Retribution Paladin DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Retribution Paladin. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Retribution Paladin stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Retribution Paladin
The generic stat priority is as follows:
- Mastery ～= Versatility ～= Critical Strike.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
How to Choose Gear for Retribution Paladins
To choose between 2 items, you should not rely on stat priority. For Retribution Paladin, stat priority heavily depends on your own character's stat distribution, trinkets, talents selected, race, enchants, Covenant, and Soulbind tree used. Any changes to your character can change your stat priority. Additionally, a higher item level piece of gear provides more stats, which in many cases will be better than equipping a lower item level piece with perfect stats.
This is why we recommend to use Raidbots' Top Gear to find the best gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn, select the items to compare, and it will take all of the variables into account to find the best gear for you.
Getting a Better Understanding of Retribution Paladin Stats
Important Stat Caps
There are currently no stat soft or hard caps worth chasing for any stat right now.
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic on our dedicated page.
Strength is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Haste increases your attack speed and lowers the global cooldown of all abilities. At 50% Haste, the global cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds and at 100% Haste the reduction is hard capped at 0.75 seconds. Haste also reduces the cooldown of your Holy Power generators Blade of Justice, Judgment, Hammer of Wrath, and Crusader Strike.
The attack speed increase granted by Haste increases the amount of procs you will get from Art of War, which is good to know when using the new Retribution Paladin 2-Piece and Retribution Paladin 4-Piece set bonuses.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
The following baseline abilities are affected by Mastery:
- Templar's Verdict
- Divine Storm
- Hammer of Wrath
- Wake of Ashes
- Shield of the Righteous
The following talents are affected by Mastery:
- Execution Sentence
- Final Reckoning (including the passive)
- Sanctified Wrath
- Justicar's Vengeance
- 22 Mar. 2022: Updated for double Legendary Powers.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for 9.2 Raid opening.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th