Frost Mage PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Frost Mage in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the correct stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets to optimize your gameplay.
This page is part of our Frost Mage PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Frost Mages in PvP
The stat priority for Frost Mage in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the best secondary state. This stat will reduce your global cooldown and the cast times of important spells like Polymorph. Versatility increases the damage you deal and reduces the damage you take. This is why you should also be wearing gear with Versatility as well.
In general, Frost Mages want to get trinkets that line up well with Ray of Frost or Icy Veins. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. For more information about Icy Veins and your rotation in PvP, please refer to our dedicated page.
Below, you will find our current BiS list.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Robe — This is likely where you make Triune Ward.
- Wrists: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Cord
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Treads
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon: Sinful Gladiator's Torch Staff
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your overall damage and reduce damage taken.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is typically 1 of 2 trinkets to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and in danger of dying. Note, if you play a Human, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown like Ray of Frost or Icy Veins.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be attacking you often.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Frost Mage:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872