DestructionWarlock PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Destruction Warlock in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Warlocks.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here is the best Covenant for Destruction Warlock.
- Necrolord is the best Covenant. This Covenant allows you to wear the Legendary Shard of Annihilation which makes your Incinerate ability deal significantly more damage. Additionally, you gain the defensive absorb ability Fleshcraft.
Best Soulbinds for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc.
Necrolord Soulbind Tree
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Necrolord.
At the end of this tree you will have gained defensively from Ooz's Frictionless Coating as well as increasing the effectiveness of Fleshcraft from Ultimate Form. This helps you to cover the defensive weaknesses of a Destruction Warlock and give you more time to set up a kill.
Best Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
- Ashen Remains makes Chaos Bolt and Incinerate do more damage to targets with Immolate on them. As Chaos Bolt is essential to land kills, this Conduit is very good.
- Fatal Decimation makes Decimating Bolt deal more damage. This Conduit makes Decimating Bolt deal meaningful damage, in addition to the bonus damage to Incinerate granted from Shard of Annihilation
- Combusting Engine is the third Potency Conduit. This makes Conflagrate increase the damage of Immolate until it is expired or refreshed. This is a minor increase to your overall damage output.
Best Endurance Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
- Resolute Barrier makes it so that large attacks against you reduce the cooldown of Unending Resolve. This can only happen once every 22 seconds at Rank 9.
- Condensed Anima Sphere causes you to heal for a portion of your Max Health when you take damage, occurring only once every 10 seconds.
Best Finesse Conduits for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
- Shade of Terror makes your Fear withstand more damage before breaking. This is crucial, as you can cast Conflagrate targets even if they are Feared and not worry about it breaking.
- Demonic Momentum makes it so your movement speed is increased after using Demonic Circle: Teleport. This is an important Conduit that will make it easier to kite away from enemies.
Best Legendaries for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Destruction Warlock.
- Cinders of the Azj'Aqir is the best overall Legendary you can get if you are not Necrolord. This makes it so you can use Conflagrate much more often, increasing your damage output. This is the best Legendary to pair with Shard of Annihilation
- Madness of the Azj'Aqir is a good Legendary for increasing your damage output. This makes it so Chaos Bolt increases the damage of Chaos Bolt and reduces the cast time of it. This is a good Legendary to use when you can cast often in an arena match.
- Shard of Annihilation is the best Necrolord Legendary to take. This increases your Incinerate ability to become a second nuke aside from Chaos Bolt. This increases your damage output during your burst rotation.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.5.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Page added.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes