Fire Mage PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Fire Mage PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Fire Mage in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Mages.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay and playstyle. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Fire Mage.
- Night Fae is the best Covenant to choose. This gives you strong abilities that can reduce the cooldown of your abilities and give you strong kiting potential.
- Kyrian is another of the Covenants you can choose. This gives you a very large burst with Radiant Spark and an additional heal.
Depending on your playstyle, both are great choices. Kyrian is more for large burst windows with Combustion while Night Fae allows you to have more mobility and have shorter cooldowns. Most mages opt for Night Fae, however Kyrian can be situationally good. With the changes to Radiant Spark and the Unity, Kyrian becomes even stronger this patch, being able to output very significant amounts of damage.
Best Soulbinds for Fire Mage in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Kyrian.
Here is the Soulbind path you should take if you choose Night Fae.
During this path, you will have access to a powerful cheat death mechanic known as Podtender, and you will also gain value from Soothing Voice, which applies a 90% slow to enemies after you CC them. You also receive Field of Blossoms, which provides a slight buff to Haste. Finally, Dream Delver will give a baseline 3% additional damage to enemy targets.
Best Conduits for Fire Mage in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Fire Mage in PvP
- Infernal Cascade increases your fire damage by a percentage during Combustion. This is the best Potency Conduit you can have, as you roughly gain 20% increased fire damage during your Combustion.
- Controlled Destruction is great for just increasing Pyroblast damage.
- Ire of the Ascended makes Radiant Spark increase the damage the target takes significantly more.
- Discipline of the Grove is a very good Potency Conduit for Night Fae, further reducing cooldowns on Shifting Power.
Best Endurance Conduits for Fire Mage in PvP
- Diverted Energy makes your barriers heal you for a percentage of damage absorbed. This is very good with one Legendary called Triune Ward.
- Tempest Barrier provides a shield after you Shimmer for a portion of HP.
- Cryo-Freeze allows Ice Block to heal you for a majority of your HP inside of it. This is a great conduit for double DPS 2v2 or situations where you need to get a lot of HP back by yourself.
Best Finesse Conduits for Fire Mage in PvP
- Grounding Surge allows for when you successfully Counterspell an enemy to receive a few seconds off that ability.
- Flow of Time reduces the cooldown of Blink, making it a little easier to kite and be able to land CC.
Best Legendaries for Fire Mage in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Fire Mage.
The ability to equip 2 Legendaries has made a large impact on Fire Mage. The Unity power grants access to your Covenant-specific Legendary, while letting you equip another Legendary in another slot. These powers are Death's Fathom, Sinful Delight, Heart of the Fae and Harmonic Echo.
Kyrian has gained the most benefit from this addition, with Radiant Spark doing an additional 25% damage to the main target, and with the changes in Patch 9.2 making Radiant Spark undispellable, Kyrian will be a lot more prominent. However Night Fae will still likely be the favored Covenant, with Shifting Power now being able to be cast whilst moving as well as gaining Haste and Critical Strike. The Necrolord Legendary Death's Fathom is also quite a strong choice, giving RNG procs of Deathborne and increasing spell damage for each enemy hit by Fireball.
- Triune Ward was previously the strongest Legendary for Fire Mages. This Legendary makes it so you receive all 3 barriers from each spec at 35% effectiveness. Not only do you receive a larger barrier, but you also receive the magical benefits of all 3 barriers.
- Fevered Incantation allows for slightly more damage when you are repeatedly critting. This is a safe Legendary that will be strong in many situations.
- Disciplinary Command is the strongest of the Legendary options that many are opting to use after Patch 9.1.5. This increases your critical hit damage by 20% after casting each school of magic. This is very strong paired with Combustion.
- As of Patch 9.2, Disciplinary Command is still the strongest Legendary for Fire Mages, however Triune Ward and Fevered Incantation are both viable options and can be used depending on your playstyle.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Page updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 10 Dec. 2020: Page added.
- Awesome Hard Mode 4 Ahn'Qiraj Season of Mastery World First Clear Video
- Anduin as the Lich King (AI-Generated Art Piece)
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Invite Wave Went Out
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 24th - Class Tuning
- Upcoming Class Tuning: June 28th
- Will Dragonflight Release in November 2022?
- Dragonflight Pre-Order Pet Double the Size of the Player Character
- Naxxramas New Season of Mastery Features Teased