Retribution Paladin DPS Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Retribution Paladin. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Retribution Paladin stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Retribution Paladin
The generic stat priority is as follows:
- Critical Strike = Haste ～= Mastery.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
How to Choose Gear for Retribution Paladins
To choose between 2 items, you should not rely on stat priority. For Retribution Paladin, stat priority heavily depends on your own character's stat distribution, trinkets, talents selected, race and enchants. Any changes to your character can change your stat priority. Additionally, a higher item level piece of gear provides more stats, which in many cases will be better than equipping a lower item level piece with perfect stats.
This is why we recommend to use Raidbots' Top Gear to find the best gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn, select the items to compare, and it will take all of the variables into account to find the best gear for you.
Getting a Better Understanding of Retribution Paladin Stats
Important Stat Caps
There are currently no stat soft or hard caps worth chasing for any stat right now.
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic on our dedicated page.
Strength is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Haste increases your attack speed and lowers the global cooldown of all abilities. At 50% Haste, the global cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds and at 100% Haste the reduction is hard capped at 0.75 seconds. Haste also reduces the cooldown of your Holy Power generators Blade of Justice, Judgment, Hammer of Wrath, and Crusader Strike (including Templar Strikes).
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
Mastery ( Mastery: Hand of Light) increases all Holy (including Radiant and Holystrike) damage done.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 17 Jan. 2023: Updated Stat priority.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Paladin Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective