Unholy Death Knight DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Unholy Death Knight, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
Best Gems for Unholy Death Knights
Best Enchants for Unholy Death Knights
|Weapon||Rune of the Fallen Crusader|
For your Ring enchant Enchant Ring - Tenet of Mastery is the most commonly used and will usually be your best choice. It is still recommended that you sim your character to see which enchant is the best for your gear.
Consumables for Unholy Death Knights
Best Flasks, Oils, Potions for Unholy
Spectral Flask of Power should be used for Raids and Mythic+ encounters.
Shaded Sharpening Stone should be placed on your weapon to provide passive damage. These are usually very cheap so you can use them for all encounters.
- Potion of Spectral Strength should be used for both single-target and AoE scenarios.
Warlock Healthstones and Spiritual Healing Potion should be used when at low health.
Best Food for Unholy
Use Iridescent Ravioli with Apple Sauce is your Mastery food buff of choice.
Best Armor Kit for Unholy
Use Heavy Desolate Armor Kit where you feel as though you need more Stamina for increased survivability.
Augment Runes for Unholy
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
For a more detailed breakdown on Unholy Death Knight stats and how gems, enchants, and consumables interact with your stats, please check out our dedicated stat page linked below.
Death Knight Runeforges for Unholy
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader: The staple Runeforge for Unholy Death Knights, you will always see this Runeforge used in both Mythic+ and Raid content.
- Rune of Hysteria: A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that does not provide as much damage as Rune of the Fallen Crusader.
- Rune of Razorice: This Runeforge has more of a place with Frost Death Knights since Unholy does no frost damage.
- Rune of Sanguination: A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that provides a small execute effect for Death Strike and a small cheat death mechanic. This Runeforge has more of a place in PvP as opposed to PvE content and is a viable Runeforge for Torghast.
- Rune of Spellwarding: A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that provides small defense towards casters making it more geared towards PvP situations.
- Rune of the Apocalypse: A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that is currently very weak compared to other options especially Rune of the Fallen Crusader.
- Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle: This Runeforge is a defensive option that does not see play for Unholy.
- Rune of Unending Thirst: A new Runeforge in Shadowlands that is commonly used for leveling since it provides movement speed, Haste, and heals when you kill an enemy.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 19 Jan. 2021: Guide reviewed and completely updated.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated the recommended consumables.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands Release, added new enchants and oil.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!