Fury Warrior PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Fury Warrior PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Fury Warrior in PvP
For more information about what Covenants give you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities page for Warriors.
The choice of your Covenant is important when it comes to PvP. However, you may have reason to pick another Covenant than the best one for PvP. It is important to note that regardless of what choice you make, all the Covenants are at least viable up to gladiator rating. The difference in Covenant will, however, only become more apparent as you start to reach higher and higher rating.
The best Covenants for Fury Warrior are: Venthyr > Kyrian > Night Fae > Necrolord.
Venthyr is the best covenant for Fury Warrior, because Condemn gives the most pressure. Kyrian is only really good for the tether effect from Spear of Bastion, and can help you secure kills against Mage, Druid, Hunter and similar kiting classes.
How come I have fewer options compared to Arms?
As Fury Warrior, you have less burst damage and therefore benefit the most from increasing your sustained damage as much as possible. Condemn is overall the biggest increase, with Spear of Bastion and Ancient Aftershock suiting burst damage. Additionally, unlike Arms Warrior, you have fewer amplifiers. Arms Warrior naturally gain a lot more burst value out of these abilities, because of Warbreaker and Avatar.
- Kyrian provides you with Spear of Bastion. The spear tether is inescapable, even from blinking effects such as Shimmer and Transcendence: Transfer. The only way to leave the spear is through knockback, physical and magical immunities. This ability makes finishing off Monks, Druids, Mages, Hunters and other kiting classes a lot easier.
- Night Fae gives you Ancient Aftershock. This
ability has a very high attack power scaling. You generally will not make much use of the aftershocks
themselves, so use it as a burst tool and for the 1.5 knockdown. This
CC does not DR with stuns.
- Soulshape is the signature ability and is very good for chasing down targets or escaping to safety.
- Venthyr gives the very popular ability Condemn, which replaces Execute.
The catch with this ability, is that although it is shadow damage and penetrates armor, it has a lower
attack power scaling than Execute has, which causes it to deal less damage against lower armored
targets than the ability it replaces. Condemn provides powerful pressure to targets
that are immobile and durable, such as Paladins or Warlocks.
- You also get access to Door of Shadows, which is an okay ability for quickly repositioning, but is vulnerable to being interrupted. The disorient granted through Nadjia The Mistblade is reduced to 3 seconds in PvP, and is best used as a distruption tool rather than CC'ing the enemy healer.
- Necrolord grants you Conqueror's Banner. Surprisingly, this ability is actually
providing some really powerful effects, especially since it can be enhanced to provide up to 16%
increased strength this season. Where this Covenant falls off, is that it is a ground effect that can
simply be moved out of. This Covenant ability would have to become mobile to be considered competitive.
- This ability that follows with Necrolord is Fleshcraft, which is a rather powerful 20% max health shield that can be enhanced to grant CC immunity for the channeled duration plus more if fully channeled. If you are to pick Necrolord, your power would mainly come from the signature ability.
Best Soulbinds for Fury Warriors in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. Each Covenant features 3 Soulbinds that each have their own benefits and paths to follow. I recommend you take these Soulbinds and paths for each Covenant.
General Draven for Venthyr
Pelagos for Kyrian
Korayn for Night Fae
Plague Deviser Marileth for Necrolord
Best Conduits for Fury Warriors in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Fury Warriors in PvP
- Depths of Insanity provides you the most sustained damage, letting you have Recklessness for longer.
- Ashen Juggernaut gives you critical strike chance on Condemn. Only use this if you are Venthyr.
- Piercing Verdict, Destructive Reverberations and Veteran's Repute should substitute Ashen Juggernaut if you are playing non-Venthyr and use a 2nd Potency Conduit.
Best Endurance Conduits for Fury Warriors in PvP
- Stalwart Guardian reduces the cooldown of your primary defensive, Enraged Regeneration. This is a mandatory Conduit to pick, none of the others come close to this one.
Best Finesse Conduits for Fury Warriors in PvP
- Inspiring Presence increases the health granted and duration of Rallying Cry. This is a mandatory Conduit to pick, it greatly increases the survivability of your team.
- Safeguard makes Intervene reduce the damage the target takes. If you are going for a second Finesse Conduit, you should pick this to give the target of your Intervene protection against spell damage and DoTs.
Best Legendaries for Fury Warriors in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Fury Warrior.
- Misshapen Mirror let us you give Spell Reflection to the nearest ally, very similar to Overwatch. This is a good backup Legendary to have vs teams that rely on CC'ing your healer with magic. Examples are hunters with Freezing Trap or spell cleaves with Polymorph and Cyclone.
- Sephuz's Proclamation provides good defensive power and offensive power. This Legendary is an option if you are playing Orc as Hardiness stacks with it.
- Although an Arms Warrior legendary, Unhinged works with Bladestorm for Fury Warrior and is the only way for Fury Warrior to apply Mortal Wounds. The Mortal Strikes does great damage and makes your burst powerful.
- Reckless Defense can, with enough crit, provide a large increase to your damage and make Enraged Regeneration be on a very low cooldown. This will make it so you have it available every time the enemy has a chance to kill you.
- Signet of Tormented Kings is the largest damage increase you can get and is a good legendary to play with.
- 25 Jan. 2021: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)