Retribution Paladin PvP Best Arena Compositions (Dragonflight 10.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Retribution Paladin (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Retribution Paladin PvP Guide.
Retribution Paladins find themselves in a particularly difficult situation when it comes to 2v2 Arena. While Ret can deal substantial damage and force enemy defensives on its own, it suffers from a lack of a Mortal Wounds effect. This limits Retribution comps to healers that have high mana efficiency , such as Mistweaver Monk or Restoration Druid, because 2v2 matches tend to be on the longer side. Alternatively, Ret can find success with certain double DPS comps and end matches in a few burst windows. Although double DPS for Ret is typically seen as off-meta, it is possible to climb quite high with the level of offhealing from other hybrid classes. Ret has multiple defensives that allow them to survive high burst situations. For example, Divine Shield will always make you immune to all damage, even in long matches with high dampening. The same goes for Blessing of Protection that makes you immune to all physical damage. You also have Hammer of Justice, which helps with setting up crowd control on enemy healers.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Retribution Paladin + Restoration Druid
- Retribution Paladin + Mistweaver Monk
- Retribution Paladin + Shadow Priest
- Retribution Paladin + Fury Warrior
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. Dealing maximum damage in short burst windows with Avenging Wrath, Divine Toll, and Final Reckoning. When your team has damage, you will want to use Hammer of Justice on the enemy healer and use your burst rotation. Use your Blessing of Freedom on you or your teammate if you are struggling to connect to your target. Teams can easily kill you in one stun if you are playing too aggressively, so make sure you remain in the line of sight of your healer unless you are certain of a kill opportunity.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Retribution Paladin + Arms Warrior + Restoration Shaman/Restoration Druid)
- Cupid (Retribution Paladin + Marksmanship Hunter + Discipline Priest)
- (Retribution Paladin + Augmentation Evoker + Mistweaver Monk/Restoration Druid/Restoration Shaman)
- Retribution Paladin + Havoc Demon Hunter + Mistweaver Monk/Restoration Druid
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5
- 19 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Best 3v3 Compositions.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best 2v2 Compositions.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2