Unholy Death Knight PvP Best Arena Compositions (Battle for Azeroth / Patch 8.3)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Unholy Death Knight (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Unholy Death Knight PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you will be focusing on spread damage.It is important to put your pet on the enemy healer so you can use your pet's interrupt on them. You will want to use Death Grip to grip the healer close to the enemy DPS you are focusing and use your burst rotation. This will maximize your cleave damage during your burst damage. It is important to note that although Death Knights lack mobility, you should focus on hitting a target that you can touch. Use Outbreak to refresh Virulent Plague when it is about to expire. When you finally connect to your target, use Asphyxiate and start stacking Necrotic Strikes. If your primary target is too far away it is okay to switch targets until your Death Grip or Death's Advance is available.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Unholy Death Knight + Holy Paladin
- Unholy Death Knight + Restoration Druid
- Unholy Death Knight + Mistweaver Monk
- Unholy Death Knight + Discipline Priest
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You will want to focus on maximizing your spread target damage by maintaining your DoTs on everyone, but also single target damage with Necrotic Strikes. When your team has damage, use Death Grip on the enemy healer and have one of your partners stun them. If a stun is not available, use Asphyxiate on the healer. Once the enemy team is stunned you should use your burst rotation. If they are in range, use Mind Freeze on the enemy healer. Make sure you keep your pet on the enemy healer to maximize your spread damage or just in case you want to make a hard swap to the enemy healer.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Walking Dead (Unholy Death Knight + Windwalker Monk + Holy Paladin/ Restoration Druid)
- Shadowcleave (Unholy Death Knight + Destruction Warlock + Restoration Shaman/Holy Paladin)
- TSG (Unholy Death Knight + Arms Warrior + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid)
- Hero Cleave (Unholy Death Knight + Havoc Demon Hunter + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid)
- 18 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 17 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Hunter Stable Size Increased to 205 Slots in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34972: Class Changes
- Tyrannical Affix No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands
- Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Changes to Combat Potions on the Shadowlands Alpha
- Demon Hunter Shadowlands Major Class Changes: July 1st
- An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on the Shadowlands Alpha