Retribution Paladin PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.1)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Retribution Paladin PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Retribution Paladin in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Paladins.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Retribution Paladin.
- Kyrian is the best Covenant to choose. This gives you strong abilities that increase your survivability from Soulbinds, such as Phial of Serenity. You also get a strong important damage ability, Divine Toll.
Best Soulbinds for Retribution Paladins in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Kyrian.
Best Conduits for Retribution Paladins in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Retribution Paladins in PvP
- Ringing Clarity gives Divine Toll a chance to be cast extra times. Divine Toll is already a strong damaging cooldown and this Conduit makes it even stronger.
- Templar's Vindication makes Templar's Verdict have a chance to strike a second time, for reduces damage. This is important for increasing your overall damage output.
Best Endurance Conduits for Retribution Paladins in PvP
- Shielding Words makes Word of Glory put a shield on you after you use it. You will often be using Word of Glory to keep yourself alive, so this is an important Conduit to use.
- Divine Call makes it so the cooldown of Divine Shield is reduces when you take damage. Although this can only happen every 20 seconds, this is still important for increasing your survivability.
Best Finesse Conduits for Retribution Paladins in PvP
- Pure Concentration makes your Concentration Aura reduce the effects of Fears on your allies. This is a strong, situational Conduit that should be used if Warlocks, Priest or Warriors are dominant in PvP.
- Light's Barding increases the duration of Divine Steed. This is a good choice if you want to increase your mobility.
Best Legendaries for Retribution Paladin in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for an Retribution Paladins.
- Final Verdict is the best legendary you can have. This replaces Templar's Verdict and will deal more damage than before. This also has a chance to active Hammer of Wrath. This is a very powerful legendary that will increase your overall damage output.
- Reign of Endless Kings is a Protection Paladin legendary that works for Retribution Paladins. This is the absolute best defensive legendary. Use this if you think you will be the target for the enemy team.
- Uther's Devotion is a great legendary for increasing your survivability. For each Holy Power you spend, it reduces the cooldown of important defensives like Blessing of Protection and Blessing of Sacrifice. Use this if you are willing to sacrifice damage for defensives.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best Soulbind path.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Best Legendary.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Patch 9.1 and BCC Hotfixes: September 15th
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- New Fel Guardian Druid Mage Tower Appearance in Patch 9.1.5
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196 Affix Changes