The Underrot Dungeon Guide: Location, Boss Strategies, Trash, and Loot
Welcome to our guide to the Underrot dungeon in Season 2 of the Dragonflight World of Warcraft expansion. This guide will cover everything you need to know about the dungeon, including how to get to it, its layout, the trash and boss mechanics within, and its loot.
Getting into Underrot
Underrot is a max-level dungeon located in Nazmir, Zandalar. You can quickly access the portals in each capital city (Orgimmar or Stormwind).nazmir
This guide will focus on an extensive overview of the dungeon, providing vital information to increase your chance of completing the key. We will cover all 4 boss fights supported by the most notable trash enemies in the dungeon and their important abilities. If you would like to learn about the rest of the dungeon in Season 2, please see our overviews linked below. Otherwise, without further ado, let us begin!
Sanctuary of Blood and Elder Leaxa
Notable Trash Before Elder Leaxa
- Fetid Maggot is the first enemy you will be facing here; there is only one ability you should do your best to stop, and that is Rotten Bile.
- Focus on killing Chosen Blood Matron quickly, as their Blood Harvest & Savage Cleave combo will leave you in a critical condition. In addition, the longer the mob stays alive, the more, the harder it will be to deal with the surrounding trash due to its uninterruptable buff - Warcry.
- Use your defensive cooldowns when dealing with Underrot Tick, upon death, they will Blood Burst. In addition, they will leave a stackable Bleed effect on your tank - Blood Maw, hence why it is important to quickly nuke it.
- Devout Blood Priest is going to be the most important caster mob in this area, they can fully heal either themselves or any other mob with Dark Reconstitution, cast a dangerous Blood Bolt direct spell and buff an enemy with Gift of G'huun. Use all of your interrupts on this mob, as every cast is important to be stopped.
- Use your defensive cooldowns if you are caught in one of the Fanatical Headhunter's Hooked Snare.
- If you get targeted by Befouled Spirit's Dark Omen, use your defensive cooldown as you can't stop the cast otherwise. Harrowing Despair must be interrupted at all times.
Elder Leaxa Boss Guide
- Interrupt Blood Bolt.
- Side-step Elder Leaxa's Sanguine Feast. It will jump on a random player's location, hence why it is important to be closer to the boss.
- Avoid the Creeping Rot frontal.
- When Elder Leaxa is casting Blood Mirror, shift your focus towards the Blood Effigy, as the spawn will have the same abilities as the boss. Kill it quickly before you run out of interrupts and wipe!
- Once Blood Effigy has spawned, move closer to the add to enable more efficient 2-target cleave from your party members.
- Quickly top up the Taint of G'huun debuff.
- Keep people at full health after they have received damage from Blood Bolt.
The Rotten Field and Cragmaw
Notable Trash Before Cragmaw
Once you defeat Elder Leaxa head down the bridge to meet the next obstacle of Underrot - Cragmaw. Before this, here is the trash you will face:
- Feral Bloodswarmer is the hardest mob in this area because of its relentless Thirst For Blood. It will randomly select a party member from your group and chase it down until to re-fixate someone else. Use your party-wide utility to stop the mob from coming close to you. In addition, interrupt its Sonic Screech cast.
- Avoid the Living Rot's Foul Sludge ground visuals. Don't waste your extra kicks on Wave of Decay; you can simply run out of the pool of decay!
- Interrupt Diseased Lasher's Decaying Mind at all cost; failing to do so will likely result in a death. In the case it goes through, you can Dispel it!
- Your tank must pay attention to Fallen Deathspeaker's Wicked Frenzy; you can't interrupt it, but you can use stun or disturb effects to stop it. If this goes through, you will have a follow-up effect - Wicked Assault. In addition, interrupt its Raise Dead cast.
- Reanimated Guardian is the last non-boss-enemy you will face here; they have no other ability than Bone Shield; you can damage to break it or use Purge effects to remove it!
Cragmaw Boss Guide
- Stack together near a wall to "bait" the Charge.
- Step away from the Indigestion frontal.
- Use your defensive cooldowns when Tantrum has been cast. Use your movement speed abilities to collect the ground puddles during its channel.
- During any of the Cragmaw's abilities, the boss will have a follow-up effect called Infested. Essentially each of the boss's abilities will spawn several ground puddles; if unsoaked for 8 seconds, they will Metamorphosis into Blood Tick. And if you remember this mob from earlier, it will Blood Burst upon death and leave a stackable Bleed effect on your tank - Blood Maw.
- Once you get fixated by the Indigestion, do not move since the frontal will follow you!
- Help your team collect as many ground puddles as you can during the Tantrum channel.
- Communicate with your team accordingly to ensure you always have either defensive cooldowns or your healing cooldowns for Tantrum channel.
Ruins of Xal'vor and Sporecaller Zancha
Notable Trash Before Sporecaller Zancha
- Grotesque Horror will trigger upon walking closer to them; they can be crowd-control in case you don't have enough interrupts for its Death Bolt cast.
- Bloodsworn Defiler is the hardest mob here; here are a few things to do when facing it: First, you always want to interrupt Shadow Bolt Volley, followed by the second priority to interrupt - Withering Curse. When Summon Spirit Drain Totem has been cast; step away to prevent you from dying!
Sporecaller Zancha Boss Guide
- If you get targeted by Upheaval, use it on any remaining Boundless Rot. Your main goal here is to make sure to clear all Boundless Rot before the deadly Festering Harvest.
- If you get in touch with any of the Volatile Pods, you will get a frontload damage + Decaying Spores stackable Disease effect. And yes, Decaying Spores stacks can be dispelled.
- You can use the Shockwave to remove the remaining Boundless Rot before the Festering Harvest cast. Just be careful not to hit any party member!
- If you do have a Disease dispel, do it if anyone has Decaying Spores stacks.
- During the Festering Harvest, be mindful that if anyone gets hit by any flying spores, use your healing on them!
Ruin's Descent and Unbound Abomination
Notable Trash Before Unbound Abomination
Once you have defeated Sporecaller Zancha, head down towards the final part of the dungeon, where you will meet Unbound Abomination. Here is more information on the non-boss-enemies that awaits you:
- The only new enemy you will face here will be Faceless Corruptor. Those mobs are extremely dangerous due to their one-shot frontal ability - Maddening Gaze and lethal ground effect - Abyssal Reach. It is safe to say that you want to avoid pulling more than one per pack!
Unbound Abomination Boss Guide
The boss fight is simple, yet many people play it wrong. One major thing to keep in mind is that throughout the fight, Titan Keeper Hezrel will help you out with any incoming Blood Visage by casting Purge Corruption. In addition, it will also help you manage the magical debuffs throughout the fight, offering you a cleanse! Here is a more detailed overview of the fight:
- You will need to break 3 times Unbound Abomination's Blood Barrier to defeat the boss. Each time you break it, 2x Blood Visages will spawn. The trick here is not to allocate any damage cooldowns to them as the Titan Keeper Hezrel will kill them with Purge Corruption & Holy Bolt.
- Every couple of seconds, the boss will apply Putrid Blood to all players in your party, use the incoming Cleansing Light to remove the stacks of the whole party. Using Dispel and Immunity can also get rid of the Putrid Blood stacks!
- Stack together as a team and move forward once your team members get targeted by Vile Expulsion. This way, you will avoid frontal damage and be far away from the pockets of corruption. Just keep in mind that after every Vile Expulsion frontal Rotting Spore will spawn, slowly moving towards you, any damage will break it, and disturbing effects can also influence them!
- Taunt any nearby Blood Visages to prevent any casulties by taking the aggro!
- Move the boss forward once you see Vile Expulsion has been cast to create a safe space without any pockets of corruption on the ground.
- Dispel any Putrid Blood stacks from your party members to ease the fight. You might want to rotate their defensive cooldowns paired with your dispels to make it easier.
|1H Mace||Leaxa's Thought-Piercer||Haste/Crit|
|Leather Wrist||Blood Elder's Bindings||Crit/Mastery|
|Mail Waist||Waistguard of Sanguine Fervor||Haste/Vers|
|Plate Legs||Legplates of Profane Sacrifice||Haste/Crit|
|Ring||Loop of Pulsing Veins||Haste/Mastery|
|Trinket||Rotcrusted Voodoo Doll||Int|
Cragmaw the Infested
|Fist Weapon||Bile-Stained Crawg Tusks||Agi|
|Dagger||Heart-Piercing Stalactite||Agi, Mastery/Crit|
|Plate Wrist||Phosphorescent Armplates||Crit/Mastery|
|Cloth Wrist||Wristwraps of Twined Morels||Vers/Crit|
|Mail Hands||Blood Tick Crushers||Crit/Vers|
|Leather Hands||Underrot Grotto Tenders||Haste/Crit|
|Leather Waist||Bloodfeaster Belt||Haste/Mastery|
|Cloth Legs||Darklight Legwarmers||Crit/Haste|
|Plate Boots||Fluorescent Flora Stompers||Haste/Vers|
|Mail Boots||Waders of the Infested||Mastery/Vers|
|2H Axe||Corruption Borne Headlopper||Mastery/Vers|
|Shield||Targe of the Ancient Warder||Crit/Mastery|
|Plate Waist||Zancha's Venerated Greatbelt||Mastery/Vers|
|Mail Legs||Corpuscular Greaves||Haste/Crit|
|Leather Legs||Pustule Bearer's Pants||Crit/Vers|
|Cloth Boots||Blood Warder's Moccasins||Vers/Mastery|
|Hands||Gloves of Staunched Wounds||Haste/Vers|
|Trinket||Vial of Animated Blood||Mastery|
|Mount||Underrot Crawg Harness|
There are 8 total achievements to obtain in Underrot:
|Underrot||Defeat the Unbound Abomination in Underrot.|
|Heroic: Underrot||Defeat the Unbound Abomination in Underrot on Heroic difficulty or higher.|
|Mythic: Underrot||Defeat the Unbound Abomination in Underrot on Mythic difficulty.|
|Mythic: Underrot Guild Run||Defeat the Unbound Abomination in Underrot on Mythic difficulty while in a guild group.|
|Keystone Hero: The Underrot||Complete Underrot at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit.|
|Not a Fun Guy||Defeat Musashitake, then defeat Sporecaller Zancha in Underrot on Mythic difficulty.|
|Sporely Alive||Defeat the Unbound Abomination without any Rotting Spores dying in Underrot on Mythic difficulty.|
|Taint Nobody Got Time For That||Defeat Elder Leaxa without any party member receiving the Taint of G'huun in Underrot on Mythic difficulty.|
- 04 Sep. 2023: No further changes required for 10.1.7 Patch.
- 10 Jul. 2023: No further changes required for the 10.1.5 Patch.
- 09 May 2023: Page added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)