Demonology Warlock DPS Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Demonology Warlock. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Demonology Warlock stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Demonology Warlock
The stat priority for a Demonology Warlock is as follows.
- Critical Strike;
- Mastery ≅ Versatility.
- Critical Strike ≅ Mastery;
This stat priority was determined using a SimulationCraft profile in standard BiS gear with normalized stats. It was meant to simulate a very "average" set of player gear, but you should refer to this information with care. It is highly recommended you sim yourself to determine which stats your character gets maximum benefit out of, as this is subject to change depending on your ratios.
In general, Haste is the most desirable secondary stat. In single-target situations, Critical Strike and (to a lesser degree) Versatility both gain value due to the damage distribution shifting more towards player damage, thus not affected by Mastery. Mastery being related to generally pets/guardian damage is still valuable but becomes gradually more appealing the more targets enter the fray, as the damage profile shifts towards the AoE generated by pets and Implosion.
Most players will notice their stat priority shifts as they acquire higher item levels, due to the variance in scaling.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Diminishing Return on Secondary Stats
At the Shadowlands release a diminishing return system was put in place with different tiers that will incur an increased penalty in the overall stat amount. With acces to a higher total amount of secondary stats in this tier, players can now feel the effect and it could alter some gearing choices.
- From 0 to 30%, there is no penalty.
- From 30% to 39%, there is a 10% penalty.
- From 39% to 47%, there is a 20% penalty.
- From 47% to 54%, there is a 30% penalty.
- From 54% to 66%, there is a 40% penalty.
- From 66% to 126%, there is a 50% penalty.
- You can not get more than 126% from gear rating.
In practical terms it should not have much of an impact when using SimulationCraft/Raidbot as the tools are already accounting for it.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
Your stat priority has a direct impact on your gem, enchant, and consumable choices, and you can find recommendations for all 3 on our dedicated page below.
Statistics Explanations for Demonology Warlock
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the damage of your spells.
Haste influences the cast speed of all your spells, as well as the number of attacks your demons (outside Wild Imps) can output before despawning. Haste is a desirable stat, as it generates additional resources via Demonic Core and allows for increased Soul Shard generation.
Mastery, through Mastery: Master Demonologist, increases the damage dealt by your demons. When playing with either Demonic Consumption or Nether Portal, it becomes the most desirable stat.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 15 Dec. 2022: Clarified the priority list reasoning.
- 14 Dec. 2022: Split the stats priority between single and multitarget.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Warlock Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective