Unholy Death Knight DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Unholy Death Knight. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2.
The Basics of Stats for Unholy Death Knight
The most common stat priority you will find in your sims for Unholy Death Knights is as follows:
- Critical Strike/ Versatility.
Usually a higher item level piece of gear will be a bigger upgrade than a lower item level piece of gear even with better stats. We highly recommend you sim your character to find the stat weights that work best for you.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Getting a Better Understanding of Unholy Death Knight Stats
Strength is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Mastery, through Mastery: Dreadblade, increases your Shadow and minion damage. Shadow and minion damage makes up a majority of your total damage.
Haste will increase your attack speed and Rune regeneration rate. It also reduces your Global Cooldown.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables that you choose are directly affected by your stat priority. In order to find the best mix of these, we do recommend that you simulate yourself using a program like Raidbots or Simulationcraft, however, we have a page linked below that will give you advice on this topic.
- 19 Jan. 2021: Guide reviewed and completely updated.
- 28 Nov. 2020: Fixed stat recommendation for Mastery.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands release.
- 18 Oct. 2020: Changed to reflect the Pre-patch build.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Castle Nathria Raid Finder Wing 3 Now Open
- Husband Rolls Over in Grave Over Wife's Mage Shenanigans
- Legendary Powers Available from Torghast During the Week of January 19
- Do Not Open the Great Vault Before Killing the World Boss
- Complete 5 Cataclysm Timewalking Dungeons for Item Level 200 Gear Piece
- World Boss for the Week of January 19th - Nurgash Muckformed
- Star Augur Etraeus with Shadowlands Effects
- Global Release, Hidden Kills, Echo Rivalry and More: Complexity-Limit Big Post RWF Win Interview