- Night Fae is the best Covenant to choose. This Covenant unlocks a strong damaging ability, Soul Rot, as well as more mobility from Soulshape.
Best Soulbinds for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc.
Night Fae Soulbind Tree
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Night Fae.
At the end of this path, you will have gained more survivability from Waking Dreams. In addition to this, you gain damage from Dream Delver as well as Haste every time you cast Soul Rot from Field of Blossoms..
Best Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
- Ashen Remains makes Chaos Bolt and Incinerate do more damage to targets with Immolate on them. As Chaos Bolt is essential to land kills, this Conduit is very good.
- Soul Eater makes Soul Rot deal more damage and splash with a larger radius. This Conduit makes Soul Rot a massive threat, in addition to the Haste granted from Field of Blossoms.
- Combusting Engine is the third Potency Conduit. This makes Conflagrate increase the damage of Immolate until it is expired or refreshed. This is a minor increase to your overall damage output.
Best Endurance Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
- Resolute Barrier makes it so that large attacks against you reduce the cooldown of Unending Resolve. This can only happen once every 22 seconds at Rank 9.
- Condensed Anima Sphere causes you to heal for a portion of your Max Health when you take damage, occurring only once every 10 seconds.
Best Finesse Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
- Shade of Terror makes your Fear withstand more damage before breaking. This is crucial, as you can cast Conflagrate targets even if they are Feared and not worry about it breaking.
- Demonic Momentum makes it so your movement speed is increased after using Demonic Circle: Teleport. This is an important Conduit that will make it easier to kite away from enemies.
Best Legendaries for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Destruction Warlock.
- Cinders of the Azj'Aqir is the best legendary you can get. This makes it so you can use Conflagrate much more often, increasing your damage output.
- Madness of the Azj'Aqir is a good legendary for increasing your damage output. This makes it so Chaos Bolt increases the damage of Chaos Bolt and reduces the cast time of it. This is a good legendary to use when you can cast often in an arena match.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Page added.
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)