Unlocking Fyr'alath the Dream Render: Step-by-Step Guide for Patch 10.2
The following guide covers how to unlock Fyr'alath the Dreamrender in Patch 10.2 and beyond.
Fyr'alath the Dreamrender is an Item Level 450 Legendary Axe added in Patch 10.2. To get it, players must defeat Fyrakk, the Blazing and embark on a lengthy questline that requires Professions, crafting, and gathering quest items from Emerald Dream content.
Fyr'alath Weapon Model
Here is the appearance of Fyr'alath the Dream Render.
Which Classes Can Obtain Fyr'alath the Dream Render?
Fyr'alath is a Legendary Strength weapon intended for Death Knights, Paladins, and Warriors.
Fyr'alath the Dreamrender comes with two effects:
- Rage of Fyr'alath (On-Use Effect) — Unleash the Rage of Fyr'alath to charge towards your target and swing repeatedly, dealing Shadowflame damage over 3 seconds to all who would stand in your way. (Instant, 25-yard range, 2-minute cooldown)
- Fyr'alath the Dream Render (Passive Effect) — Your attacks apply Mark of Fyr'alath, dealing Shadowflame damage over 15 seconds. Upon activation, Fyr'alath draws in the flames from all marks to increase its damage by 10%.
How to Obtain Fyr'alath the Dream Render?
The first Mythic Fyrakk, the Blazing kill triggered a legendary consumable to start dropping from the boss on all difficulties. Higher difficulties apparently have a better drop chance for the consumable.
First, you must obtain the legendary consumable from Fyrakk and equip it. Your character will then become overwhelmed with shadowflame and you will receive your very first quest.
Seek out Shadowflame expert Eadweard Dalyngrigge in Thaldraszus who will tell you to craft 3 components to overcome Shadowflame and wield the weapon. The items are:
- Erden's Symbiotic Glowspore Grip from Leatherworking;
- Lydiara's Binding Rune from Inscription;
- Shalasar's Sophic Vellum from Enchanting.
How to Obtain Erden's Glowspore Grip?
To craft Erden's Dreamleaf Grip, you will need:
- 400 Zaralek Glowspores,
- 3 Obsidian Cobraskin,
- 5 Dreaming Essence,
- 1 Prototype Dreamleaf Grip.
You must gather 200 Shadowed Dreamleaves from Superbloom objectives in Emerald Dream to receive 1 Prototype Dreamleaf Grip from a quest.
How to Obtain Lydiara's Binding Rune?
The next item you will need is Lydiara's Binding Rune. This requires the following crafting reagents:
- 10 Shadowflame Essence,
- 250 Cosmic Ink,
- 50 Runed Writhebark,
- 1 Prototype Binding Rune.
50 Taut Tethercoils must be collected to receive 1 Prototype Binding Rune from a quest. Tethercoils have a chance to drop from Emerald Dream Rare Elites, but the drop chance is not 100%, so the quest may be slightly time-gated.
How to Obtain Shalasar's Sophic Vellum?
Shalasar's Sophic Vellum requires the following reagents:
- 150 Awakened Fire;
- 100 Awakened Earth;
- 50 Awakened Order;
- 200 Resonant Crystal;
- 1 Prototype Order Vellum.
You must disenchant Season 3 gear with Ashen Dowsing Rod until you loot 20 Radiant Flecks of Ash to get 1 Prototype Order Vellum.
The questline will most likely continue once you gather all 3 items listed above, but nobody on live servers has unlocked the Legendary axe yet, so there may be additional steps not covered in this guide yet.
We will keep the guide updated as players unlock the Legendary axe on live servers.
- 27 Nov. 2023: Initial guide added.
- 31 Oct. 2023: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)