Arcane Mage Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Arcane Mage in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Dragonflight 10.0.7. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
How much Haste should Arcane Mage use?
There are no haste caps for Arcane Mages.
However, depending on your chosen talents, and your other stats, Haste will lose some value at higher levels. To make sure you run with optimal stats, it is advised to use Raidbots Stat Weights to actively keep your stats up to date (see our Raidbots guide).
How good is Arcane Mage Dragonflight Season 1?
Arcane is currently looking to be the best raiding and Mythic+ spec out of the Mage specs. It has very strong AoE and single target, while having all of the utility of the other specs as well. Additonally, it has very strong burst and can do good cleave damage while focusing on single target damage, compared to the other Mage specs.
Which race is best for Arcane Mage?
Troll is the best race for Arcane Mage. However, all races are very close in DPS and it generally does not matter which race you pick.
For a full overview of the DPS of every race, check the simulations page.
Should I Use Rune of Power or Incanter's Flow?
Rune of Power and Incanter's Flow are relatively close in overall DPS, with Rune of Power generally winning out.
Some reasons could stop you from running Rune of Power. Below we have listed the reasons to not run Rune of Power:
- There are raid mechanics which you can not plan for in advance that may cause you to have to move out of your Rune of Power.
- There is a lot of movement required in the fight in general.
- It is also worth noting that Rune of Power is a lot harder to play with than Incanter's Flow, so it should not be used when you are not very comfortable with the spec and fight.
When Should I Enter the Burn Phase?
You can enter the Burn Phase whenever you have Arcane Surge, Touch of the Magi and Evocation ready.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 10 Jan. 2023: Updated the burn phase conditions to account for Siphon storm talents.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Mage Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd