World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 Content Overview (10.0.5)
Welcome to our Patch 10.0.5 content overview, dedicated to all the features coming in the first Dragonflight update.
When Will Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 Be Released?
Patch 10.0.5 will release on January 24, 2023, in the US region and on January 25, 2023, in Europe.
What is Coming in Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5?
Here is an overview of the content coming in the Patch 10.0.5 update.
- New Feature: Trading Post — Complete monthly activities to earn currency toward unlocking various cosmetic transmogs, battle pets, and mounts, with new items and activities, added every month.
- New Feature: Revival Catalyst — Convert Season 1 non-set items into Tier Set pieces.
- New Event: The Storm's Fury — A new event taking place in the Primalist Tomorrow. For participating, you will receive Essence of the Storm, which can be turned in for rewards.
- Class Changes — Many classes have received class and talent updates.
- New Feature: Mage Tower — The Mage Tower has returned after extended maintenance!
- New Feature: White and Gray Item Transmog — White and Gray-quality items can be used for transmogrification, allowing you to wear Holiday items all year round!
- Trial of Style Updates — Transmogrifier vendors now offer more cosmetics, and the event includes new themes.
- Solo Shuffle Updates — Harsher penalties have been implemented for leavers.
- Profession Updates — All professions had their requirements to unlock specializations reduced, Warlords of Draenor crafted item appearances have returned, and more.
- User Interface and Accessibility Updates — Edit Mode has been updated with XP bars, bags, micro button bar, and equipment durability. You can copy someone's build when inspecting their talents, Dragonriding received new Accessibility Options to reduce motion sickness.
Stormwind and Orgrimmar have been updated with Trading Posts. The traders offer various cosmetics, pets, and mounts in exchange for Trader's Tender, a currency gained by logging in to the game and completing various activities every month.
If you are interested in learning more about the Trading Post, we recommend visiting our dedicated guide below.
The Revival Catalyst allows players to convert Season 1 non-set items into Tier Set pieces.
The Storm's Fury Event
A new Primal Storm event — The Storm's Fury — takes place every 5 hours in the Primalist Tomorrow. The goal is to defeat powerful Elites and gain Essence of the Storm, a new currency, which can be exchanged for gear, cosmetics, the Skyskin Hornstrider mount, or the Time-Lost Vorquin Foal pet. Head over to the Temporal Conflux portal in Thaldraszus to get started.
You will find more information about the Storm's Fury Event in our guide.
Patch 10.0.5 Class Changes
Many classes received adjustments and even new talents. You will find them linked below in our class changes overview.
The Mage Tower
The Mage Tower has returned in Patch 10.0.5.
In our Mage Tower Guide, you will learn how to enter the Mage Tower and the rewards you can unlock.
You will find more information about the Mage Tower challenges by visiting our dedicated spec guides below.
- "Closing the Eye" for Arms Warrior, Frost Death Knight, Havoc Demon Hunter, Survival Hunter, and Subtlety Rogue.
- "An Impossible Foe" for Elemental Shaman, Feral Druid, Fire Mage, Fury Warrior, Outlaw Rogue, and Unholy Death Knight.
- "The God-Queen's Fury" for Arcane Mage, Assassination Rogue, Demonology Warlock, Enhancement Shaman, and Retribution Paladin.
- "Feltotem's Fall" for Beast Mastery Hunter, Destruction Warlock, Discipline Priest, and Windwalker Monk.
- "The Highlord's Return" for Blood Death Knight, Brewmaster Monk, Guardian Druid, Protection Paladin, Protection Warrior, and Vengeance Demon Hunter.
- "End of the Risen Threat" for Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Mistweaver Monk, Restoration Druid, and Restoration Shaman.
- "Thwarting the Twins" for Affliction Warlock, Balance Druid, Frost Mage, Marksmanship Hunter, and Shadow Priest.
White and Gray Item Transmog
Common (white) and Poor (grey) quality equipment can be used for transmogrification in Patch 10.0.5. These items will become bind-on-equip when transmogrified.
Trial of Style Updates
You can grab new weapons from Trial of Style in Patch 10.0.5. Each weapon costs 50 Trial of Style Tokens. You can earn them by participating in the Trial of Style event when it is available. The weapons sold by Transmogrifiers are:
- Deathmantle Ripper (Dagger);
- Focalized Mana Accelerator (Gun);
- Anointed Crusader's Claymore (Two-Hand Sword);
- Jade Arcus (Polearm);
- Zealot's Prayer Staff (Staff);
- Anetheron's Edge (One-Hand Sword).
You can also buy Boots and Belts for older Tier Sets that were previously unavailable for 15 Trial of Style Token each.
Solo Shuffle Updates
Several changes have been made to improve how the system handles players who leave matches:
- Rating will be calculated per-round in games with leavers.
- Matchmaking Value for each player in a match will be displayed on the scoreboard.
- A warning prompt will display the penalties for leaving if a player attempts to leave a match.
- Players who leave excessively will be subject to account review and suspensions, as abandoning matches repeatedly is a violation of the terms of service via exploiting functionality to the detriment of the game environment and the intended player experience.
The latest update contains several Profession improvements.
- Warlords of Draenor crafted item appearances have returned. You can buy the recipes for Optional Reagents for each relevant profession from the vendors in your Garrison or in Ashran that cost Secrets of Profession tomes that are the old daily cooldown craft. Use the Optional Reagents when crafting Warlords of Draenor crafted gear to convert them into a new appearance.
- Portals from Overload Titan-Touched nodes should more consistently take you to a new location.
- All professions have had the requirements to unlock specializations reduced. Professions with 3 specialization trees have reduced their final unlock from profession level 100 to 75. All professions with 4 specialization trees have had their final two unlocks reduced from profession level 75/100 to levels 60/75.
- Track recipe checkbox is available for recrafting.
- Enchanting items will display an Enchantment prefix text in the Crafted Items window.
- Crafting Orders can be rejected by right-clicking on it under Personal Orders tab.
- Overloading cooldown is no longer modified by gathering Mining or Herb nodes.
- Mastering the Elements unlock point now restores Overload cooldown reduction functionality.
- Profession requirements for many transmog-eligible items have been adjusted or removed entirely.
- Legacy Leatherworking patterns for Heavy Scorpid gear that were lost to the Cataclysm now has a chance to drop from Blackrock Orcs in the Burning Steppes.
- Pattern: Raptor Hide Harness and Pattern: Raptor Hide Belt can now both be learned by players of either faction.
- The legacy recipe for delicious Goldthorn Tea once again drops in Razorfen Downs.
User Interface and Accessibility Updates
Blizzard continues to improve the User Interface by adding new features and Accessibility options.
- You can now move XP Bars, Bags, the Micro Button Bar, and Equipment Durability in Edit Mode.
- The Reset Talents button lets you reset one tree at a time.
- History nodes have a more visually distinct outline.
- You can copy talent builds with a single button when inspecting others.
- Tools to assist with Motion Sickness while Dragonriding have been added.
- Tools to assist those sensitive to Dragonriding's visual effects have been added.
- The icons for Find Fish, Find Minerals, and Find Herbs have been updated on the minimap filter list.
- Major Factions map icons are slightly reduced in size to improve map visibility.
- The Great Vault uses new Dragonflight-specific art.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Guide updated with Revival Catalyst.
- 16 Jan. 2023: Guide added.
- Crossover Event Treasure Goblin Fun + Gold Drops
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, May 26th
- Warlocks in 10.1.5, Fractures in Time: Demonology Reparations
- Character Select Updated with New Drag and Drop Function in Patch 10.1.5
- Blizzard Working on Dragonriding in Old Zones, But It's Not Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- A List of the Easiest 300 Mounts to Get in WoW
- Blues News: Week of May 26th
- Epic Purple Shirt for Prime Gaming Subscribers