Retribution Paladin DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Retribution Paladin in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.2.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Retribution Paladin DPS gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Retribution Paladin
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Retribution Paladin. This section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Retribution Paladin
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, conduits, soulbinds, covenants, trinkets, and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets rewards from weekly chests, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are. Below are a few suggestions if you can not simulate your own trinkets.
- The Dreadfire Vessel trinket is strong for single-target. It mixes well with our priority target burst strengths. It also is a decent trinket for cleave.
- The Overwhelming Power Crystal trinket is strong for both single-target and cleave and it mixes well with out burst cooldowns.
- The Macabre Sheet Music trinket is strong in for both single-target and cleave. Running around during burst to gather the buffs makes for some awkward gameplay.
- The Spare Meat Hook trinket is strong for single-target, as long you can stay within range of your hooked target.
- The Inscrutable Quantum Device trinket can be very good, but more often than not, it will be more frustrating than useful in actual use.
- The Decanter of Anima-Charged Winds trinket is very strong for cleave and good for single-target.
- The Stone Legion Heraldry trinket is strong for both single-target and cleave, as long as you can group with some fellow Stone Legionnaires. It remains a good trinket option without any additional Stone Legionnaires.
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is often better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
Raiding Gear for Retribution Paladin
This does not include trinkets, as they are covered in the section above.
It is heavily recommended to simulate your own gear with Raidbots, but you can use the table below as an idea pool when you cannot simulate your own options.
Note that this is not a guide on which bosses to bonus roll. Refer to the Droptimizer guide above to plan out your bonus rolls!
|Helm||Diadem of Imperious Desire||Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria|
|Neck||Noble's Birthstone Pendant||Council of Blood in Castle Nathria|
|Shoulder||Epaulettes of Overwhelming Force||Hungering Destroyer in Castle Nathria|
|Cloak||Crest of the Legionnaire General||Stone Legion Generals in Castle Nathria|
|Chest||Rampaging Giant's Chestplate||Sludgefist in Castle Nathria|
|Wrists||Hellhound Cuffs||Huntsman Altimor in Castle Nathria|
|Gloves||Colossal Plate Gauntlets||Sludgefist in Castle Nathria|
|Belt||The Mad Paragon||Crafted Legendary|
|Belt Alternative||Stoic Guardsman's Belt||Sun King's Salvation in Castle Nathria|
|Legs||Ceremonial Parade Legguards||Stone Legion Generals in Castle Nathria|
|Boots||Errant Crusader's Greaves||Shriekwing in Castle Nathria|
|Ring #1||Most Regal Signet of Sire Denathrius||Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria|
|Ring #2||Ritualist's Treasured Ring||Lady Inerva Darkvein in Castle Nathria|
|Weapon||Stoneborn Goliath's Cleaver||Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria|
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- The Shadowlands User Metacritic Score Is... Problematic
- Doubleagent Is Back at It, Already Level 53
- Naxxramas and Changes to the Scourge Event in WoW Classic
- Naxxramas Movie Teaser by IKedit
- Collect 810 Soul Ash to Craft First Legendary Next Week
- Legendary Powers Catch-Up System in Shadowlands
- The Only Realm First Achievement of Shadowlands
- Glory of the Shadowlands Hero Has Already Been Completed