Frost Mage PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Frost Mage in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the correct stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets to optimize your gameplay.
This page is part of our Frost Mage PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Frost Mages in PvP
The stat priority for Frost Mage in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the best secondary state. This stat will reduce your global cooldown and the cast times of important spells like Polymorph. Versatility increases the damage you deal and reduces the damage you take. This is why you should also be wearing gear with Versatility as well.
In general, Frost Mages want to get trinkets that line up well with Icy Veins. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect or Haste. You want to increase Intellect because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Haste, meanwhile, allows for quicker casts to maximize damage. For more information about Icy Veins and your rotation in PvP, please refer to our dedicated page.
Below, you will find our current BiS list.
- Head: Wayward Chronomancer's Chronocap
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Verdant Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Wristwraps
- Hands: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Infurious Binding of Gesticulation Embellishment 1
- Legs: Wayward Chronomancer's Pantaloons
- Feet: Vibrant Wildercloth Slippers with Precognition
- Ring 1: Verdant Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Signet of Titanic Insight
- Weapon: Verdant Gladiator's Staff.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is typically 1 of 2 trinkets to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and in danger of dying.
Verdant Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Critical Strike and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown. However, this does not pair well with the long cooldown of Icy Veins.
Verdant Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will attack you often.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is a strong trinket, as the stat will often proc throughout an arena match. As a Frost Mage, typically, you will want to use Insignia for the additional Haste with the Intellect procs.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Frost Mage:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Haste
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
- Legs: Frozen Spellthread
Gem all of your gear with Energized Ysemerald or Energized Malygite.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery