Dragonflight Primal Storms Guide (10.0.5)
The following guide covers Primal Storms, outdoor events available in Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1 that offer gear.
Primal Storms are outdoor events that will randomly pop up in the Dragon Isles when Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1 begins. In a way, Primal Storms resemble the Pre-Patch event of the same name and offer a convenient way of gearing up your character without having to participate in group content.
Primal Storm Locations in Dragonflight
How Often Are Primal Storms Up?
Primal Storms are on a 3-hour rotation. They last for 2 hours and have a 1-hour downtime.
What Are the Primal Storm Objectives?
Elementally Imbued creatures will drop Elemental Overflow, which you can exchange for Rare quality (Item Level 359) gear in Valdrakken. You can farm an unlimited amount of Elemental Overflow per week.
Storm Sigils are exchanged for Epic quality (Item Level 385) gear in Valdrakken. You can receive a total of 8 Storm Sigils per week. Each quest gives you two sigils. The quest items that grant sigils are:
You can only get 8 Storm Sigils per week.
Raging Tempest Gear in Dragonflight
Raging Tempest gear can be purchased from Mythressa in Valdrakken (exact coordinates: 38.1 37.6) in exchange for Elemental Overflow. Raging Tempest gear has Item Level 359 and the exact costs depend on the item slot.
Raging Tempest Gear Costs
- Helm, Chest, and Legs cost 500 Elemental Overflow.
- Shoulders, Gloves, and Feet cost 350 Elemental Overflow.
- Cloaks, Bracers, and Belt cost 200 Elemental Overflow.
- One-Hand weapons cost 400-500 Elemental Overflow and Off-Hand items 300 Elemental Overflow.
- Two-Hand weapons cost 800 Elemental Overflow.
Raging Tempest Set Bonuses
Wearing 2, 4, and 6 pieces of Raging Tempest gear will activate the following set bonuses.
- 2-Piece Set Bonus: Increase your highest secondary stat by 226.
- 4-Piece Set Bonus: When you kill an enemy that yields experience or honor, gain a Spark of the Primals. Once you reach 5 stacks, your next single target offensive ability will launch a devastating elemental attack.
- 6-Piece Set Bonus: Fatal damage causes primal energy to overload, granting immunity to all damage and harmful effects for 8 seconds. Can only be used outdoors in the Dragon Isles.
Primal Storm Rewards Sold By Mythressa
In addition to Raging Tempest gear, Mythressa sells two battle pets and a mount.
- Ghostflame — Costs 1,000 Elemental Overflow.
- Stormie — Costs 1,000 Elemental Overflow.
- Stormhide Salamanther — Costs 2,000 Elemental Overflow.
Primal-Infused Gear in Dragonflight
As of Patch 10.0.5, Rethelshi no longer sells any items and Raging Tempest gear is upgraded to Primal-Infused gear (Item Level 385) with Valor and Storm Sigils by talking to Corxian at 45.43 38.54 in Valdrakken (Gladiator's Refugee).
Primal-Infused Gear Upgrade Costs
- Helm, Chest, and Legs cost 10 Storm Sigils and a corresponding Raging Tempest gear piece.
- Shoulders, Gloves, and Feet cost 7 Storm Sigils and a corresponding Raging Tempest gear piece.
- Cloaks, Bracers, and Belt cost 5 Storm Sigils and a corresponding Raging Tempest gear piece.
- One-Hand weapons cost 7-9 Storm Sigils and Off-Hand items 5 Storm Sigils.
- Two-Hand weapons cost 14 Storm Sigils and a corresponding Raging Tempest gear piece.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Item upgrade changes in Patch 10.0.5.
- 16 Dec. 2022: Updated some inconsistencies.
- 15 Dec. 2022: Updated the number of Storm Sigils you can obtain per week.
- 08 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1.
- 17 Nov. 2022: Added asset for the Water invasion and fixed invasion duration.
- 16 Nov. 2022: Tirisfal Glades Invasions are disabled.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Primeval Essences are account-wide.
- 13 Nov. 2022: Updated for November 15.
- 10 Nov. 2022: Updated the cost of Trinkets.
- 22 Oct. 2022: Guide added.
- Plaguefall Dungeon Temporarily Disabled
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 Hotfixes: January 25th
- Patch 10.0.5 Known Issues List: January 25th
- A First Look at Patch 10.0.7 and Its Features
- War Mode and Primal Storms Gear Upgrade Changes in Patch 10.0.5
- How to Earn Revival Catalyst Charges in Dragonflight
- Upcoming High Mythic+ Rating Adjustments: January 31st
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 Content Update Notes: January 24th