Gnarlroot Raid Guide in Amirdrassil, the Dream's Hope
Amirdrassil, the Dream's Hope Guides
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Gnarlroot Raid Guide
Quick TLDR Guide
- Tanks: Swap after each complete cast of Dreadfire Barrage.
- Tanks: The boss will always spawn Tainted Lashers in Cardinal Directions (in front, behind, and to the left and right).
- Tanks Heroic: Position the boss to spawn Tainted Lashers in existing Controlled Burn areas to spawn them faster.
- Tanks: Pick up Tainted Lashers when they spawn and tank them on top of the boss to let DPS cleave them down.
- Tanks: The Tainted Lashers apply a stacking Bleed Shadow Spines. This bleed also increases damage taken. Coordinate AoE stuns to lower damage taken.
- Avoid Shadowflame Cleave.
- Avoid Flaming Pestilence, this spawns Tainted Lashers.
- Heroic Tainted Lashers are inactive and will only be attackable once they have been hit by Controlled Burn.
- Run away with Controlled Burn.
- Heroic Place Controlled Burn on top of Tainted Lashers to make them spawn.
- Healers: When Tainted Lashers spawn each of them will trigger a small amount of raid wide damage with Tainted Bloom.
- Don't stand on top of Gnarlroot; there is Toxic Loam there.
- Gnarlroot takes 99% less damage until all branches are burnt.
- Heroic Soak Searing Bramble to get Ember-Charred.
- Whilst you are Ember-Charred run into the branches to burn them.
- When all of the branches have been burnt and have despawned, Gnarlroot will take 100% increased damage for 20 seconds. Save damage cooldowns for this point.
- Gnarlroot now goes back into their main phase and deals 10% more damage.
Strategy Guide: Full Guide
- The focal point of this phase of the encounter will be managing Tainted Lashers.
- Tainted Lashers spawn from Flaming Pestilence and always spawns in a cross pattern based on the direction the boss is facing. This means that
Tanks have complete control on where the Tainted Lashers will spawn. They can opt to either:
- Tank the boss in the same position for the entire phase or;
- Move the boss to the side of the room to force the line that would spawn in the wall to go in a random direction.
- Healers: When Tainted Lashers spawn they will deal raid wide damage through Tainted Bloom. Be ready to heal a small burst of raid damage.
- Tainted Lashers will apply a stacking bleed to targets they hit with Shadow Spines. This also increases damage taken by 10% per stack. Tanks need to be careful not to get too many stacks of this bleed.
- The Tainted Lashers can be crowd controlled. AoE stuns will be valuable here to lower damage taken.
- Each Tainted Lasher that is within 15 yards of another will be buffed by Vicious Thicket. This buff makes them deal 10% more damage per stack.
- At 15 stacks of Vicious Thicket, they will become immune to crowd control.
- Players with Controlled Burn simply need to run away from the raid to not limit the encounter space.
- When Controlled Burn expires, it will leave a pool of Shadow-Scorched Earth underneath the player.
- Healers: Tortured Scream deals a small amount of raid wide damage but applies a DoT for 10 seconds which may require additional healing throughput.
- Shadowflame Cleave is targeted at a random player. All players need to move out of this cone.
- Tanks: Dreadfire Barrage will channel on the current tank and apply a stacking debuff, which increases damage taken from Shadowflame. Wait for the entire cast to complete before taunt-swapping.
- Tainted Lashers will be dormant until they are hit by Controlled Burn. 4 players are targeted by this each cast; therefore, each player can cover one of the four lines.
- Tanks: Controlled Burn will stay on the ground for two spawns of adds. Aim to have Flaming Pestilence spawn in already existing pools to make the adds spawn instantly.
- Gnarlroot will run to the middle of the room and cast Doom Cultivation. This reduces his damage taken by 99% and spawns roots. To end this intermission, all roots need to be burnt by players.
- The area around Gnarlroot will have Toxic Loam. Do not stand in this as you will take a very large amount of damage and have an 80% slow applied to you.
- Whilst you are Ember-Charred run into roots to burn them.
- When all of the branches have been burnt and have despawned, Gnarlroot casts Uprooted Agony, which deals ticking raid-wide damage and will take 100% increased damage for 20 seconds.
- After this cast has finished he will gain a stack of Rising Mania which increases his damage dealt by 10% and the Main Phase will repeat.
- Splintering Charcoal needs to be soaked to become Ember-Charred and burn the roots.
- You will need to split the raid around in 4 groups to cover all of the areas between the tree roots and to catch all of the Splintering Charcoal.
- Be ready with movement speed buffs after soaking Splintering Charcoal and burn the roots as fast as possible.
- It is possible to do this in one cycle, however if another Splintering Charcoal is cast they need to be soaked.
Currently, this tab will only contain information on what changes on Mythic. A more robust strategy will be added after the raid goes live.
- A new type of add appears; Tainted Treants. One will spawn per cycle of Flaming Pestilence and should be prioritized both to spawn and kill.
- Interrupt Blazing Pollen.
- Spread out when you have Flaming Sap applied to you.
- 28 Oct. 2023: Page added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)