Arms Warrior PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Dragonflight / 10.0.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Arms Warrior PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Fury Warrior in PvP
Changes to the Build in 9.2
The ability to equip 2 Legendaries has made a significant impact on Arms Warrior. The Unity power grants access to your Covenant-specific Legendary, while letting you equip another Legendary in another slot. These powers are Elysian Might, Sinful Surge, Glory and Nature's Fury.
Kyrian has gained the most benefit from this addition, and will likely be the superior covenant in rated PvP. However, Necrolord is possible a close competitor, as Glory is not an amazing legendary for PvP, but still has value due to the sheer power of Conqueror's Banner.
Best Covenant for Arms Warrior in PvP
For more information about what Covenants give you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities page for Warriors.
The choice of your Covenant is important when it comes to PvP. However, you may have reason to pick another Covenant than the best one for PvP. It is important to note that regardless of what choice you make, all the Covenants are at least viable up to gladiator rating. The difference in Covenant will, however, only become more apparent as you start to reach higher and higher rating.
The best Covenants for Arms Warrior are: Kyrian = Necrolord >= Venthyr >= Night Fae.
- Kyrian provides you with Spear of Bastion, which is an
powerful CC and damage option for arms warrior. The spear tether is inescapable,
from blinking effects such as Shimmer and
Transcendence: Transfer. The only
way to leave the spear is through knockback, physical and magical immunities.
makes finishing off Monks, Druids, Mages, Hunters and other kiting classes a lot
- In addition, going with Kyrian also gives you Phial of Serenity, a much needed self-healing that is amplified by Rallying Cry and Inspiring Presence.
- Night Fae gives you Ancient Aftershock. This
ability has a very high attack power scaling, and can quickly turn into
a very powerful burst tool through all the different damage amplifiers
Arms has. You generally will not make much use of the aftershocks
themselves, so use it as a burst tool and for the 1.5-second knockdown. This
CC does not DR with stuns.
- Soulshape is the signature ability and is very good for chasing down targets or escaping to safety.
- Venthyr gives the very popular ability Condemn,
which replaces Execute.
The catch with this ability, is that although it is shadow damage and penetrates
armor, it has a lower
attack power scaling than Execute has, which causes it to deal less
damage against lower-armored
targets than the ability it replaces. Condemn provides powerful
pressure to targets
that are immobile and durable, such as Paladins or Warlocks, and also allows you
great uptime through
- You also get access to Door of Shadows, which is an okay ability for quickly repositioning, but is vulnerable to being interrupted.
- Necrolord grants you Conqueror's Banner. You gain a large
portion of Mastery, which
is shared with two other teammates in your near proximity, as well as being
unable to be reduced below 100% movement
speed. Veteran's Repute gives you a large increase to Strength while the
banner is active, and is another reason
why this covenant is very strong.
- The ability that follows with Necrolord is Fleshcraft, which is a rather powerful shield that can be enhanced to grant CC immunity for the channeled duration plus more if fully channeled.
Best Soulbinds for Arms Warriors in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. Each Covenant features 3 Soulbinds that each have their own benefits and paths to follow. We recommend you take these Soulbinds and paths for each Covenant.
Pelagos Path for Kyrian
Niya for Night Fae
Nadjia the Mistblade for Venthyr
Plague Deviser Marileth for Necrolord
Best Conduits for Arms Warriors in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Arms Warriors in PvP
- Mortal Combo gives Mortal Strike a chance to trigger a second time. These extra strikes are cleaveable with Sweeping Strikes and can be procced from the Legendary effect Unhinged. This is a very powerful damage increase overall and can provide you with random burst as well.
- Crash the Ramparts increases the damage of Overpower as well as Dreadnaught. This Conduit is a good increase to your sustained damage.
- Piercing Verdict enhances the burst potential of Spear of Bastion. Use this as your 3rd Potency Conduit as Kyrian.
- Veteran's Repute should be run as Necrolord for the Strength increase.
- Destructive Reverberations should be run as Night Fae for the increased burst damage.
Best Endurance Conduits for Arms Warriors in PvP
- Stalwart Guardian reduces the cooldown of your primary defensive, Die by the Sword. This is a mandatory Conduit to pick, none of the others come close to this one.
- If you have to put in a second Endurance Conduit, use Brutal Vitality.
Best Finesse Conduits for Arms Warriors in PvP
- Safeguard makes Intervene reduce the damage the target takes. You should pick this to give the target of your Intervene protection against spell damage, AoE, and DoTs.
- Disturb the Peace reduces the cooldown of Piercing Howl by a large amount and is a great second Finesse option.
Best Legendaries for Arms Warriors in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for an Arms Warrior:
Your choice of Legendaries is now fewer with Unity, and Covenant-specific Legendaries are no longer part of the pool.
- Enduring Blow is the superior damage Legendary for Arms Warrior. This Legendary provides a rather large amount of pressure. You will want this Legendary regardless of what covenant you are in, with the exception of Venthyr Warrior.
- Misshapen Mirror let you give Spell Reflection to the nearest ally. This is a good backup Legendary to have vs teams that rely on CC'ing your healer with magic. Some examples are Hunters with Freezing Trap or spell cleaves with Polymorph and Cyclone;
- Exploiter is the go-to Legendary for Venthyr Arms Warriors running Condemn;
- Unhinged might see play again for Kyrian Warriors, now that you can combine it with Elysian Might.
- Leaper is a great Legendary that helps against kiting matchups, primarily for 2v2.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 08 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 13 Oct. 2021: Adjusted Finesse and Potency Conduit recommendations; modified Covenant recommendation priority.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Added a recommended Soulbind tree for Emeni.
- 12 Mar. 2021: Updated for 9.0.5
- 24 Jan. 2021: Updated covenants and Legendaries
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1
- 27 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1