Unholy Death Knight DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Unholy Death Knight in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Unholy Death Knight
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
2. Azerite Gear for Unholy Death Knights
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
With the changes in Battle for Azeroth your primary stat is going to be your best stat. Even though this is the case, a higher item level piece of gear does contain more secondary stats which usually makes it an upgrade. When you are looking for gear upgrades you will usually find them in a higher item level piece of gear.
4. Trinket Simulation for Unholy Death Knight
5. Recommended Battle for Dazar'alor Gear
6. What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
This does not include items that are found outside of the raid, so this may be altered based on items you have available from outside sources. Note that this also does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart:
Also note that this is not a guide on which bosses to bonus roll. Refer to the Droptimizer guide above to plan out your bonus rolls.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 04 Mar. 2019: Fixed gear sources.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Added a Recommended Gear List for Battle of Dazar'alor, and an introduction to the RaidBots Droptimizer feature.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 29 Aug. 2018: Added a hectic add cleave trinket chart.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 06 Aug. 2018: Updated the legendary list and tier 21 description to fix some mistakes.
- 30 Jul. 2018: Updated the legendary list to better reflect the current meta.
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- How to Play World of Warcraft With a PS4/Xbox Controller
- N'zoth Whispers on Live Servers
- Conflict and Strife Essence Power Clarification
- Second Classic Stress Test Coming on May 29th
- WoW Classic Addons: TukUI
- Patch 8.2: Conflict and Strife PvP Essence
- WoW Classic Stress Test 1 Ending Info
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1.5
- Mistweaver Monk 8.1.5
- Paladin Leveling Guide
- Protection Paladin 8.1.5
- Elemental Shaman 8.1.5
- Balance Druid 8.1.5