Fire Mage PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Fire Mage PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Fire Mage in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Mages.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay and playstyle. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Fire Mage.
- Kyrian is one of the Covenants you can choose. This gives you a very large burst with Radiant Spark and an additional heal.
- Night Fae is another good Covenant to choose. This gives you strong abilities that can reduce the cooldown of your abilities and give you strong kiting potential.
- Depending on your playstyle, both are great choices. Kyrian is more for large burst windows with Combustion while Night Fae allows you to have more mobility and have shorter cooldowns.
Best Soulbinds for Fire Mage in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Kyrian.
At the end of this path, you will gain reduction from magic damage from Let Go of the Past.
Here is the Soulbind path you should take if you choose Night Fae.
During this path, you will have access to a powerful cheat death mechanic known as Podtender, and you will also gain value from Soothing Voice, which applies a 90% slow to enemies after you CC them. Finally, Field of Blossoms provides a slight buff to haste.
Best Conduits for Fire Mage in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Fire Mage in PvP
- Infernal Cascade increases your fire damage by a percentage during Combustion. This is the best Potency Conduit you can have, as you roughly gain 20% increased fire damage during your Combustion.
- Controlled Destruction is great for just increasing Pyroblast damage.
- Ire of the Ascended makes Radiant Spark increase the damage the target takes significantly more.
Best Endurance Conduits for Fire Mage in PvP
- Diverted Energy makes your barriers heal you for a percentage of damage absorbed. This is very good with one Legendary called Triune Ward.
- Tempest Barrier provides a shield after you Shimmer for a portion of HP.
- Cryo-Freeze allows Ice Block to heal you for a majority of your HP inside of it. This is a great conduit for double DPS 2v2 or situations where you need to get a lot of HP back by yourself.
Best Finesse Conduits for Fire Mage in PvP
- Grounding Surge allows for when you successfully Counterspell an enemy to receive a few seconds off that ability.
- Flow of Time reduces the cooldown of Blink, making it a little easier to kite and be able to land CC.
Best Legendaries for Fire Mage in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Fire Mage.
- Triune Ward is the best Legendary for Fire Mages. This Legendary makes it so you receive all 3 barriers from each spec at 65% effectiveness. Not only do you receive a very large barrier, but you also receive the benefits of all 3.
- Fevered Incantation allows for slightly more damage when you are repeatedly critting. This is a safe Legendary that will be quite good in many situations.
- Firestorm has a very low proc rate, but when it procs, allows for very high damage, making all Pyroblasts and Flamestrikes instant for 4 seconds. If this procs, you could have a very large spike in damage.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 10 Dec. 2020: Page added.
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1
- Valor Upgrade Requirement Changes in Patch 9.1
- From the Vault: The Burning Crusade Classic Collection
- Big Consecration Threat Bug Causing Havoc in BCC
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 14: Re-Return of the (Boom)King + Boss Only Logs