Dawn of the Infinite Megadungeon Guide: Location, Boss Strategies, Trash, and Loot
Welcome to our guide to the Dawn of the Infinite megadungeon in the Dragonflight World of Warcraft expansion. This guide will cover everything you need to know about the dungeon, including how to get to it, its layout, the trash and boss mechanics within, and its loot. This dungeon is new as of Patch 10.1.5 and can only be done on Mythic difficulty for the moment.
- 8. Crossroads of Fate and Iridikron the Stonescaled
- 9. Infinite Conflux and Tyr, the Infinite Keeper
- 10. Twisting Approach and Morchie
- 11. Immemorial Battlefield and Time-Lost Battlefield
- 12. Crossroads of Fate and Chrono-Lord-Deios
- 13. Dawn of the Infinite Loot Table
- 14. Dawn of the Infinite Achievements
This guide will focus on an extensive overview of the dungeon, providing vital information to increase your chance of completing the key. We will cover all 8 boss fights supported by the most notable trash enemies in the dungeon and their important abilities. If you would like to learn about the rest of the dungeons in Mythic+, please see our overviews linked below.
Quantum Courser and Quantum Gear
If you are looking for more information on Quantum gear and Reins of the Quantum Courser, dropping in the dungeon, please check out the dedicated pages linked below.
Getting into Dawn of the Infinite
Dawn of the Infinite is a max-level dungeon in Thaldraszus, Dragon Isles. You can quickly go there by using your Dragonriding mount and flying towards the southeast part of the zone near The Temporal Conflux (see the minimap down below). The dungeon is available in both Mythic and Heroic mode.
Dawn of the Infinite Layout
Sanctum of Chronology and Chronikar
Notable Trash Before Chronikar
- Interrupt Infinite Chronoweaver's Chronomelt channel cast. The cast deals damage and reduces your Haste and Movement Speed by 50%.
- Watch out for Infinite Timeslicer and its uninterruptible Temposlice channel cast. You can use disturbing effects to stop it.
- Avoid getting hit by Timerip coming from Epoch Ripper. They teleport on a random target.
Chronikar Boss Guide
Chronikar is a straightforward boss fight with an enrage phase upon reaching maximum energy. The most important boss ability is to watch out for Eon Shatter (at maximum energy) followed by Eon Residue soaks. More information down below:
- Once you get the Sand Stomp, place it near the end of the room for a better Withering Sandpool management. And yes, avoid staying in Withering Sandpool at all costs.
- Once Chronikar reaches 100 energy, it will cast Eon Shatter on 2 random members, it is extremely important to dodge the initial ground circle, followed by the incoming Eon Fragments. After that, immediately move back in to soak the Eon Residue before it transforms to Residue Blast (in which case, it becomes lethal to the whole party).
- Use your active mitigation before each Chronoshear cast to help your healer overcome the Sheared Lifespan follow-up effect.
- Be ready to spot-heal your tank during the Chronoshear cast, and be mindful of the follow-up - Sheared Lifespan effect.
Millenia's Threshhold and Manifested Timeways
Notable Trash Before Manifested Timeways
- Healers must focus on dispelling Coalesced Time's Chronoburst as it applies to debuff will go on a 2 random targets. In addition, your entire party must interrupt Infinite Bolt Volley at all costs.
- Tanks must watch out for Temporal Fusion's Triple Strike, use your active mitigation if you are in a critical situation.
- Interrupt Coalesced Moment's Infinite Bolt. In addition, your Healer must watch out for the Tainted Sands debuff, dispel it as quick as you can!
- Interrupt Timestream Leech's Enervate. If the cast goes through, your Healer can dispel it, make sure nobody is within 8 yards to prevent "cleave" damage.
- Dispel the Timestream Anomaly's Bloom as quickly as you can; failing to do so will duplicate the spec and pass it onto an additional member from your party. In addition, avoid being hit by the Untwist frontal, it often targets the Tank.
Manifested Timeways Boss Guide
Throughout the whole fight, Manifested Timeways will have Timeways Conflux available, effectively transforming the surroundings of the boss area to a 4 equal "pizza" slices. 2 of them will have the Decaying Time debuff while the rest will contain Accelerating Time. Regardless of which one you stay, you will take damage per second; if you have the mobility to maintain your rotation while moving, you would prefer to stay within the Decaying Time slice as you take damage every 3 sec, compared to the Accelerating Time slice, where you take damage every 1 sec. More information, down below:
- Avoid being hit by the Fragments of Time cast, the projectiles will be significantly slowed if you stay within the Decaying Time "pizza" slice, making it easier to avoid them.
- Watch out for the Unwind cast, if you are in the Decaying Time "pizza" slice, the follow-up wave will be significantly slower, and this way you will have more time to prepare.
- Make sure you are present in melee at all times to prevent the boss from casting Radiant and therefore wiping the entire party.
- The boss will apply Chrono-faded debuff to 2 random players, dispel it as quickly as you see it. If you have Priest, ask for a Mass Dispel. Remind your team that the DoT ticks much faster if they stay within the Accelerating Time "pizza" slice, so they should try their best not to be in one.
- Upon dispelling Chrono-faded you will trigger a follow-up effect called Chronofade. The Chronofade wave becomes a lot easier to dodge if the Dispel happens within the Decaying Time "pizza" slice, making it extraordinarily slow, and this way you can easily avoid it without getting hit.
Crossroads of Fate and Blight of Galakrond
Notable Trash Before Blight of Galakrond
Once you defeat Manifested Timeways, you will pick up the Timeless Custodian towards the Locus of Eternity crossroad, from other onwards, there is only one exit and that is towards the Spoke of Endless Winter, where you will transition towards the Crossroads of Fate platform. Here is what you should know about all non-boss-enemies before facing Blight of Galakrond:
- Avoid Infinite Infiltrator's Timeless Curse ground-animation and use defensives on the Infinite Fury cast. This is a good place for your Healer to use their major healing cooldowns.
- Beware of Blight Chunk, they are the easiest non-boss-enemy to deal with but upon death, they will buff any nearby Risen creatures with Relentless Hunger.
- Risen Dragon has a Necrotic Outburst aura, hence why we don't recommend you to pull more than 2 of the same mob unless you have major cooldowns available. Avoid the Blight Spew ground animation.
Blight of Galakrond Boss Guide
Blight of Galakrond is one of the few boss fights that are a 3 Phase Encounter. During Phase 1, you will face Blight of Galakrond up until 80%, Phase 2 you will fight with Ahnzon, up until 50%, after which the boss will transition into its final Phase 3, where you will battle with Loszkeleth and Dazhak. More information, down below:
- Avoid sitting in the Blight Seep during Phase 1.
- Dodge the incoming Corrosive Expulsion ground pools during Phase 1.
- Once you get the Corrosion debuff (from the Corrosive Infusion cast), it is best to transfer (by contact) it to your Tank as they are the most durable target. The Blight Reclamation frontal will remove the Corrosion debuff. You have 12 sec to do so before you get Corrupted Mind debuff.
- During Phase 2, Ahnzon will still cast Corrosion and Blight Reclamation, you must clear it just like in Phase 1, but this time you must also watch out for Necrotic Winds. Avoid getting hit by the tornadoes, and use your defensive cooldowns.
- During Phase 3, 100% of the damage done against Loszkeleth occur against Dazhak. You will also inherit the Corrosion and Blight Reclamation spell sequence continuation from Phase 1.
- Destroy Loszkeleth's Necrofrost as quick as you can.
- Avoid getting hit by Loszkeleth's Incinerating Blightbreath.
- During Phase 1, Blight of Galakrond will leave Blight Seep lingering pools every time it moves, be aware of the boss position at all times and be conservative with movement during this phase.
- Make sure to stay stationary during the Blight Reclamation frontal, this way, you will make the clearing of the Corrosion debuff much easier (simply walk in front of the frontal).
- Try to stack Loszkeleth and Dazhak together when possible to allow for a better cleave. You only have to taunt and actively use your mitigation against Loszkeleth as he is the one that melees you.
- Spotheal the target with Corrosion debuff to prevent them from dying.
- Use healing cooldowns during Necrotic Winds cast in Phase 2.
- During Phase 3 top-up players quickly to prevent them from dying to the Dazhak's Noxious Ejection.
Crossroads of Fate and Iridikron the Stonescaled
Notable Trash Before Iridikron the Stonescaled
- Interrupt Iridikron's Creation's Stonebolt.
Iridikron the Stonescaled Boss Guide
One of the best fights ever created, Iridikron offers a fair share of challenges to any group looking for one. Your Healer must pay attention not only to your party's health but also must make sure that Chromie does not die. More information, down below:
- If you get targeted by Extinction Blast, walk under Chromie's Timeline Protection to prevent you from dying. During this, you will make hromie much more vulnerable due to Exhausted.
- During the Stonecracker Barrage, split your team into TWO, all 4 members of your group should soak the bigger circle, while the Tank solo soaks the smaller one. This is a good place to use your defensive cooldowns to take less damage from the follow-up effect - Stonecrack. At the end of the Stonecracker Barrage, Chromie will trigger Timeline Acceleration, granting everyone 50% Haste for 25 sec.
- During the Earthsurge, break the shield as quickly as you can while dodging the incoming Rending Earthspikes and staying away from the ground ichors ( Punctured Ground).
- Avoid the Pulverizing Exhalation frontal while being within close proximity (but don't stack on top of your teammates) of each other for a better Pulverizing Creations spawn. In addition, interrupt Pulverizing Creations's Stonebolt at all cost.
- During Cataclysmic Obliteration, it is extremely important to use all of your defensive cooldowns left and stack under Chromie's Timeline Transcendence. If you live this, the boss dies, and you will defeat the encounter.
- Watch out for Crushing Onslaught stacks, do your best to reset them as often as you can.
- Collect the aggro from the Pulverizing Exhalation as quickly as you can.
- Make sure to keep Chromie healthy at all times, if she dies, it will be a sure group wipe. Chromie becomes especially vulnerable when she has Exhausted debuff, at the end of each Timeline Protection.
- Be mindful of the number of stacks you will endure during Earthsurge, consider using cooldowns when appropriate.
- Do your best to save all of your healing cooldowns for the Cataclysmic Obliteration channel.
Infinite Conflux and Tyr, the Infinite Keeper
Notable Trash Before Tyr, the Infinite Keeper
- Watch out for Tyr's Vanguard's Rending Cleave as it will hit everyone in front of the mob, applying a stackable Bleed effect.
- Interrupt Infinite Twilight Magus's Epoch Bolt and try your best to Stun its Corroding Volley cast.
- Dodge the Valow, Timesworn Keeper's Temporal Strike ground animation. In addition, your Tank must move Valow, Timesworn Keeper away from his Titanic Bulwark "sphere". You can use that as a defensive cooldown since it does reduce all incoming damage by 50%!
- Lerai, Timesworn Maiden will cast unavoidable AoE damage - Ancient Radiance and a boomerang-type of frontal called Orb of Contemplation (dodge it to avoid being stunned).
- Interrupt Spurlok, Timesworn Sentinel's Binding Grasp as quickly as you can to enable them to continue the fight. Keep in mind that the mob will be inside its Shrouding Sandstorm, so you must enter the lingering ground pull to interrupt.
Tyr, the Infinite Keeper Boss Guide
- Soak the incoming Dividing Strike and avoid staying in the following up Consecrated Ground lingering pool. If this ability fails to hit at least 2 players, the boss will gain Titanic Empowerment until the rest of the fight.
- Avoid the Infinite Annihilation frontal cone and its following up Consecrated Ground lingering pool.
- Collect as many Temporal Essence as you can during the Siphon Oathstone channel cast. Remember, for each Temporal Essence, you will gain a stack of Stolen Time at a maximum of 5 stacks.
- Be careful of Titanic Blow, not only it will deal massive damage to you, but it will knock you out (yes, even out of the platform if you are too close). Avoid staying in the following up Consecrated Ground lingering pool.
- Quickly dispel one of the Spark of Tyr while spot-healing the other debuff. Any other form of dispel removes it, so in case you have a Mass Dispel, ask for assistance. Just keep in mind that as soon as you dispel the debuff, there will be group-wide splash damage.
- Use your healing cooldowns during the Radiant Barrier shield.
Twisting Approach and Morchie
Notable Trash Before Morchie
Before facing Morchie, you first must complete a unique event where a dozen of Infinite Protector will be casting an Infinite Projectiles. If you get hit by any, you will be sent towards your original position, so pay attention and do it quickly. If you are the first one to pass the event, just to your left, you will be able to create a Temporal Rift for your party to pass through!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's not all, you must make your way towards the only active teleport by slaying Temporal Fusion and Temporal Deviation and letting their corpses pave the way by exploding. This is the only way to get one of the most fun bosses in this instance - Morchie.
- Avoid getting hit by Infinite Watchkeeper's Timeless Curse ground animation and use defensive on the Infinite Fury cast. This is a good place for your Healer to use major healing cooldowns.
- Interrupt Timeline Marauder's Displace Chronosequence and try your best to stop (with Stun or any other effect) the deadly Infinite Schism channel cast.
- Watch out for Infinite Timebender, as not only he will spawn adds - Time-Lost Wakethrasher and Time-Lost Tidehunter, but also buff them with Millennium Aid cast. Interrupt all Dizzying Sands to prevent you from being disorientated.
Morchie Boss Guide
- Avoid the Sand Blast frontal.
- During the More Problems! transition, quickly find the correct version of Morchie and avoid staying directly in front of her, this way you can dodge the Dragon's Breath and prevent you from getting a Sand Buffeted debuff.
- Avoid getting hit by the ground Time Traps. In case you get caught by one of them, you will trigger follow-up effects - Time Stasis and Temporal Backlash.
- When Morchie casts Familiar Faces, kite the fixates through Time Traps, this way they will be suspended until Morchie frees them.
- Help your team identify the right version of Morchie during the More Problems! transition.
- If any of your team members get caught in a Time Traps, be quick to dispel the Time Stasis and top the remaining of your party members after the Temporal Backlash explosion.
Immemorial Battlefield and Time-Lost Battlefield
Notable Trash Before Time-Lost Battlefield
- Time-Lost Rocketeer does primarily tank damage through its Staticky Punch ability. It is easy to handle as long as you interrupt Rocket Bolt Volley.
- Dodge the Time-Lost Aerobot's Electro-Juiced Gigablast frontal ability.
- Interrupt Pendule's Time Beam.
- Avoid the Horde Destroyer's Volatile Mortar ground animation. In addition, make sure to use crowd-control effects during the Deploy Goblin Sappers cast, or else you might end up dying!
Time-Lost Battlefield Boss Guide
Time-Lost Battlefield boss encounter features a slight difference between Horde and Alliance players. Although some of the boss's spells and NPCs have different names, they will do identical jobs. Below you can find all differences:
- On behalf of all Horde, you will be facing Grommash Hellscream and its 3 allies - Horde Grunt, Horde Axe Thrower and Horde Warlock.
- On behalf of all Alliance, you will be facing Anduin Lothar and its 3 allies - Alliance Footman, Alliance Archer and Alliance Conjuror.
- During the whole fight Grommash Hellscream OR Anduin Lothar will summon Horde Grunt, Horde Axe Thrower and Horde Warlock OR Alliance Footman, Alliance Archer and Alliance Conjuror, focus the boss while cleaving them.
- Avoid getting hit by Bladestorm.
- Dodge the incoming Shockwave.
- When FOR THE HORDE! / FOR THE ALLIANCE! is cast, the boss will re-summon its 3 fallen allies, once again, make sure to cleave them all together with the boss for maximum efficiency.
- Use your active mitigation on the Decapitate cast.
- You can dispel Horde Warlock's Immolate OR Alliance Conjuror's Fireball.
- Be ready to top up your teammates during the War Cry cast.
Crossroads of Fate and Chrono-Lord-Deios
Notable Trash Before Chrono-Lord-Deio
- Avoid Infinite Slayer's Bronze Exhalation frontal cone ability while side-stepping the Timeless Curse.
Chrono-Lord-Deios Boss Guide
Chrono-Lord Deios is the last boss encounter in the Dawn of the Infinite and a 2 Phase boss fight. During Stage 1: We are Infinite, you will have to deal with Infinite Keepers and downing the boss under 20%, after which, Stage 2: Lord of the Infinite will begin. More information, down below:
- Once the boss casts Infinity Orb, make sure you have one person soaking one of the ground puddles so you can stagger the 2nd explosion of the follow-up effect - Infinity Nova.
- During the Summon Infinite Keeper channel, everyone must swap and nuke down each Infinite Keeper before they are able to swap reinforcements - Time-Displaced Trooper. Keep in mind two things: first, each Infinite Keeper will keep on casting Infinite Blast and Chronal Burn (you can dispel that) and, upon ,death will trigger Collapsing Time Rift, damaging Chrono-Lord Deios.
- During Stage 2: Lord of the Infinite, make sure you avoid the ground puddles coming from Infinite Corruption. They will also leave a Temporal Scar lingering ichors that are advised not to stay in.
- When the boss reaches 10%, Nozdormu will be freed, granting you extra powers.
- Aim the Temporal Breath frontal away from your teammates.
- Drag the boss closer to each Infinite Keeper, so your party can easily cleave them together.
- Infinity Orb will repeat throughout the whole fight, so make sure you have your cooldowns ready in case 2 of the debuffs go through simultaneously.
- If Infinite Keeper casts Chronal Burn, dispel it immediately.
Dawn of the Infinite Loot Table
|1H Sword||Chronikar's Ceremonial Saber||Haste/Mastery|
|Cloth Chest||Bronze Defender's Vesture||Haste/Mastery|
|Plate Wrist||Zealous Commander's Cuffs||Vers/Mastery|
|Mail Legs||Timeways Intruder's Greaves||Crit/Vers|
|Leather Feet||Vigorous Sandstompers||Haste/Mastery|
|1H Mace||Conflux Caller's Baton||Int, Crit/Vers|
|Dagger||Nick of Time||Haste/Vers|
|Mail Wrist||Timeway Sojourner's Bracelet||Haste/Crit|
|Leather Hands||Fading Chronogrips||Mastery/Haste|
|Cloth Waist||Mobius Strap||Haste/Vers|
|Plate Waist||Unwinding Eon Girdle||Crit/Haste|
Blight of Galakrond
|1H Axe||Fallen Drake's Bonesplitter||Mastery/Vers|
|Off-Hand||Ancestor's Necromantic Focus||Haste/Crit|
|Mail Head||Loszkeleth's Blighted Skullhelm||Crit/Vers|
|Plate Shoulder||Dazhak's Dessicated Wingbones||Haste/Vers|
|Leather Chest||Ahnzon's Corroded Carapace||Crit/Mastery|
|Cloth Boots||Imbued Frostweave Slippers||Vers/Crit|
Iridikron the Stonescaled
|Staff||Iridal, the Earth's Master||Haste/Vers|
|Plate Head||Incarnate's Perceptive Casque||Haste/Mastery|
|Cloth Shoulder||Mantle of Meticulous Plans||Haste/Mastery|
|Mail Hands||Stonecracker Knuckles||Mastery/Crit|
|Leather Legs||Galakrond's Voracious Hide||Haste/Crit|
Tyr, the Infinite Keeper
|2H Mace||The Infinite Hand||Haste/Vers|
|Cloth Head||Crown of the Infinite Lord||Haste/Vers|
|Leather Shoulder||Titanic Shouldersparks||Crit/Haste|
|Mail Chest||Temple Acolyte's Uniform||Vers/Mastery|
|Plate Boots||Marbled Oathstone Greatboots||Vers/Crit|
|Dagger||Morchie's Distorted Spellblade||Haste/Mastery|
|Leather Wrist||Chronomancer's Stasis Shackles||Vers/Mastery|
|Cloth Hands||Familiar's Frayed Gloves||Haste/Crit|
|Mail Waist||Reality-Warping Waistband||Mastery/Haste|
|Plate Legs||Greaves of Parallel Lives||Haste/Vers|
|2h Axe||Gorehowl, Might of the Warchief||Mastery/Crit|
|1H Mace||Cudgel of Bygone Victories||Agi, Crit/Haste|
|1H Sword||Quel'Zaram, High Blade of the Lion||Mastery/Crit|
|Leather Head||Hood of Perpetual Conflict||Crit/Haste|
|Plate Chest||Unceasing Footman's Breastplate||Mastery/Haste|
|Cloth Wrist||Arathi Field Bandages||Crit/Mastery|
|Mail Feet||Grunt's Eternal Treads||Haste/Mastery|
|Off-Hand||Murozond's Timeless Scale||Haste/Crit|
|Mail Shoulder||Chrono-Lord's Wingspan||Mastery/Vers|
|Plate Hands||Displaced Trooper's Gauntlets||Crit/Vers|
|Leather Waist||Belt of the Eternal Struggle||Haste/Crit|
|Cloth Legs||Leggings of the New Dawn||Crit/Vers|
|Trinket||Mirror of Fractured Tomorrows||Int/Agi/Str|
|Mount||Reins of the Quantum Courser|
Dawn of the Infinite Achievements
There are 8 total achievements to obtain in Dawn of the Infinite:
|Put That Thing Back Where It Came From||Within a single run, defeat all bosses in Dawn of the Infinite and restore the four time-lost artifacts without any player dying on Mythic difficulty.|
|Defender of the Timeways||Defeat all bosses in Dawn of the Infinite on Mythic Difficulty before the release of the next raid tier.|
|Dawn of the Infinite: Galakronds Fall||Defeat Iridikron in Dawn of the Infinite.|
|Dawn of the Infinite: Murozonds Rise||Defeat Chrono-Lord Deios in Dawn of the Infinite.|
|A Slime in Need||Defeat Blight of Galakrond after allowing a lost slime to hop on your back and then getting hit by Blight Reclamation in Dawn of the Infinite on Mythic difficulty.|
|Crunch Time||Defeat Chronikar after she shatters an Infused Hourglass with Eon Shatter in Dawn of the Infinite on Mythic difficulty.|
|Chaotic Time||Defeat Manifested Timeways after activating 3 Chaotic Time portals in Dawn of the Infinite on Mythic difficulty.|
|Back En-masse||Defeat Tyr, the Infinite Keeper, after closing 18 Time Rifts in Dawn of the Infinite on Mythic difficulty.|
- 04 Sep. 2023: Heroic mode added in Patch 10.1.7.
- 06 Jul. 2023: Guide added.
- Great Vault Requirement Changes in Patch 10.2
- Renown Catch-Up for Alts Available in Patch 10.2
- Hunters Receive Raid Cooldown in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
- Scarab and Demon Bike Mounts in Patch 10.2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.2 PTR Dev Notes: September 27th
- Many Updated Models in 10.2: Old World Revamp Coming?
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 3
- Will Patch 10.2 Release on November 7?