Unholy Death Knight DPS Macros and Addons — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Unholy Death Knight in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Generic Macros for Death Knights
- #showtooltip Raise Ally
- /cast [@mouseover,help][@target]Raise Ally
This macro casts Raise Ally on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player. Otherwise, it casts Raise Ally on your current target.
- #showtooltip Mind Freeze
- /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Mind Freeze
This macro allows you to interrupt your focus target, if you have one, and if not to simply interrupt your current target.
Specific Macros for Unholy Death Knights
Outbreak Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Outbreak
- /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Outbreak; Outbreak
This macro will cast Outbreak on your mouseover target.
- /petdismiss [pet]
This macro allows you to dismiss your pet, which might be required for dungeons, especially if you also have All Will Serve talent.
Generic Addons for Death Knights
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
mRunes is a useful Runic System UI replacement addon that will allow you to keep better track of your resources.
Omen Threat Meter
Omen Threat Meter is the most popular addon for displaying the current threat levels on your target. We recommend you to use it to avoid taking aggro when the tank is still building up threat on an enemy.
TellMeWhen is an extremely useful addon with a user-friendly interface that allows you to track a multitude of things, from internal cooldowns, to buffs, debuffs, and procs.
Grid and GridClickSets (Optional)
ElvUI comes with decent raid frames. The only real reason for using Grid and GridClickSets is if you want to be able to mouseover dead raid or party members in order to resurrect them with Raise Ally. If you choose to go with Grid, then you might want to also use GridStatusRaidDebuff.
Specific Addons for Unholy Death Knights
Currently, we do not believe that you need any additional addons to play your specialisation to its full potential.
- 14 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 30 Jul. 2018: Removed Corpse Shield from the macro list.
- End of Fall of the Lich King Remastered Cinematic
- How Addons Affect Raid Design - A Morgan Day Interview
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Horde Players (US)
- Class Balance Changes: February 25th
- Horrific Visions Changes Coming on February 25
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Alliance Players (EU)
- Don't Forget to Opt In for Shadowlands Beta
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 20th
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide
- Fire Mage PvP 8.3
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Fury Warrior 8.3
- Assassination Rogue 8.3
- Frost Death Knight PvP 8.3
- Titan Research Archive
- Unholy Aoe Question