The Forbidden Reach Zone Guide for Dragonflight (10.1)
Welcome to our comprehensive guide to the Forbidden Reach zone in Patch 10.0.7. Here, you will find a list of activities you can complete in the max-level zone and the rewards they offer.
How to Unlock the Forbidden Reach?
When you log into the game for the very first time after Patch 10.0.7 goes live, you will auto-accept the Forbidden Reach intro quest called Forbidden Legacies. Seek out Kazra at the Seat of Aspects in Valdrakken and hear her report. Accept the Return to the Reach quest and talk to the Flight Master in Valdrakken to fly to the Forbidden Reach.
Why is the Forbidden Reach Important?
It contains Zskera Vaults, an outdoor feature and source of the Onyx Annulet.
You can collect 8 new Dragonriding Glyphs to unlock 2 Dragonriding Perks here. New Dragonriding Racing tracks are available too.
It will be easy to catch up on gear with Item Level 385 Bind-to-Account catch-up gear, which you can upgrade with Untapped Forbidden Knowledge to Item Level 395.
A new Primal Storm type has been added to the zone, which rewards Elemental Overflow.
The Forbidden Reach also contains new Rare Elites, treasure chests, Pet Battles, and various events for you to complete!
The vault is a randomized treasure room and contains puzzles, monsters, and mysteries. Each vault is unique to your character and available to complete until the next weekly reset. You must run it at least once for the Onyx Annulet ring. For more information, visit our Zskera Vaults guide.
The Onyx Annulet
Onyx Annulet is a new Best-in-Slot ring from Zskera Vaults in Patch 10.0.7. We have a dedicated guide available for it, linked below.
Your main hub for Patch 10.0.7 is Morqut Village. In the following section of the guide, we will show you some of the important vendors you will find here.
Near Ham'urit you can remove Primordial Gems from your Onyx Annulet or break them down.
Whenever you need to upgrade anything, seek out Researcher Baneflare.
Mythressa can be found here selling Primal Storm Gear for Elemental Overflow, which can be upgraded to Item Level 395 (Rank 3) in Patch 10.0.7.
Everyone can now gain reputation with the Dracthyr faction, and Quartermaster Treysh sells the following items in addition to the Dracthyr racial mounts:
- Emboldened Dracthyr's Tabard for 10 Gold.
- Maruuk Maul for 5,000 Elemental Overflow.
- Morqut Club for 5,000 Elemental Overflow.
- Dragonscale Expeditioner's Rifle for 5,000 Elemental Overflow.
- Journal of the Forbidden Reach for 5,000 Elemental Overflow.
- Valdrakken Pocketknife for 5,000 Elemental Overflow.
- Valdrakken Talons for 5,000 Elemental Overflow.
- Obsidian Vorquin costs 40 Gold.
- Sapphire Vorquin costs 40 Gold.
- Crimson Vorquin costs 40 Gold.
- Bronze Vorquin costs 40 Gold.
- Guardian Vorquin costs 80 Gold.
- Armored Vorquin Leystrider costs 80 Gold.
- Majestic Armored Vorquin costs 80 Gold.
- Swift Armored Vorquin costs 80 Gold.
Faction Envoy System
Faction Envoys unlock when you complete Wings of Mercy.
The Faction Envoy system lets you pick up one of the four Major Factions to help each day to earn a 10% reputation increase for that faction. Envoys will occasionally offer quests for extra reputation and Elemental Overflow to spend at the Envoy traders for new rewards, such as new Dragonriding Customization, the Time-Lost Timbertooth battle pet, and the Noble Bruffalon mount.
As highlighted in the screenshot above, every major faction has its Envoy. Envoys also sell bags with reputation, which are helpful if you need to catch up on Renown. The bags can also contain Zskera Vault Keys. Envoys should offer 4 Dragonriding customization options, according to the Patch 10.0.7 notes. However, one of the vendors (Kraxxus) only sells 2 now.
- Cataloger Daela (Dragonscale Expedition Envoy) sells Reliquary Scroll of Perception and Sack of Oddities for 2,000 Elemental Overflow and Dragonscale Surplus Crate for 1 Draconic Artifact.
- Kraxxus (Valdrakken Accord Envoy) sells Highland Drake: Taperered Nose and Windborne Velocidrake: Exposed Finned Neck for 2,500 Elemental Overflow. You can also buy Azure Scrying Crystal for 2,000 Dragon Isles Supplies and 1 Valdrakken Surplus Chest with 1 Mysterious Writings.
- Storykeeper Ashekh (Maruuk Centaur Envoy) offers Maruuk Surplus Bundle for 1 Token of Blessing, the Noble Bruffalon mount for 100K Elemental Overflow and Essence of Divination for 2,000 Elemental Overflow.
- Turik (Iskaara Tuskarr Envoy) sells Iskaara Surplus Bag for 1 Wondrous Fish, the Time-Lost Timbertooth pet for 25K Elemental Overflow and Morqut Hearth Totem for 2,000 Elemental Overflow.
To select your Envoy for the day, click on the missive on the table in Morqut Village.
Forbidden Reach Daily and World Quests
Daily and World quests in the zone will increase your reputation standing with the Obsidian Warders (Alliance) or Dark Talons (Horde), in addition to Elemental Overflow.
- Daily Quests in Forbidden Reach reward 450 Elemental Overflow for completion.
- World Quests will give you 100 Elemental Overflow each.
Forbidden Reach Catch-Up BoA Tokens
Almost all activities in the Forbidden Reach have a chance to drop Bind-to-Account Primalist gear tokens that you can send to alts.
The gear tokens are used to create Item Level 385 and are available for all slots.
- Helm Slot: Primalist Cloth Helm, Primalist Leather Helm, Primalist Mail Helm, Primalist Plate Helm.
- Neck Slot: Primalist Necklace.
- Shoulder Slot: Primalist Cloth Spaulders, Primalist Leather Spaulders, Primalist Mail Spaulders, Primalist Plate Spaulders.
- Back Slot: Primalist Cloak.
- Chest Slot: Primalist Cloth Chestpiece, Primalist Leather Chestpiece, Primalist Mail Chestpiece, Primalist Plate Chestpiece.
- Wrists Slot: Primalist Cloth Bracers, Primalist Leather Bracers, Primalist Mail Bracers, Primalist Plate Bracers.
- Hands Slot: Primalist Cloth Gloves, Primalist Leather Gloves, Primalist Mail Gloves, Primalist Plate Gloves.
- Legs Slot: Primalist Cloth Leggings, Primalist Leather Leggings, Primalist Mail Leggings, Primalist Plate Leggings.
- Feet Slot: Primalist Cloth Boots, Primalist Leather Boots, Primalist Mail Boots, Primalist Plate Boots.
- Ring Slot: Primalist Ring.
- Trinket Slot: Primalist Trinket.
- Weapon/Off-Hand Slot: Primalist Weapon.
Primalist gear can be upgraded to Item Level 395 with Untapped Forbidden Knowledge at Researcher Baneflare in Morqut Village. The item drops from random activities in the zone.
New Froststone Vault Primal Storm Event
The impact of Raszageth's escape is still keenly felt near her prison, and Primal Storms consisting of the varying elements, continue to besiege the area outside her prison. Completing these storm events rewards adventurers with upgraded Primal Storm gear. You will also get plenty of Elemental Overflow as you engage with the Forbidden Reach's mysteries and creatures. Elemental Overflow can be exchanged for equipment in Morqut Village or Mythressa in Valdrakken.
Froststone Vault Primal Storms will be marked with a skull icon on the Forbidden Reach map. They consist of two phases.
During Phase 1, you must defeat 5 Elite NPCs before the boss in the center becomes attackable. Phase 2 removes the boss shield and lets you kill it.
Froststone Vault Primal Storms reward Condensed items that generate a random Primordial Stone ( Condensed Earth Magic, Condensed Fire Magic, Condensed Frost Magic and Condensed Nature Magic), important for Onyx Annulet.
Additionally, you will also receive Elemental Overflow and progress toward the Gooey Snailemental mount in the form of Leftover Elemental Slime.
Forbidden Reach Rares
In the Forbidden Reach, you will find 16 standard rares as well as special Profession Rares that require a new type of item called curios to summon.
Rares have a chance to drop Primalist gear tokens, Zskera Vault Keys, Elemental Overflow, and Untapped Forbidden Knowledge.
We recommend you to download Tama's Forbidden Reach Helper to keep track of all Rare spawn timers and locations.
Whenever a Rare spawns, you will see an icon on the map. Below is a map with locations of all the standard rares.
If you are using TomTom, you can create a macro with the following coordinates for all 16 rares.
/way 2151 28.38 37.72 Gahz'raxes /way 2151 36.63 11.98 Ookbeard /way 2151 40.99 14.36 Ishyra /way 2151 47.79 20.40 Reisa the Drowned /way 2151 32.81 29.21 Duzalgor /way 2151 61.72 33.76 Wyrmslayer Angvardi /way 2151 67.92 45.35 Mad-Eye Carrey /way 2151 78.09 50.30 Volcanakk /way 2151 72.81 67.23 Veltrax /way 2151 58.15 48.12 Vraken the Hunter /way 2151 34.79 57.77 Lady Shaz'ra /way 2151 43.50 60.79 Bonesifter Marwak /way 2151 51.68 72.67 Pyrachniss /way 2151 44.55 79.21 Galakhad /way 2151 45.87 79.50 Warden Entrix /way 2151 44.03 90.40 Grugoth the Hullcrusher
Treasure chests surrounded by Elite NPCs will pop up on the map every 30 minutes. They are guaranteed to drop Zskera Vault Keys and have a chance to drop Untapped Forbidden Knowledge, catch-up gear tokens, and Elemental Overflow.
Trial of the Storms
Trial of the Storms can be completed weekly for loot. Once you complete the event, you can open the locked Storm-Bound Chest. We will add more details about the drops soon.
The Forbidden Reach Meta-Achievement
You Know How to Reach Me is the Forbidden Reach meta-achievement. Upon completion, you will be granted The Forbidden title. For the achievement, you must complete the following 11 achievements:
- Explore the Forbidden Reach — Explore the post-storm Forbidden Reach, revealing the covered areas of the world map.
- Hoarder of the Forbidden Reach — Open 100 small treasures around the post-storm Forbidden Reach.
- Forbidden Spoils — Open 10 Forbidden Hoards around the post-storm Forbidden Reach.
- Scroll Hunter — Find treasures from 50 Sealed Scroll maps in the post-storm Forbidden Reach.
- Door Buster — Unlock 150 doors within the Zskera Vaults using Zskera Vault Keys.
- While We Were Sleeping — Deliver the following items to Scalecommanders at the Forbidden Reach: Journal Entry: The Creches, Journal Entry: Relics, Journal Entry: Experiments, Journal Entry: Silence, Receiving Stone: Final Warning, Sending Stone: Protest, Sending Stone: Initial Report, Sending Stone: The Prisoner.
- Treasures of the Forbidden Reach — Discover the hidden treasures within the post-storm Forbidden Reach.
- Champion of the Forbidden Reach — Complete all special encounters in the post-storm Forbidden Reach.
- Librarian of the Reach — Collect each of the following books in the post-storm Forbidden Reach: The Burden of Lapisagos, A Song of the Depths, Lost Expedition Notes, Living Book, The Old Gods and the Ordering of Azeroth (Annotated), A Soldier's Journal, Return of the Nightsquall, Words of the Wyrmslayer, Opera of the Aspects.
- Under the Weather — Complete a Froststone Vault Primal Storm of every element.
- Every Door, Everywhere, All At Once — Unlock every door in a single Zskera Vault within one week.
- 01 May 2023: Added missing tag.
- 27 Mar. 2023: Removed Xirev's WA.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Rare coords added.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Guide added.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 5th: Class Tuning
- Dragonflight Season 2 DPS Log Rankings for Aberrus, Week 4: the Mythic Switch
- Price Update on WoW Services & Subscription Options in Ukraine and Turkey
- Leveling Improvements Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dragonriding Cups Coming to Old Expansion Zones
- Brackenhide Hollow +24 Cleared Without a Healer
- Gamebreaking +840% Movement Speed Increase with Azerite