Retribution Paladin PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Retribution Paladin (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Retribution Paladin PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena you will be focusing on cleave damage. Retribution Paladins have multiple defensives that allow them to survive high dampening situations. For example, Divine Shield will always make you immune to all damage, even in long matches with high dampening. The same goes for Blessing of Protection that makes you immune to all physical damage. You also have Hammer of Justice which helps with setting up crowd control on enemy healers.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Retribution Paladin + Restoration Shaman
- Retribution Paladin + Restoration Druid
- Retribution Paladin + Mistweaver Monk
- Retribution Paladin + Discipline Priest
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You will likely be focusing on on maximizing your cleave damage and dealing devastating damage to teams that are stacked often. When your team has damage, you will want to use Hammer of Justice on the enemy healer and use your burst rotation. Use your Blessing of Freedom on you or your teammate if you are struggling to connect to your target.Teams can easily kill you in one stun if you are playing too aggressively.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Cupid (Retribution Paladin + Beast Mastery Hunter +Discipline Priest)
- Vanguards (Retribution Paladin + Unholy Death Knight/Frost Death Knight + Mistweaver Monk/Restoration Druid/Restoration Shaman)
- Retribution Paladin + Arms Warrior + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid)
- Retribution Paladin + Havoc Demon Hunter + Mistweaver Monk/Restoration Druid
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best 2v2 Compositions.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)