Frost Mage DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Frost Mage in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.2.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Mage gear and best in slot.
Best in Slot for Frost Mage
It is difficult to define a best in slot list for Frost, as it is heavily dependent on progression level and gear available to you. You cannot simply use the lower tier gear of any given best in slot list, as stat weights will then shift and you will likely be missing certain breakpoints.
Feel free to check SimulationCraft's Frost profile for a maxed out Mythic best in slot list, but be warned that unless you have access to all of those pieces, this is not the best you, personally, can get.
Adding Sockets to Gear
The easiest way, and also the method we suggest, to compare multiple items is to use Raidbots Top Gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn, select the items to compare, and it will find out which of the items are best.
Trinket Notes for Frost Mage
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets from various sources, it is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
Single Target Trinket Simulations
AoE/Cleave with Prioritized Single Target
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands launch. Added information about Ve'nari's ability to add sockets to gear.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Spec Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands
- Fan Concept of Nightborne Customization Options
- Vicarious Visions Studio Being Merged Into Blizzard by Activision
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 22nd
- Upcoming PvP Class Tuning: January 26th
- Official Overview of All Shadowlands Mounts, Pets and Toys Part 1
- Castle Nathria Tank and Healer Log Rankings and Analysis
- 21 Billion Gold Moves Through WoW Each Day