Arcane Mage DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Arcane Mage, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Mage enchants and consumables.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Arcane Mage
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Arcane Mage, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Best Gems for Arcane Mage
Best Enchants for Arcane Mage
Consumables for Arcane Mage
Best Flasks and Potions for Arcane
Superior Battle Potion of Intellect is the best choice for all situations.
Greater Flask of Endless Fathoms should be used as your flask of choice.
Best Food for Arcane
If simming yourself results in a different best secondary stat than Mastery, you should eat that food instead.
Augment Runes for Arcane
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Items With the Same Item Level Have Different Stats on Live Realms
- The Music from the Afterlives Animated Shorts
- Level 11 Player World Boss Azurethos Solo
- Mists of Pandaria Cinematic in 4K and 48 FPS
- The Best Speed Level Addon, Azeroth Auto Pilot, Was Updated for the Shadowlands Pre-patch
- Solution for Legion Artifact Quest Spell Level Problems
- How to Skip Legion Intro in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch
- Updated Demon Hunter Legendary Power Changes on the Shadowlands Beta