Demonology Warlock DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Demonology Warlock. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Basics of Stats for Demonology Warlock
The stat priority for a Demonology Warlock is as follows.
1.1. 1 Target
- Critical Strike
When playing with Explosive Potential:
- Critical Strike ≤ Mastery
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
2. Statistics Explanations for Demonology Warlock
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the damage of your spells.
Haste influences the cast speed of all your spells, as well as the number of attacks your demons (outside Wild Imps) can output before despawning. Haste is a desirable stat, as it generates additional resources via Demonic Core and allows for increased Soul Shard generation.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
- 08 Feb. 2019: Updated page to reflect influence of Explosive Potential trait.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 06 Nov. 2018: Updated stats priority and explanation.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 23 Jul. 2018: New sims completed; added a 4-target stat priority for M+ players.
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Vision of Perfection (the 8.2 Cooldown Essence) Changes Coming
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- WoW Classic Beta Coming Soon
- Limit to Stream Crucible of Storms M Progression
- Patch 8.2 Build 30080: Datamining
- Elemental Shaman 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Looking for some help/coaching
- Demo DPS improvement
- Balance Druid 8.1
- War Board
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Brawler's Guild - Stitches