Frost Mage PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Frost Mage PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Frost Mage in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Mages.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay and playstyle. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Frost Mage.
- Venthyr is the best Covenant you can choose. Venthyr gains access to a new school of Shadow spells. These include Mirrors of Torment and Door of Shadows. Not only do you get another school to cast with, but also very useful CC abilities. With Nadjia the Mistblade, the Soulbind this guide recommends, you can Door of Shadows in to an enemy and disorient them into a Polymorph. Finally, at Renown 30, Familiar Predicaments gives very great value, reducing the lockouts when you are kicked or Counterspelled.
Best Soulbinds for Frost Mage in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Venthyr.
Best Conduits for Frost Mage in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Frost Mage in PvP
- Ice Bite increases the damage of Ice Lance against Frozen enemies by a percentage. This Conduit is Frost's best Conduit as it will overall increase Ice Lance's damage with Fingers of Frost as well as regular Ice Lances.
- Unrelenting Cold increases Frozen Orb's damage by a percentage. This is good for overall cleaving the enemy team down and having more pressure during your burst.
Best Endurance Conduits for Frost Mage in PvP
- Diverted Energy makes your barriers heal you for a percentage of damage absorbed. This is very good with one Legendary called Triune Ward.
- Tempest Barrier provides a shield after you Shimmer for a portion of HP.
Best Finesse Conduits for Fire Mage in PvP
- Grounding Surge allows, for when you successfully Counterspell an enemy, to receive a few seconds off that ability.
- Flow of Time reduces the cooldown of Blink, making it a little easier to kite and be able to land CC.
Best Legendaries for Frost Mage in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Frost Mage.
- Triune Ward is the best Legendary for Frost Mages. This Legendary makes it so you receive all 3 barriers from each spec at 65% effectiveness. Not only do you receive a very large barrier, but you also receive the benefits of all 3.
- Grisly Icicle is another go-to offensive Legendary if you are not being targeted. This will make your spells not break Frost Nova, so it will be easier to Shatter spells.
- Freezing Winds is another offensive Legendary choice. Making Frozen Orb give Fingers of Frost every 3 seconds, you will have more opportunity to cast instant Ice Lances for more damage during your burst.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Page added.
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)