Dracthyr Race Guide for World of Warcraft: Dragonflight: Availability, Racials, Mounts, Starting Zone, Available Classes
Dracthyr are a new playable race in the Dragonflight expansion. The following guide provides all the necessary information we currently know about them, including racial abilities and mounts, starting zone, available classes, and more.
How to Unlock the Dracthyr
You can learn more about Evokers in our dedicated guide linked below.
Dracthyr Evokers start at Level 58 and you will be at Level 60 when you complete the starting zone.
Dracthyr Starting Area
Dracthyr Evokers start in the Forbidden Reach. We will be visiting the zone later in Dragonflight.
The Forbidden Reach, once the secret training grounds of the Black Dragonflight has descended into a broken and deserted landscape, lost to the ravages of time. Those few dragons who remember the island know that it is taboo to visit, a place where something dreadful fell. Those who braved the shores found little of consequence in this cauldron-like caldera apart from a shattered landscape and nature-claimed ruins half buried by magma.
Deep beneath the surface, vast underground chambers contain armies of dracthyr, resting in magical stasis for thousands of years. The dracthyr are waking up from their slumber as an ancient, magical surge ripples through the Forbidden Reach.
Below is a complete list of racial abilities Dracthyr players will have access to in the new expansion:
- Chosen Identity — Activate to automatically assume your Visage when you leave combat or after Soaring.
- Glide — Reduces your falling speed. You can activate this ability with the jump key while falling. (Instant, 1 second cooldown)
- Soar — Muster your strength and launch into the air. Cooldown begins when you land. (1.5 second cast, 3 minute cooldown)
- Principles of Soaring (Passive) — While Soaring through the air, pointing yourself toward any given direction sends you into that direction. Pointing yourself downward grants more momentum. Evening out can transfer that momentum forward. Pointing yourself upward slows you down. When at your slowest, you will start to fall slowly toward the ground, forward and down. You also gain access to Surge Forward and Skyward Ascent.
- Skyward Ascent — Flap upward, gaining height at the cost of some momentum. (Instant, Max 1 Charge)
- Surge Forward — Flap forward a short distance, gaining speed. (Instant, Max 2 Charges)
- Tail Swipe — Lash out with your tail, knocking enemies within 8 yards into the air. (Instant, 1.5 minute cooldown)
- Visage — Switch between your Dracthyr and Visage forms. Your Visage emanates magic, significantly increasing out-of-combat health regeneration for your party. (Instant)
- Wing Buffet — With a powerful flap of your wings, knock away enemies in front of you. (Instant, 1.5 minute cooldown)
- Awakened (Passive) — Increases Mastery by 1.8%.
- Discerning Eye (Passive) — Increases your Perception by 2%. Perception increases your ability to spot rare reagents while gathering.
- Familiar Skies — Soar's cooldown is reduced by 1 minute on continents that you have fully explored.
The Dracthyr racial mounts are the Vorquin. They can be purchased from Treysh in the Forbidden Reach during the second chapter of the intro. If you forget to buy them, do not worry. You will find Tethalash in Valdrakken who sells them at 26, 34.
You will receive one rare mount from a quest free of charge.
- Bronze Vorquin (Rare mount) costs 40 ;
- Crimson Vorquin (Rare mount) costs 40 ;
- Obsidian Vorquin (Rare mount) costs 40 ;
- Sapphire Vorquin (Rare mount) costs 40 ;
- Armored Vorquin Leystrider (Epic mount) costs 80 ;
- Majestic Armored Vorquin (Epic mount) costs 80 ;
- Swift Armored Vorquin (Epic mount) costs 80 .
How Transmog Works for the Dracthyr Race in Dragonflight
Dracthyr have two forms: a Visage Form and a Dragon Form. Transmog is different between them.
While in Visage Form, transmog works the standard way and all armor slots are visible.
Transmog in Dragon Form is more complex. You pick some armor for your Dragon Form when you create your character or at the Barber Shop later. Only Shoulders, Tabards and Belt appearances will carry over from your Visage Form's transmog and be visible in Dragon Form.
You also cannot choose any belt; it must have a three-dimensional buckle and old belts will not work. If you transmogged some shoulders, but would like to have the Barber Shop option visible instead, you must first remove the shoulder transmog.
- 05 Nov. 2022: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)