World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Pre-Patch Guide (10.0.0)
Welcome to our overview of the Dragonflight pre-expansion patch. Here, you will find an overview of features that will release before the new expansion launches.
- 1. When Will the Dragonflight Pre-Patch Go Live?
- 2. What is Coming in Dragonflight Pre-Patch Phase 1?
- 3. Talent System Revamp
- 4. Dragonflight Pre-Patch Class Changes
- 5. New Heads-Up Display (HUD) and User Interface (UI) Revamp
- 6. Eternity's End Tier Sets Become Legacy Gear
- 7. Fated Shadowlands Raids and Group Loot
- 8. New Race and Class Combinations
- 9. Rated Solo Shuffle
- 10. What is Coming in Dragonflight Pre-Patch Phase 2?
- 11. Playable Dracthyr Evokers and the Forbidden Reach Starting Zone
- 12. Primal Storms (Dragonflight Pre-Expansion Event)
- 13. Normal Difficulty Uldaman, Legacy of Tyr Dungeon
- 14. What is Not Coming in the Dragonflight Pre-Patch?
- 15. Minor Changes in the Dragonflight Pre-Patch
When Will the Dragonflight Pre-Patch Go Live?
The Dragonflight pre-expansion patch will release in two phases. The first phase will go live October 25, 2022, in the US region and October 26, 2022, in Europe. Phase 2 will hit live servers later on November 15 and November 16, 2022, respectively.
What is Coming in Dragonflight Pre-Patch Phase 1?
Starting October 25, all classes will gain access to the reworked talent trees and the new User Interface. Tier Sets will be deactivated when the update goes live, and more.
- New Talent System — Explore the brand new class and specialization trees and create your own talent builds!
- Class Changes — All classes received major updates in addition to the new talent trees.
- User Interface Updates — The User Interface has been vastly improved allowing you to customize many elements with the new Edit Mode.
- Eternity's End Class Tier Sets Now Legacy Gear — Patch 9.2 Tier Sets will become Legacy Gear and the set bonuses will no longer work.
- Fated Raids and Group Loot — All 3 Shadowlands raids will be permanently Fated until Dragonflight launches with Group Loot replacing Personal Loot as the only loot option in raids.
- New Race and Class Combinations — Rogues, Priests, and Mages will be available to all races to create and play.
- Rated Solo Shuffle — A rated version of the Shadowlands Solo Shuffle Brawl is coming!
Talent System Revamp
The Dragonflight pre-expansion patch brings major updates to all World of Warcraft classes, centered around the re-introduction of talent trees. The new talent system provides meaningful talent options at every level.
If you are interested to learn more about the revamped talent system, we recommend you to visit our dedicated guide linked below.
Dragonflight Pre-Patch Class Changes
Many abilities that were previously baseline have been moved into the new Class and Specialization Trees. Borrowed Powers from Shadowlands have been baked into core class kits. Find out more about the individual class changes in our overview.
New Heads-Up Display (HUD) and User Interface (UI) Revamp
The in-game User Interface underwent the biggest changes since World of Warcraft launched. With new Accessibility Options and Edit Mode, it is now more powerful than ever.
We go over the new Accessibility Options and all the elements you can customize in our separate guide.
Eternity's End Tier Sets Become Legacy Gear
Patch 9.2 Tier Sets will become Legacy Gear in the pre-expansion update and the set bonuses will become permanently deactivated in combat. However, you will still be able to create set pieces via Creation Catalyst.
You will find more information about Tier Sets in the Dragonflight pre-patch and the Creation Catalyst on separate pages.
Fated Shadowlands Raids and Group Loot
All Shadowlands raids will use Group Loot as the default loot distribution option going forward.
New Race and Class Combinations
Mages, Priests, and Rogues are now available to all races, allowing for up to 8 new race/class combinations.
Find out more about all the new combinations you can create!
Rated Solo Shuffle
Ranked Solo Shuffle Brawl has been implemented. The mode now gives credit toward Great Vault progress, Vicious Mounts, and Conquest, letting players earn or lose rating. Rated Solo Shuffle supports Cross-Faction Play.
What is Coming in Dragonflight Pre-Patch Phase 2?
Starting November 15th, players who pre-ordered Dragonflight will be able to play Dracthyr Evokers. Primal Storms, the pre-expansion event will, also be available until Dragonflight launches. Finally, you will be able to queue for the Uldaman, Legacy of Tyr Dungeon on Normal Difficulty. New content includes the following:
- New Hero Class: Dracthyr Evoker — Players who pre-purchased Dragonflight will gain early access to Dracthyr Evokers and the Forbidden Reach starting zone.
- Primal Storms — The Dragonflight pre-patch event revolves around vanquishing elementals in storms that have erupted across Azeroth. It rewards Item Level 252 gear for alts, a toy, and an Heirloom Trinket.
- New Dungeon: Uldaman — Players can enter the Normal version of the Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr Dungeon during the pre-patch event.
Playable Dracthyr Evokers and the Forbidden Reach Starting Zone
Starting November 15th, 2022, Dracthyr Evokers will become available for play if you pre-ordered the Dragonflight expansion. The new Hero class begins their adventures at Level 58 in the Forbidden Reach. Creating your first dracthyr has no restrictions other than it requires Dragonflight and you can only have one dracthyr per realm.
We have prepared a standalone class overview for Evokers.
Primal Storms (Dragonflight Pre-Expansion Event)
Azeroth will be periodically attack by Primalist forces starting November 15. The event revolves around killing elemental bosses for Item Level 252 gear, Bag of Furious Winds Toy, and Unstable Elemental Confluence (Heirloom Trinket).
Normal Difficulty Uldaman, Legacy of Tyr Dungeon
During the pre-expansion event, you can queue up for Uldaman, Legacy of Tyr. The dungeon will be available on Normal Difficulty until Dragonflight hits live servers.
What is Not Coming in the Dragonflight Pre-Patch?
In the Dragonflight pre-patch, you will not get access to the new content which includes The Dragon Isles, Dragonriding, Professions, Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1, Dragonflight PvP Season 1, the new dungeons (except for Normal Uldaman), Vault of the Incarnates, Renown, and the new Level Cap.
Minor Changes in the Dragonflight Pre-Patch
The following section contains small changes and various quality-of-life improvements going live with the pre-patch.
- All Barber Shop services are now free of cost.
- Seed of Renewed Souls has been added. The toy transforms you into your Soulshape on a five-minute cooldown. You can buy it from Lady Muun in Ardenweald (Heart of the Forest).
- The character limit per account has been raised to 60.
- Resurrection Sickness now lasts for 1 minute (down from 10), but has increased Durability Loss.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Section with minor changes added.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated with class changes.
- 22 Oct. 2022: Guide added.
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023
- New Returning Items Tab for Trading Post Items in Patch 10.2.5
- Will Sylvanas Return in Patch 10.2.5?
- Night Elf Paladin NPC Spotted in Patch 10.2.5
- New Trading Post Mount in Patch 10.2.5 - Savage Blue Battle Turtle