Retribution Paladin DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
The easiest way, and also the method we suggest, to compare multiple items is to use Raidbots Top Gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn , select the items to compare, and it will find out which of the items are best.
The Eternal Palace Gear
In The Eternal Palace, Queen Azshara drops unique items, which have the Storm of the Eternal effect. They activate simultaneously with all other items with the same effect.
Storm of the Eternal Waist
Eternity Keeper's Greatbelt is worth up to 35 item levels compared to other waists without effects for single-target damage. This waist is the best in the game for single-target damage.
Storm of the Eternal Legs
Tide Goddess's Wargreaves are worth up to 10 item levels compared to other legs without effects for single-target and cleave damage, if the effect is not split with others.
Benthic gear is a unique type of gear added in Patch 8.2, which can be obtained in Nazjatar via world quests, dailies, events, and it can be bought in both of the faction hubs (Newhome and Mezzamere). They come about in form of tokens for multiple item slots and each slot has a variety of unique items. This gear starts at 385 and can be upgraded to 430 using the local currency Prismatic Manapearls. Aside from the Azerite gear, they all can roll a socket and tertiary stats. Benthic gear effects are only active inside Nazjatar and The Eternal Palace. With a socket, many of them can outperform most of the Mythic (445) raid items, even at low upgrade stages. A good method to funnel your main character with Benthic socket gear is to send Benthic gear over from your alts. This way you do not waste Prismatic Manapearls on your main character, which you require a lot of to upgrade your Benthic socket gear pieces to the maximum. The best Benthic gear pieces for Retribution Paladins can be found below.
Akana's Reefstrider Boots are worth up to 55 item levels compared to other feet without effects for single-target and cleave damage. With a socket, these feet are the best in the game.
Waveblade Farseer's Armguards are worth up to 45 item levels compared to other wrists without effects for single-target damage.
Zanj'ir Scaleguard Armguards are worth up to 40 item levels compared to other wrists without effects for single-target and cleave damage. If your enemies are constantly moving, the output of these wrists is diminished by a lot due to the explosion delay occasional causing misses.
Poen's Deepsea Handguards are worth up to 40 item levels compared to other hands without effects for single-target and cleave damage.
Zanj'ir Scaleguard Greatbelt is worth up to 25 item levels compared to other waists without effects for single-target and cleave damage against Aberrations, such as The Eternal Palace bosses Orgozoa and Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha.
Vim's Scalecrusher Girdle is worth up to 25 item levels compared to other waists without effects for single-target damage.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets and Titanforged rewarded from PvP and Mythic+ dungeon grinding, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
A generic ranking for the top 30 single-target Trinkets can be found here:
A generic ranking for the top 30 cleave Trinkets can be found here:
- 18 Jul. 2019: Made further updates for Eternal Palace.
- 10 Jul. 2019: Updated for The Eternal Palace raid opening.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Updated Benthic gear section.
- 29 Jun. 2019: Added Benthic gear.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Removed Crucible of Storm gear while we work on Patch 8.2 gear lists.
- 19 Apr. 2019: Added Legplates of Unbound Anguish.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Updated for Crucible of Storms.
- 11 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for the opening of Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 17 Dec. 2018: Added Geti'ikku once again for 8.1.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for 8.1.
- 19 Sep. 2018: Updated to adjust Geti'ikku value.
- 06 Sep. 2018: Updated for Geti'ikku change.
- 27 Aug. 2018: Added Azerite Gear rankings.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk