Frost Mage DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Frost Mage in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Azerite Gear for Frost Mage
With the possibility of Titanforging items, an exact list of best items is impossible to make. That said, since Azerite gear cannot Titanforge, below are charts of relative strengths for the three Azerite slots. Some of the key Azerite Traits to look for on your gear are Dagger in the Back and Thunderous Blast. Azerite gear can drop from loads of content, like World Quests, Dungeons, Warfronts, PvP, reputations, etc, so you should try to do all possible content. Below we have listed some good items to look for based on how to obtain them and the Azerite Traits they have on them. The listed items are all pre-raid, as in, before the first raid opens. After that, most of your gear will come from the first raid (Uldir) and Mythic+.
2. Evaluating Upgrades
The easiest way, and also the method we suggest, to compare multiple items is to use Raidbots Top Gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn , select the items to compare, and it will find out which of the items are best.
3. Trinket Notes for Frost Mage
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets and Titanforged rewarded from Dungeons, World Quests, etc, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
3.1. Single Target Trinket Simulations
3.2. AoE/Cleave with Prioritized Single Target
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 03 Sep. 2018: Updated for Uldir launch and Bloodmallet charts.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Allied Races: Are Mechagnomes and Vulpera Next?
- Titan Residuum Hotfix: January 16th
- The Story of Xal'atath in Patch 8.1.5
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Highlights
- This Week in WoW: January 15th
- What's Changing (and Not!) in Season 2
- Bruce (Brawler's Guild Mount) in Patch 8.1.5
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Feral Druid 8.1
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1
- Subtlety Rogue PvP 8.1
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1
- Retribution Paladin PvP 8.1