Restoration Shaman PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Restoration Shaman PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Restoration Shamans in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Shaman.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Restoration Shaman.
- Necrolord is the best Covenant you can choose. This gives you another Riptide and allows you to heal all targets with Riptide hot on them with Healing Wave. It also provides you with an absorption shield, which can be a useful additional shield or to stop incoming crowd-control.
Best Soulbinds for Restoration Shamans in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Necrolord.
This Soulbind allows you to use Fleshcraft as an immunity to crowd-control, which will give you an advantage in matches against Mages, Warlocks, and Druids which all have spammable crowd-control abilities.
This Soulbind path is more defensive, which should help you withstand the amount of melee compositions which will be present early in the Shadowlands expansion. Other Soulbind paths may be selected for more Intellect later in the patch.
Best Conduits for Restoration Shamans in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types.
Best Potency Conduits for Restoration Shamans in PvP
- Tumbling Waves gives you the chance to get even more Riptides, which is significant, as this will make up the majority of your healing. It also gives Healing Wave a chance to heal all targets with Riptide more often, leading to more healing throughput.
- Swirling Currents provides significant healing throughput even with Riptide, which will make up a significant portion of the Restoration Shaman's healing without casting. Weaving the use of Healing Stream Totem with other heals results in a fun playstyle as well as more throughput. This helps you get into the habit of using Healing Stream Totem more often.
- Embrace of Earth's viability is enhanced by Earth Shield's strength in Shadowlands. As the expansion progresses and Conduits rank up, this Conduit will become more and more valuable over time.
Best Endurance Conduits for Restoration Shamans in PvP
- Refreshing Waters will significantly improve your self-healing, which is extremely important, especially when combined with the Swelling Waves PvP Talent.
- Vital Accretion provides a total health point buff which can help temporarily keep you alive through cooldowns. Just remember that this only lasts for 1 minute.
Best Finesse Conduits for Restoration Shamans in PvP
- Thunderous Paws is great for a slight burst of movement speed for kiting enemy teams.
- Totemic Surge could be valuable as the Conduit ranks up and the cooldown reduction increases.
Best Legendaries for Restoration Shamans in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Restoration Shaman.
- Earthen Harmony provides significant healing for you or your or teammates since Earth Shield can be applied to your teammates while you usually use Water Shield when not being focused by the other team. The buff to Earth Shield in Shadowlands (increasing healing received by 20% from the Restoration Shaman), makes it even more critical to have the Earth Shield on your teammate taking the most damage.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated to prepare for first PvP Season Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Shadowlands Season 2 Vicious Mounts Preview
- Rogue Class Changes in Patch 9.0.5 Build 37623
- TCG Pet Bananas Becomes Charity Pet
- No New Customization Options Planned for Shadowlands
- Burning Crusade Classic Will Be Based Off the Final Patch, No Class Tuning and "Some Changes"
- The Wandering Ancient Mount Is Coming in Patch 9.0.5!
- Shadowlands Pathfinder Only Requires Completing the Covenant Campaign
- BlizzConline World of Warcraft Q&A Recap