Unholy Death Knight DPS Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Unholy Death Knight in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Generic Macros for Death Knights
- #showtooltip Raise Ally
- /cast [@mouseover,help][@target]Raise Ally
This macro casts Raise Ally on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player. Otherwise, it casts Raise Ally on your current target.
- #showtooltip Mind Freeze
- /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Mind Freeze
This macro allows you to interrupt your focus target, if you have one, and if not to simply interrupt your current target.
Specific Macros for Unholy Death Knights
These two macros help reduce the number of buttons you need to press in your opener! The first one also automatically uses the best Potion available to you!
- #showtooltip Summon Gargoyle
- /cast Summon Gargoyle
- /cast Dark Transformation
- /use Fleeting Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power
- /use Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power
- /use Elemental Potion of Power
- /cast Dark Transformation
Here is your second one for when you cast Unholy Assault!
- #showtooltip Unholy Assault
- /cast Unholy Assault
- /cast Empower Rune Weapon
- /use 13
Outbreak Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Outbreak
- /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Outbreak; Outbreak
This macro will cast Outbreak on your mouseover target.
- /petdismiss [pet]
This macro allows you to dismiss your pet, which might be required for dungeons, especially if you also have All Will Serve talent.
- #showtooltip Death and Decay
- /cast [@cursor] Death and Decay
- #showtooltip Anti-magic Zone
- /cast [@cursor] Anti-magic Zone
These macros allow you to quickly plant your Death and Decay or Anti-Magic Zone on your cursor.
Controlling your pet is a great way of optimizing your DPS and gameplay, here are some useful macros for that!
Move to pet to where you want.
Make it follow you so it does not get stuck somewhere!
Resummoning the pet is sometimes the last resort to get it to you. This macro will dismiss your pet if you have it and raise it if you do not. Be careful to spam this as it can accidentally dismiss your pet twice, leaving you waiting for 30 seconds before you can summon it again.
- /script PetDismiss()
- /cast [nopet] Raise Dead
Controlling an Undead creature in dungeons is generally a major DPS downgrade for Unholy. However, it is sometimes needed for hard CC. The macro below automatically dismisses the controlled pet, and then controls it straight afterwards:
- #showtooltip Control Undead
- /target pet
- /script PetDismiss()
- /cast Control Undead
Generic Addons for Death Knights
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
Omen Threat Meter
Omen Threat Meter is the most popular addon for displaying the current threat levels on your target. We recommend you to use it to avoid taking aggro when the tank is still building up threat on an enemy.
TellMeWhen is an extremely useful addon with a user-friendly interface that allows you to track a multitude of things, from internal cooldowns, to buffs, debuffs, and procs.
Grid and GridClickSets (Optional)
ElvUI comes with decent raid frames. The only real reason for using Grid and GridClickSets is if you want to be able to mouseover dead raid or party members to resurrect them with Raise Ally. If you choose to go with Grid, then you might want to also use GridStatusRaidDebuff.
Specific Addons for Unholy Death Knights
Currently, we do not believe that you need any additional addons to play your specialisation to its full potential.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 30 Apr. 2023: Reviewed and Updated for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)