Demonology Warlock PvP Best Races and Racials (Dragonflight / Patch 10.0.7)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Demonology Warlock PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Demonology Warlock PvP
- Dark Iron Dwarf
- Void Elf
Dark Iron Dwarf Racials
The Dark Iron Dwarf racial bonus ( Fireblood) removes all bleeds, poisons, magical, and curse debuffs and increases your primary stat by 750 and an additional 250 for each effect removed. This is a great racial to use defensively. However, you can use this to remove debuffs right before you use your burst rotation to increase your primary stat.
The Human racial bonus ( Will to Survive) is a great way to get out of stuns. If you think you will be the focus target versus teams with multiple stuns, this race allows you to play Relentless. This will help increase your overall survivability. It is also important to note that Humans also have The Human Spirit. This increases your secondary stats (Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, Versatility). This is another beneficial reason to play Human.
Void Elf Racials
The most important part of being a Void Elf is the Preternatural Calm racial. This causes your spell casts to no longer be delayed when taking damage. This is great, because even when you are the primary target, you will still be able to deal maximum damage and cast crowd control. Spatial Rift can also be mentioned, because the teleport it provides gives you additional mobility and will help your survivability.
Best Horde Races for Demonology Warlock PvP
The Orc racial bonus ( Hardiness) is great for reducing the duration of stuns on you. This is absolutely the best Horde racial to have if you are primarily focusing on PvP. In addition to Hardiness, Orcs also have the Blood Fury racial. This is off the global cooldown and should be used when you are using your burst rotation.
The Undead racial bonus ( Will of the Forsaken) removes any Charm, Fear or Sleep effect from you. This is a great racial versus specializations, like Destruction Warlocks, that are able to fear you constantly throughout an arena match. It is important to note that this does share a 30-second cooldown with Gladiator's Medallion, so it is advised to only use it when you do not want to waste Gladiators Medallion.
The Troll racial bonus ( Berserking) grants you a large amount of Haste. You should activate this ability right before you are using important cooldowns or to cast crowd control faster. Another racial to note is Da Voodoo Shuffle. This significantly reduces the duration of slows on you and will help when kiting enemy players that are focusing you.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- Updated Best Alliance Races.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.
- 26 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 09 Aug. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 27 Oct. 2020: This page was checked for patch 9.0.1 and no updates were necessary.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 13 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective