Waycrest Manor Dungeon Guide: Location, Boss Strategies, Trash, and Loot
Welcome to our guide to the Waycrest Manor dungeon in Season 3 of the Dragonflight World of Warcraft expansion. This guide will cover everything you need to know about the dungeon, including how to get to it, its layout, the trash and boss mechanics within, and its loot.
This guide will focus on an extensive overview of the dungeon, providing vital information to increase your chance of completing the key. We will cover all 5 boss fights supported by the most notable trash enemies in the dungeon and their important abilities. If you would like to learn about the rest of the dungeons in Mythic+, please see our overviews linked below.
Getting into Waycrest Manor
Waycrest Manor is a max-level dungeon in Drustvar, Kul Tiras. The dungeon is available in both Mythic and Mythic+ mode.
Waycrest Manor Layout
Notable Trash Before Heartsbane Triad
- Interrupt Soul Essence's Scar Soul at all costs. In the case of a danger, you can line off the cast to avoid death.
- Avoid the Bewitched Captain's Shadow Cleave 10 yards frontal while keeping an eye for the Spirited Defense cast. If you can't interrupt it, you can always use a Purge effect to remove the buff.
- Enthralled Guard will only strike your Tank with Captain's Strike and otherwise be harmless to your team.
- Runic Disciple is the mob you should absolutely focus on. Interrupt their single-target damage Runic Bolt and stop at all costs the Spellbind silence effect.
- Interrupt Heartsbane Soulcharmer is the most important mob in this area. First, interrupt her Soul Bolt / Soul Volley AoE damage ability. Second, immediately move all mobs away from Warding Candles when she casts it.
- Interrupt Thistle Acolyte's Drain Essence / Infected Thorn. In case of a Infected Thorn going through, you can always Disease Dispel it.
- At last several Blight Toads will surround Thistle Acolyte, remember that upon death they will trigger Toad Blight, make sure to stand out of it.
Heartsbane Triad Boss Guide
The Heartsbane Triad is the first and one of the hardest bosses in Waycrest Manor in which the group will simultaneously fight Sister Solena first, Sister Malady second and Sister Briar third. You must pay attention to Focusing Iris buff, as the boss that has it is the boss you must focus on, while the rest of the sisters have the Ironbark Shield damage reduction aura. The Heartsbane Triad will rotate once they lose 50% of their health, and each time any of the sisters have Focusing Iris, they will gain a unique spell and aura. At last, each of the sisters will have an energy bar, gaining 2 energy every 1.5 seconds; upon reaching 100, they will cast Dire Ritual, which essentially wipes the whole group (unless you have a magical immunity to survive). More information down below:
- While all sisters will continuously cast single-target spells, like Soul Bolt, Ruinous Bolt and Bramble Bolt depending on the sister, on a random player, it is EXTREMELY important to always interrupt the sister that has the Focusing Iris since her bolt will do extra damage.
- Sister Solena will occasionally cast Soul Manipulation, making sure to damage the mind-controlled target to break them from the charm. During the charm, Sister Solena will have Soul Armor self-aura, reducing her damage taken by 99%. At last, during Sister Solena, Aura of Apathy will be present at all times, and use defensive cooldowns as appropriate. Bonus tip: always stun the mind-controlled person to avoid any unnecessary use of abilities.
- After Sister Solena, the second witch to receive Focusing Iris will be Sister Malady. Be sure to be spread during the Unstable Runic Mark cast. You can Curse Dispel the debuff or use a magical immunity ( Stoneform works too) to remove it. Sister Malady will have Aura of Dread present at all times, to reduce the stacks, make sure to move consistently.
- Once Sister Malady health drops below 50%, she will trigger the last witch - Sister Briar, after which the sequence of the order will reset until the triad is defeated. Outside of her Aura of Thorns, she will cast Jagged Nettles on a random target.
- Use your crowd-control abilities when Sister Solena is casting Soul Manipulation, this way, you can save a global from your DPS and healer as they can focus on breaking the person out.
- When Sister Solena is active, she will have Aura of Apathy. This is a good place to remind your DPS players to use their defensive cooldowns appropriately. Be mindful of your own healing as well!
- During Sister Malady make sure to focus on healing and topping low-health targets to prevent them from dying from the random bolts.
- During Sister Briar is the place to use your healing cooldowns as the group will continuously take damage from Aura of Thorns and the incredible dangerous Jagged Nettles (the only way to get rid of the debuff is my Bleed dispel or top-up their health above 90%).
Notable Trash Before Soulbound Goliath
- Pro tip: The majority of the mobs in this area can be affected by Wildfire; simply drag them on top of the existing fire to take extra damage. This can save you a few seconds throughout the key.
- Interrupt Coven Thornshaper's Infected Thorn, in case it goes through, you can always Disease Dispel it. The mob will also occasionally cast Uproot, make sure to be spread so multiple party members do not overlap at this, and avoid staying in it.
- Thornguard is one of the few tank busters in this dungeon. Beware of Tearing Strike Bleed effect, which becomes quite dangerous during its Enrage (you can Enrage Dispel it) buff. At last, upon death, they will trigger Shatter, and make sure to get away from its body.
- Jagged Hounds will exclusive do tank damage.
- Avoid Matron Bryndle's Splinter Spike ground-spawn. Your Tank must pay extra attention to her Thorned Barrage channel as it is extremely dangerous (use active mitigation).
- Interrupt Dreadwing Raven's Pallid Glare.
Soulbound Goliath Boss Guide
- When the tank resets the Soul Harvest, it will trigger Burning Brush after-effect, use your defensive cooldowns to reduce the incoming damage and help your healer.
- When Burning Brush is present, Burning Souls will appear on the field, attacking nearby enemies for 10 sec. If they get close to you, they will hit you with Burning Fists, which is likely to be lethal when combined with the Burning Brush channel damage.
- The boss will gain a stack of Soul Harvest every 2 sec, making it harder to tank as the fight goes on. This will also make the Crush tank-buster hit extremely hard. You must reset the stacks to avoid being one-shot by walking the boss next to a Wildfire.
- Never reset Soulbound Goliath's Soul Harvest stacks when Soul Thorns is active; you will simply kill the player caught in it.
- When the tank resets the Soul Harvest, it will trigger an Burning Brush after-effect, this is the best point to use your major healing cooldowns.
Raal the Gluttonous
Notable Trash Before Raal the Gluttonous
- Infected Peasant is the easiest non-boss-enemy in this area; they will only autoattack your Tank and be surrounded by Devouring Maggots. Keep in mind that upon killing Infected Peasant, he will trigger its passive - Infected, spawning 3 Devouring Maggots. At last, each Devouring Maggot will cast a Spit on a random target, dealing high initial damage.
- Pro tip: Some Devouring Maggots carry a Parasitic debuff, allowing them to cast Infest on a random party member. If the cast goes through, you will get no % count for the mob, and once the debuff expires, he will spawn out of you another 3 Devouring Maggots that also does not give % count.
- Gorestained Piglet will occasionally cast Snout Smack at your Tank and otherwise be harmless to the rest of your group.
- Beware of Pallid Gorgers as they will cast Ravaging Leap on the furthest target applying Bleed-over-time effect to all enemies within 5 yards. At last, interrupt their Retch! frontal or side-step it.
If you enter The Hunting Lodge area, here are the unique types of mobs that you should be aware of:
- Crazed Marksman is one of the few static mobs in this dungeon, which will continuously Shoot at random targets. If you line of sight them, they will stack in melee, making it much easier to cleave.
- Important mob: Interrupt Maddened Survivalist's Severing Serpent and avoid staying in the Shrapnel Trap when it is cast. The trap is thrown on a ranged player and will continuously stay on the ground until the Maddened Survivalist is defeated.
- Diseased Mastiff will only deal tank damage with their auto-attacks and occasional Diseased Crunch.
Raal the Gluttonous Boss Guide
- Periodically throughout the fight, Raal the Gluttonous will cast Call Servant, enabling 4 Wasting Servants to slowly walk towards him. If they reach the boss's range, they will be consumed and trigger its follow-up non-dispellable debuff - Gluttonous Bile on all party members. This debuff is NOT dispellable and can stack. Your priority must be killing them at all costs!
- Avoid being hit by the Tenderize frontal. Raal the Gluttonous will cast 3 waves of the frontal.
- Avoid being hit by the Rotten Expulsion initial frontal and focus on killing the follow-up Bile Oozelings spawns quickly.
- Collect the aggro from all Bile Oozelings spawns.
- In case of a Gluttonous Bile debuff going through, use your major healing cooldowns to keep your team alive.
Lord and Lady Waycrest
Notable Trash Before Lord and Lady Waycrest
- Beware of Heartsbane Runeweaver's Etch uninterruptible channel cast (use your defensive if you are targetted). In addition, the witch will occasionally cast Runic Mark to a random party member. If you do have a Curse Dispel, here is the perfect time to use it.
- Interrupt Coven Diviner's Soul Bolt. In addition, she will occasionally apply Fragment Soul to your Tank.
- Matron Alma is the second and final "mini-boss" in this dungeon. She will exclusively apply Decaying Touch debuff to your Tank, hence why it is important to dispel it swiftly. In addition, interrupt her Ruinous Volley at all costs. At last, Matron Alma will cast Dread Mark on a random player, regardless of how you deal with it (Curse dispel it or let it expire), be spread at the end of the duration to avoid the follow-up debuff - Lingering Dread.
Lord and Lady Waycrest Boss Guide
Lord and Lady Waycrest is a two-phase boss encounter, with the Phase 1 being semi-exclusive to Lord Waycrest, while Phase 2 will allow you to fight both bosses simultaneously. During Phase 1, you will have to deal with Virulent Pathogen coming from Lord Waycres while dodging Discordant Cadenza ground puddles coming from Lady Waycrest. Once Lord Waycrest reaches ~35-37% HP, Lady Waycrest will cast Vitality Transfer healing him, while she loses 30% HP of hers. This must occur 3 (or until Lady Waycrest is at 10% HP) before Phase 2 starts. More information down below:
- Avoid being hit by Discordant Cadenza ground puddles.
- Lord Waycrest will cast Virulent Pathogen on a random target; if you do have Disease dispel in your party, here is the perfect opportunity to use it. However, if you don't, be aware that when Virulent Pathogen runs out, it will trigger a secondary effect - Contagious Remnants. Be sure to avoid getting hit by the ground effect to avoid having Virulent Pathogen debuff re-applied.
- Lord Waycrest will occasionally cast Wasting Strike on you; this is the time to use active mitigation.
- Each time Lady Waycrest uses Vitality Transfer, Lord Waycrest will gain a stack of Putrid Vitality (maximum of 3 stacks when you fight the boss in Phase 2). Be mindful and manage your defensive cooldowns properly.
- Be mindful of Wracking Chord. Lady Waycrest will continuously cast that through the boss fight.
- Spot-heal your Tank during Wasting Strike, as not only they will get front-load damage but also a damage-over-time effect.
Notable Trash Before Gorak Tul
- When fighting Gloom Horrors the most important thing to remember is that they will Dark Leap on the furthest enemy, cleaving everyone within 5 yards of the impact. A common strategy here is to pre-use your major defensive cooldowns and "bait" the jumps away from your party.
- Pro tip: Be mind full at how many of the Gloom Horrors you will engage at once, as they will be quite tough on your Tank.
Gorak Tul Boss Guide
The final boss of the dungeon, Gorak Tul, is an incredibly tough encounter to face, here is the detailed fight breakdown for you. The most important detail here is to manage the Deathtouched Slaver spawns, as Gorak Tul will roughly spawn them every 25 sec. They will Dark Leap out on the furthest target and have a Death Lens cast to stop. Your goal is to kill them and use Alchemical Fire (periodically spawning on the ground) on top of their corpse before Gorak Tul finishes its Dread Essence (once he reaches 100 energy) resurrection cast. More details down below:
- Swap your damage when Deathtouched Slaver is spawned. If the boss has a while until he reaches maximum energy, or in other words, Dread Essence cast, you can cleave them for more efficient boss damage. At last, if they begin to cast Death Lens use any disturbing effect to stop it.
- Do your best to stack all Deathtouched Slavers on top of the Gorak Tul.
- When the boss casts Dread Essence, it will deal massive AoE damage to the whole party, top them quickly before any Deathtouched Slavers use their Dark Leap.
Waycrest Manor Loot Table
|Dagger||Jagged Iris Sica||Int, Vers/Mastery|
|Off-Hand||Solena's Watchful Collection||Mastery/Vers|
|Leather Wrist||Bracers of Dreadful Maladies||Mastery/Crit|
|Cloth Hands||Twisted Sisters Handwraps||Mastery/Vers|
|Plate Waist||Girdle of Burgeoning Apathy||Vers/Haste|
|Leather Legs||Blight Toadskin Leggings||Vers/Crit|
|Mail Boots||Bramble Looped Boots||Haste/Vers|
|Fist Weapon||Sinister Wicker Talons||Crit/Haste|
|Cloth Wrist||Drust-Thatched Wristwraps||Haste/Vers|
|Mail Hands||Thornshaper Mitts||Crit/Mastery|
|Leather Waist||Hound-Jowl Waistband||Mastery/Vers|
|Plate Legs||Petrified Wickerplate Greaves||Crit/Haste|
Raal the Gluttonous
|1H Axe||Servant Splitter||Str/Special effect|
|Mail Wrist||Slaughterhouse-Chain Bracers||Mastery/Haste|
|Cloth Legs||Bloodstained Sous Chef Pants||Mastery/Haste|
|Plate Boots||Fatty Hooves of Gory Comfort||Vers/Mastery|
|Trinket||Gore-Crusted Butcher's Block||Str|
Lord and Lady Waycrest
|1H Mace||Soulcharmer's Bludgeon||Agi, Vers/Haste|
|Plate Hands||Risen Lord's Oversized Gauntlets||Vers/Crit|
|Cloth Waist||Belt of Undying Devotion||Vers/Mastery|
|Mail Waist||Waistguard of Deteriorating Grace||Vers/Crit|
|Leather Boots||Moss-Covered Wingtip Shoes||Mastery/Haste|
|Ring||Lord Waycrest's Signet||Crit/Vers|
|Trinket||Lady Waycrest's Music Box||Intellect|
Waycrest Manor Achievements
There are 6 total achievements to obtain in Waycrest Manor:
|Waycrest Manor||Defeat Goral Tul in Waycrest Manor.|
|Heroic: Waycrest Manor||Defeat Goral Tul in Waycrest Manor on Heroic difficulty or higher.|
|Mythic: Waycrest Manor||Defeat Gorak Tul in Waycrest Manor on Mythic difficulty.|
|Keystone Hero: Waycrest Manor||Complete a Waycrest Manor at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit.|
|Alchemical Romance||Destroy three Deathtouched Slavers's corpses using a single Alchemical Fire, then defeat Gorak Tul in Waycrest Manor on Mythic difficulty.|
|Run Wild Like a Man On Fire||Defeat the Soulbound Goliath without it gaining 12 stacks of Soul Harvest in Waycrest Manor on Mythic difficulty.|
- 06 Nov. 2023: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)