Retribution Paladin PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Retribution Paladin in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Retribution Paladin PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Retribution Paladins in PvP
The stat priority for Retribution Paladin in PvP is as follows:
- Haste; = Critical Strike;
Strength is the best stat in all situations, and you naturally get it from all your primary slot gear. Versatility is Retribution's best stat in PvP because it boosts your damage and healing while also reducing the damage you receive. Mastery is the second-best stat in PvP as it increases all your damage done, and one of Retribution's primary goal is to burst the enemy in as few globals as possible. Haste, while still valuable, is currently seated behind Mastery due to the pacing of the game. If game pacing slows down, consistent damage may matter more, and Haste may overtake mastery. Critical Strike is also good for Retribution, but due to the 10.1 PvP Crit nerfs, it is one of our lowest priority stats.
In general, Retribution Paladins want to get trinkets that line up well with Avenging Wrath. If you are not Human, Gladiators Medallion is recommended alongside Gladiators Insignia of Alacrity. Here is the best gear we recommend you use as a Retribution Paladin.
- Head: Zealous Pyreknight's Barbute
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Primal Molten Pauldrons with Versa and Mastery stats Embellished with Verdant Conduit
- Cloak: Verdant Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Zealous Pyreknight's Warplate
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Plate Wristguards
- Hands: Zealous Pyreknight's Jeweled Gauntlets
- Waist: Verdant Gladiator's Plate Girdle
- Legs: Zealous Pyreknight's Cuisses
- Feet: Infurious Warboots of Impunity
- Ring 1: Signet of Titanic Insight with Versa and Mastery stats
- Ring 2: Verdant Gladiator's Signet
- Weapon: Verdant Gladiator's Greatsword
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Stamina and Strength boost that will increase your survivability and damage output.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion Allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control, and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human, you may play without this trinket.
Verdant Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Crit and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Verdant Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing on you and can be paired with Shield of Vengeance to increase the shield value.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will often proc throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Retribution Paladin: (If you have the gold, buy the tier 3 versions of enchants!) (
- Neck: Tiered Medallion Setting x3 (To save gold, buy two tier 2 and one tier 3
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Sustained Strength
- Legs: Fierce Armor Kit
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Feet: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
Gem all of your gear with Zen Malygite.
- 23 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.2 Meta Changes
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Dragonflight 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1.5
- 19 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier-Sets section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players