Arcane Mage DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.1.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Arcane Mage, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Arcane Mage gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Arcane Mage
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Arcane Mage, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Best Gems for Arcane Mage
Best Enchants for Arcane Mage
Consumables for Arcane Mage
Best Flasks and Potions for Arcane
Potion of Spectral Intellect is the potion to use for all situations.
Spectral Flask of Power should be used as your flask of choice.
Best Weapon Oil for Arcane
Shadowcore Oil should be used as your weapon oil.
Best Food for Arcane
If simming yourself results in a different best secondary stat than Critical Strike, you should eat that food instead.
Augment Runes for Arcane
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Domination Sockets and Shards
For information regarding the Domination sockets and shards that were introduced in Patch 9.1, you can check out our general guide for information on the system or our gear page, which gives spec-based recommendations.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Updated potion to use int potion for all situations due to it being best above heroic dungeon gear.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Updated suggested gems.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands launch. Changed enchants, gems, enchants to Shadowlands versions, added oils.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- How to Upgrade Legendaries to Rank 7 in Patch 9.2
- Gluttonous Gardbrace Makes You Eat Food Faster in Patch 9.2
- Everything New in Patch 9.2 Build 41827
- Everything You Need to Know About Wearing 2 Legendaries At Once in Patch 9.2
- Zereth Mortis Catch-Up Gear in Patch 9.2
- Encrypted Files Hint at Potential Deluxe Edition Rewards for WoW's Upcoming Expansion
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Patch 9.1.5 (Week #11)
- Interesting Loot from the Jailer in Patch 9.2