Marksmanship Hunter PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Dragonflight / 10.0.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Marksmanship Hunter PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Marksmanship Hunter in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Hunters.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Marksmanship Hunter.
- Necrolord is generally the best Covenant for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP. Its Bag of Munitions Legendary provides exceptional burst on a 45-second cooldown that is impossible to escape, unlike Resonating Arrow.
- Kyrian is a powerful choice as well. By using Resonating Arrow's LoS-ignoring capabilities alongside high-burst combinations like Double Tap and Rapid Fire with the Surging Shots Legendary, you can set up very quick kills.
- Venthyr is a viable choice as well, focusing more on high consistent damage through free Kill Shots and the powerful Pouch of Razor Fragments Legendary Power, but Necrolord and Kyrian are typically preferred.
Best Soulbinds for Marksmanship Hunter in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc.
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Necrolord.
With this path, you pick up the two strongest Endurance Conduits Rejuvenating Wind and Resilience of the Hunter while also collecting the unique and powerful Viscous Trail.
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Kyrian.
With this path, you pick up the two strongest Endurance Conduits Rejuvenating Wind and Resilience of the Hunter while also collecting the unique and powerful Path of the Devoted. The Brutal Projectiles Conduit will support your burst damage with Rapid Fire.
Best Conduits for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP
- Enfeebled Mark makes it so enemies inside of your Resonating Arrow take increased damage. This is a very strong Potency Conduit against most classes and makes Resonating Arrow an even stronger cooldown.
- Powerful Precision buffs your Precise Shots damage bonus and is a solid, flat DPS increase.
- Brutal Projectiles is another good Potency Conduit, moreso for Kyrian than for Necrolord. Procs of this Conduit can be used alongside Rapid Fire and Double Tap for massive burst damage.
- Sharpshooter's Focus increases the duration of Trueshot, lengthening your burst window substantially.
Best Endurance Conduits for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP
- Rejuvenating Wind makes Exhilaration give you a heal over time after you use it. This is great for increasing your survivability when you need to use your defensive cooldowns.
- Resilience of the Hunter makes Feign Death reduce the damage you take. This is another crucial Conduit, as you are normally the focus target for enemy teams.
Best Finesse Conduits for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP
- Cheetah's Vigor increases the duration of Aspect of the Cheetah's secondary speed increase, and reduces its cooldown slightly. This is great for enhanced mobility and kiting.
- Tactical Retreat makes Disengage slow enemies that are near you when you use it. This is a strong Conduit that will help you kite enemies and pets that are targeting you, especially melee specs.
Best Legendaries for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Marksmanship Hunters.
- Craven Strategem is generally the best Legendary Power for 3v3. Pairing this with the Survival Tactics PvP Talent and the Resilience of the Hunter Conduit, you become exceptionally difficult to kill by enhancing your survivability, and making you slippery for the enemy to control.
- Bag of Munitions is one of the reasons we go Necrolord. It enables a massive burst of damage every 45 seconds that is difficult to get out of.
- Surging Shots is the primary reason to go Kyrian. Paired with burst-enhancers like Resonating Arrow, Double Tap, and Brutal Projectiles procs, this Legendary can enable massive bursts of damage that ignore Line of Sight.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Updated the best Covenant, Soulbind, and Legendary Powers, and their descriptions.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated Best Conduits.
- Updated Best Legendary.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated Soulbind paths.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated Best Covenants.
- Added Soulbinds.
- Updated Best Conduits.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1