Arms Warrior PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Arms Warrior PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Arms Warrior in PvP
For more information about what Covenants give you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities page for Warriors.
The choice of your Covenant is important when it comes to PvP. However, you may have reason to pick another Covenant than the best one for PvP. It is important to note that regardless of what choice you make, all the Covenants are at least viable up to gladiator rating. The difference in Covenant will, however, only become more apparent as you start to reach higher and higher rating.
The best Covenants for Arms Warrior are: Kyrian = Venthyr = Necrolord >= Night Fae.
As of Patch 9.0.5, all the covenants are extremely close in performance and all are rank 1 viable. Currently, Venthyr is the simpler and more generally good choice, but Kyrian is equally valuable for ladder play. Necrolord has become a fantastic choice with its redesign, making you extremely hard to stop and can synergize really well with teammates such as Retribution Paladin and Frost Death Knight.
- Kyrian provides you with Spear of Bastion, which is an extremely powerful CC and damage option for arms warrior. The spear tether is inescapable, even from blinking effects such as Shimmer and Transcendence: Transfer. The only way to leave the spear is through knockback, physical and magical immunities. This ability makes finishing off Monks, Druids, Mages, Hunters and other kiting classes a lot easier.
- Night Fae gives you Ancient Aftershock. This
ability has a very high attack power scaling, and can quickly turn into
a very powerful burst tool through all the different damage amplifiers
arms has. You generally will not make much use of the aftershocks
themselves, so use it as a burst tool and for the 1.5-second knockdown. This
CC does not DR with stuns.
- Soulshape is the signature ability and is very good for chasing down targets or escaping to safety.
- Venthyr gives the very popular ability Condemn, which replaces Execute.
The catch with this ability, is that although it is shadow damage and penetrates armor, it has a lower
attack power scaling than Execute has, which causes it to deal less damage against lower-armored
targets than the ability it replaces. Condemn provides powerful pressure to targets
that are immobile and durable, such as Paladins or Warlocks, but also allows you great uptime through
- You also get access to Door of Shadows, which is an okay ability for quickly repositioning, but is vulnerable to being interrupted. The disorient granted through Nadjia The Mistblade is reduced to 3 seconds in PvP, and is best used as a disruption tool rather than CC'ing the enemy healer.
- Necrolord grants you Conqueror's Banner. You gain a large portion of Mastery, which
is shared with two other teammates in your near proximity, as well as being unable to be reduced below 100% movement
speed. Veteran's Repute gives you a large increase to Strength while the banner is active, and is another reason
why this covenant is very strong.
- The ability that follows with Necrolord is Fleshcraft, which is a rather powerful 20% max health shield that can be enhanced to grant CC immunity for the channeled duration plus more if fully channeled.
Best Soulbinds for Arms Warriors in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. Each Covenant features 3 Soulbinds that each have their own benefits and paths to follow. I recommend you take these Soulbinds and paths for each Covenant.
Pelagos Path for Kyrian
Niya for Night Fae
Nadjia the Mistblade or General Draven for Venthyr
Emeni or Plague Deviser Marileth for Necrolord
Best Conduits for Arms Warriors in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Arms Warriors in PvP
- Mortal Combo gives Mortal Strike a chance to trigger a second time. These extra strikes are cleaveable with Sweeping Strikes and can be procced from the Legendary effect Unhinged. This is a very powerful damage increase overall and can provide you will random burst as well.
- Crash the Ramparts increases the damage of Overpower as well as Dreadnaught. This Conduit is a good increase to your sustained damage.
- Piercing Verdict enhances the burst potential of Spear of Bastion. The extra rage generated does not weight as much as the extra damage does. Consider this option if you want more controlled burst than would with for an example Mortal Combo.
- Veteran's Repute should be run as Necrolord for the strength increase.
- Destructive Reverberations should be run as Night Fae for the increased burst damage.
Best Endurance Conduits for Arms Warriors in PvP
- Stalwart Guardian reduces the cooldown of your primary defensive, Die by the Sword. This is a mandatory Conduit to pick, none of the others come close to this one.
Best Finesse Conduits for Arms Warriors in PvP
- Inspiring Presence increases the health granted and duration of Rallying Cry. This is a mandatory Conduit to pick, it greatly increases the survivability of your team.
- Safeguard makes Intervene reduce the damage the target takes. If you are going for a second Finesse Conduit, you should pick this to give the target of your Intervene protection against spell damage and DoTs.
Best Legendaries for Arms Warriors in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for an Arms Warrior:
- Battlelord has received a massive buff in 9.0.5 for PvP, and is the best Legendary for non-Venthyr Covenants.
- Enduring Blow has also been buffed in 9.0.5 and is currently being experimented with. It has potential to rival Battlelord in strength.
- Unhinged is still a strong Legendary, but is generally outperforming by the newly buffed Legendaries
- Misshapen Mirror let us you give Spell Reflection to the nearest ally, very similar to Overwatch. This is a good backup Legendary to have vs teams that rely on CC'ing your healer with magic. Examples are Hunters with Freezing Trap or spell cleaves with Polymorph and Cyclone.
- Sephuz's Proclamation provides good defensive power and offensive power. This Legendary is an option if you are playing Orc as Hardiness stacks with it.
- Exploiter is the go-to Legendary for Venthyr Arms Warriors running Condemn
- Leaper is a great Legendary that helps against kiting matchups. This Legendary is almost essential for climbing the 2v2 ladder, and also very useful in 3v3.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Added a recommended Soulbind tree for Emeni.
- 12 Mar. 2021: Updated for 9.0.5
- 24 Jan. 2021: Updated covenants and Legendaries
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1
- 27 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes