Retribution Paladin DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
The easiest way, and also the method we suggest, to compare multiple items is to use Raidbots Top Gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn , select the items to compare, and it will find out which of the items are best.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Blessing of Freedom will negate the effects of Grasping Tendrils slow.
- Hammer of Justice and Hand of Hindrance can be used to crowd control the Thing From Beyond, which is spawned by Grand Delusions. Fist of Justice is the recommended talent to use once you reach this corruption threshold.
Single-Target Damage per Corruption Ranking
Single-Target Damage per Tier Ranking
Cleave Damage per Corruption Ranking
Cleave Damage per Tier Ranking
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Adding sockets to your gear
There is a new item introduced in 8.3 that allows you to add a socket to an item that did not already have one: Gouged Eye of N'Zoth. For more information on how to obtain it, please go to our Horrific Visions Hub.
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets rewards from weekly chests, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
A generic ranking for the top 30 single-target Trinkets can be found here:
A generic ranking for the top 30 cleave Trinkets can be found here:
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 18 Jul. 2019: Made further updates for Eternal Palace.
- 10 Jul. 2019: Updated for The Eternal Palace raid opening.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Updated Benthic gear section.
- 29 Jun. 2019: Added Benthic gear.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Removed Crucible of Storm gear while we work on Patch 8.2 gear lists.
- 19 Apr. 2019: Added Legplates of Unbound Anguish.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Updated for Crucible of Storms.
- 11 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for the opening of Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 17 Dec. 2018: Added Geti'ikku once again for 8.1.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for 8.1.
- 19 Sep. 2018: Updated to adjust Geti'ikku value.
- 06 Sep. 2018: Updated for Geti'ikku change.
- 27 Aug. 2018: Added Azerite Gear rankings.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- End of Fall of the Lich King Remastered Cinematic
- How Addons Affect Raid Design - A Morgan Day Interview
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Horde Players (US)
- Class Balance Changes: February 25th
- Horrific Visions Changes Coming on February 25
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Alliance Players (EU)
- Don't Forget to Opt In for Shadowlands Beta
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 20th
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide
- Fire Mage PvP 8.3
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Fury Warrior 8.3
- Assassination Rogue 8.3
- Frost Death Knight PvP 8.3
- Titan Research Archive
- Unholy Aoe Question