Retribution Paladin DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Retribution Paladin DPS gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Retribution Paladin
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Retribution Paladin. This section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Retribution Paladin
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. This website can help you choose set bonuses, Conduits, Soulbinds, Covenants, trinkets, Valor upgrades, and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets rewards from weekly chests, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots' Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are. Below are a few suggestions if you can not simulate your own trinkets.
- The Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity trinket is a very good trinket for Kyrian Paladins and decent for Paladins using other Covenants.
- The Dreadfire Vessel trinket is strong for single-target. It mixes well with our priority target burst strengths. It also is a decent trinket for cleave.
- The Overwhelming Power Crystal trinket is strong for both single-target and cleave and it mixes well with out burst cooldowns.
- The Macabre Sheet Music trinket is strong in for both single-target and cleave. Running around during burst to gather the buffs makes for some awkward gameplay.
- The Spare Meat Hook trinket is strong for single-target, as long you can stay within range of your hooked target.
- The Inscrutable Quantum Device trinket can be very good, but more often than not, it will be more frustrating than useful in actual use.
- The Decanter of Anima-Charged Winds trinket is very strong for cleave and good for single-target.
- The Stone Legion Heraldry trinket is very strong for both single-target and cleave, as long as you can group with some fellow Stone Legionnaires. It remains a strong trinket option without any additional Stone Legionnaires.
- The Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity trinket is strong for both single-target and cleave.
- The Phial of Putrefaction trinket is very strong for pure single-target fights.
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is often better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
Raiding Gear for Retribution Paladin
This does not include trinkets, as they are covered in the section above.
It is heavily recommended to simulate your own gear with Raidbots, but you can use the table below as an idea pool when you cannot simulate your own options for raid loot.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 16 Jan. 2021: Added trinket options.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!