Temple of the Jade Serpent Dungeon Guide: Location, Boss Strategies, Trash, and Loot
Welcome to our guide to the Temple of the Jade Serpent dungeon in Season 1 of the Dragonflight World of Warcraft expansion. This guide will cover everything you need to know about the dungeon, including how to get to it, its layout, the trash and boss mechanics within, and its loot.
Temple of the Jade Serpent is a level 70 dungeon located on the east coast of - The Jade Forest, Pandaria. The nearest flight point for Alliance and Horde players is Jade Temple Grounds, Jade Forest. Upon landing, head further to the north until you uncover the dungeon's entrance.
This guide will focus on an extensive overview of the dungeon, providing vital information to complete it on Mythic and Mythic Keystone difficulty. We will cover all 4 boss fights supported by the most notable trash enemies in the dungeon and their important abilities. If you would like to learn about the other Dragonflight Dungeons or the upcoming Mythic+ season instead, please see our overviews linked below. Otherwise, without further ado, let us begin!
Boss order in Temple of the Jade Serpent
You will be able to choose which boss you want to approach first in Temple of the Jade Serpent, as the dungeon, gives you the full flexibility of doing so, with the only requirement being that Liu Flameheart and Sha of Doubt unlocks once you have defeated the previous 2 bosses — Wise Mari and Lorewalker Stonestep. Below you will see our recommendation for the boss order.
Fountain of the Overseeing and Wise Mari
Notable Trash Before Wise Mari
Upon starting the dungeon, turn left and head towards Wise Mari. The distance is relatively short; however, there are some extremely dangerous mobs you should be aware of:
- Although Corrupt Droplets are non-elites, they will continuously cast Splash, dealing AoE damage to all players. You cannot interrupt the cast, but you can stun and quickly nuke them.
- Use all of your group interrupts towards Fallen Waterspeaker and its Hydrolance + Tidal Burst casts. We advise to use stun effects to cover up if you lack the interrupts!
- Corrupt Living Water is the most dangerous trash mob in this area, pay attention to its Tainted Ripple cast as it does serious initial damage, plus it will apply an additional damage-over-time effect. You can line of sight the cast if you are quick enough! At last, sidestep the Surging Deluge ground animation.
Wise Mari Boss Guide
- Assigned an interrupt order for Hydrolance as it will be present throughout the fight.
- Once you get targeted by the Corrupted Vortex, put the vortex ground animation away from your team at the end of the cast.
- Watch out for the Corrupted Geyser; the water will appear "bubbly" a second before triggering the Corrupted Geyser ability.
- Avoid being hit by the Wash Away cast at all costs. This ability is likely to turn deadly. Always pay attention to Corrupted Geyser, so you are not caught by surprise!
- As there is not any tank-specific mechanic you need to deal with, you can help your team with assigning the interrupts for the Hydrolance cast.
- Spot heal the party member that gets targeted by the Corrupted Vortex.
The Scrollkeeper's Sanctum and Strife & Peril
Notable Trash Before Peril and Strife
Once you defeat Wise Mari, get back to the starting point of the dungeon and head right towards the The Scrollkeeper's Sanctum area where you will meet the second boss of the dungeon — Peril and Strife. Here is what you should know about the trash mobs there:
- Interrupt the Haunting Sha's Haunting Scream AoE Fear. If this ability goes through, there is a high probability of ninja polling other trash packs or simply wiping. The mob will also cast Haunting Gaze on your tank, so keep him healthy at all costs!
- Beware of Throw Torch from Xiang and Jiang; they will occasionally throw it on a random target, dealing serious damage over time. Heads up, your Healer can dispel it!
- Interrupt the Sleepy Soliloquy cast from The Talking Fish, it goes on a random player, and it will put them asleep for 6 sec.
- Run away from the The Songbird Queen's Territorial Display, it has 6 yards radius so pay close attention. In addition, your tank must pay close attention to Vicious Peck; it does high frontloaded damage and a follow-up Bleed effect.
- Avoid the Tears of Pain ground puddles coming from The Crybaby Hozen. In addition, use your interrupts on Fit of Rage to stop the The Crybaby Hozen from further empowering itself.
- Your tank must watch out for the stackable Staggering Blow debuff coming from The Golden Beetle. In addition, use Dispel or Purge effects once you see The Golden Beetle casting Golden Barrier, not only will it create an absorb shield, but also, upon breaking, it will deal massive damage to everyone within 40 yards.
- The Nodding Tiger will always leap on the cast Savage Leap on the furthest target, dealing initial damage and leaving a Bleed effect. Make sure to stop its Cat Nap ability; otherwise, it will restore health every second.
Peril and Strife Boss Guide
You must engage the Corrupted Scroll in order to activate Peril and Strife encounter. It is important to know how Intensity works: Each time you attack either Peril or Strife, they will gain a stack of Intensity, upon reaching a maximum of 10 stacks they will be immune to all damage for 15 sec. The key to dropping stacks is to ignore either Peril or Strife, causing them to suffer from Dissipation. Never attack both of them, and always swap from one to another (once one has 5-6 stacks, it is a good time to swap). You can read more details below:
- Do not use cleave abilities, else you will risk each of the bosses to gain a stack of Intensity. Using direct attacks is the best source of damage. We are uncertain at this point if damage-over-time effects (Bleeds included) trigger Intensity, as soon as we know, we will update the guide.
- If you have high stacks of the Feeling of Superiority, use a defensive cooldown!
- Hold aggro on both targets to avoid your team from being accidentally cleaved.
- Both Strife and Peril will continuously cast Agony throughout the entire fight, a good place to use your healing cooldowns is when either of the bosses has high stacks of Intensity.
- Watch out for the Feeling of Superiority buff, if your party member has a high stack, spot-heal them.
Terrace of the Twin Dragons and Liu Flameheart
Notable Trash Before Liu Flameheart
After you have defeated Peril and Strife, head straight towards the Terrace of the Twin Dragons area where you will meet the third boss of the dungeon — Liu Flameheart. In addition, there are going to be a few new enemies you will uncover, paired with some old ones that you have previously faced. Here is what you should know about those who you have not seen yet:
- Shambling Infester is the only "mini-boss" in this dungeon. The trash mob has significantly more health than the rest of the mobs so it will take much longer to defeat. Make sure you sidestep his Flames of Doubt frontal cone ability (or out-range if you are further than 25 yards away) and use defensives if you have low health during the Summon Sha cast. Remember, once you defeat the Lesser Sha they will cast Sha Eruption.
- Run avoid from the Sha-Touched Guardians Leg Sweep cast, it will deal damage to everyone within 6 yards from it. In addition, the trash mob will strike your tank with Setting Sun Kick, which not only going to deal high initial damage but also apply a 20% healing debuff to your tank, so watch out!
- Depraved Mistweaver is the only important caster in this area, interrupt its Defiling Mist and watch out for Touch of Ruin (since it is a Curse effect, you can use any de-cursing ability or just defensive to survive it).
- Avoid Minion of Doubt's Shattered Resolve ground orbs. In addition, the trash mob will cast Dark Claw to the highest threat target (your tank), make sure you keep them healthy at all costs!
Liu Flameheart Boss Guide
Liu Flameheart is one of the few 3 phase boss encounter in the whole Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1 choice of dungeons. Each phase: Serpent Dance (from 100% to 70%), Jade Serpent Dance (from 70% to 30%) and The Jade Serpent allows the boss to have different abilities. Here is what each of you should do and watch out for:
- Dodge the incoming Serpent Waves during Phase 1 (Serpent Dance phase).
- Dodge the incoming Jade Serpent Waves during Phase 2 (Jade Serpent Dance phase. In addition, the Jade Serpent Waves will leave a trail of lingering pools; avoid them at all costs as they deal damage each second you stay in.
- Avoid the Jade Fire Breath frontal during Phase 3 (The Jade Serpent phase).
- Watch out for Serpent Kick; the boss will cast that on you as soon as she is finished casting Serpent Strike (During Phase 1).
- Watch out for Jade Serpent Strike; the initial damage and the follow-up absorb effect will put you to the test.
- As soon as Liu Flameheart is done casting Jade Serpent Strike, she will follow up with Jade Serpent Kick, it will knock all players within 9 yards, so be prepared with active mitigation to avoid dying.
- Beware how you position yourself during Phase 3, as the boss will cast Jade Fire Breath based on your location.
- Watch out for her Jade Fire during Phase 3 of the boss fight; you want to be healthy at all times.
- Dispel the Serpent Strike debuff from your tank during the Phase 1 (Serpent Dance phase).
- Pay attention to Jade Serpent Strike during Phase 2 (Jade Serpent Dance Phase), it will deal initial damage to your tank and add an absorb effect; use your healing cooldowns to top them up quickly!
The Heart of Jade and Sha of Doubt
Sha of Doubt Boss Guide
Once you defeat Liu Flameheart, you will face one pack of trash mobs, followed by the dungeon's final boss - Sha of Doubt. Here is what you should know about this boss:
- During Bounds of Reality, use defensives and stack up altogether. This way, you can easily cleave your Figments of Doubt simultaneously before they siphon enough energy. Keep in mind; if they reach maximum energy, they will deal AoE damage to all players and heal Sha of Doubt for 10% of its total health. A side note, you can use stun effects on them!
- If you do not get dispelled from your Touch of Nothingness debuff, use personal defensive.
- Do your best to stack the existing Figments of Doubt so your DPS can cleave all of them simultaneously.
- Sha of Doubt will occasionally cast Touch of Nothingness, be ready to dispel 1 target off their debuff and spot-heal the other one.
- Watch out for Wither Will ability, the boss will cast it on 2 random players from your party, keep all of them healthy at all times!
Temple of the Jade Serpent Loot Table
|Mail Head||Waterburst Helm||Mastery/Crit|
|Plate Chest||Riverbed Chestguard||Crit/Haste|
|Leather Feet||Treads of Corrupted Water||Crit/Mastery|
|Cloth Waist||Girdle of Endemic Anger||Crit/Haste|
|Mail Waist||Sunheart Waistband||Crit/Mastery|
|Leather Legs||Leggings of Whispered Dreams||Mastery/Crit|
|Plate Feet||Stonestep Boots||Mastery/Crit|
|Gun||Firebelcher Hand Cannon||Crit/Haste|
|Plate Shoulder||Serpentstrike Shoulderpads||Mastery/Crit|
|Back||Cape of Entanglement||Crit/Haste|
|Cloth Boots||Flameheart Sandals||Crit/Mastery|
|Ring||Signet of Dancing Jade||Crit/Haste|
Sha of Doubt
|Staff||Staff of Trembling Will||Haste/Crit|
|1H Axe||Dubious Handaxe||Str, Crit/Haste|
|Leather Shoulder||Doubtridden Shoulderguards||Crit/Haste|
|Mail Shoulder||Neverdare Shoulders||Mastery/Haste|
|Back||Cloak of Failing Will||Mastery/Crit|
|Leather Chest||Chestguard of Despair||Crit/Mastery|
|Mail Hands||Hopecrusher Gauntlets||Haste/Crit|
|Cloth Hands||Paralyzing Gloves||Crit/Mastery|
|Plate Waist||Binding of Broken Dreams||Crit/Mastery|
Temple of the Jade Serpent Achievements
There are 7 total achievements to obtain in Temple of the Jade Serpent:
|Temple of the Jade Serpent||Defeat the Sha of Doubt in Temple of the Jade Serpent.|
|Heroic: Temple of the Jade Serpent||Defeat the Sha of Doubt in Temple of the Jade Serpent on Heroic difficulty.|
|Cleaning Up||Defeat the Sha of Doubt in Temple of the Jade Serpent while under the effects of Purified Water.|
|Hydrophobia||Defeat Wise Mari without being hit by Corrupted Waters, Hydrolance, or Wash Away in Temple of the Jade Serpent on Mythic difficulty.|
|Seeds of Doubt||Defeat the Sha of Doubt in Temple of the Jade Serpent while under the effect of 4 Seeds of Doubt on Mythic difficulty.|
- 19 Dec. 2022: Guide added.
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Patch 10.0.7 Launch Meme Roundup
- An Overview of New Character Titles in Patch 10.1
- Blind Eye Options Available for All Races in Patch 10.1
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th