Frost Death Knight PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Frost Death Knight PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Frost Death Knights in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Monks.
Covenants are an extremely important choice in PvP. They give both a signature ability and a class ability, as well as many additional effects through Soulbinds and Conduits. These mechanics will vary heavily based on the Covenant that you choose. Below are the best Covenants for Frost Death Knight.
- Kyrian is the best general use Covenant to choose. It pairs survivability with damage output nicely, and is strong in both Soulbinds and Covenant abilities. The phial you gain from the signature ability is very valuable self-healing tool.
- Necrolord is the best setup and output Covenant to choose. The class ability is massive AoE burst window on a 2-minute cooldown and provides your class with a win condition every time it is pressed. Its Soulbinds and signature ability are not as good as Kyrian's, which is why these two are a toss-up.
Best Soulbinds for Frost Death Knights in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc.
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Kyrian:
Here are the Soulbinds and paths you should take if you chose Necrolord:
This Soulbind and path earns you a decent shield as well as Ultimate Form, which is an extremely efficient CC prevention tool. You can use this before any casted CC on you to prevent it, as well as predict stun setups from the enemy team to immune them.
This Soulbind and path earns you a large increase to your burst windows during Abomination Limb and also buffs your teammates during this time, making it the most aggressive option for 3v3 Arena. It does not prioritize survivability as well as Plague Deviser does. It is a phenomenal option for Rated Battlegrounds because you always get the maximum benefit from the Lead by Example buff.
Best Conduits for Frost Death Knights in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Frost Death Knights in PvP
- Accelerated Cold makes your rune generation cooldown , available much more often, while increasing the Haste it generates which is a very valuable stat for us during burst windows.
- Everfrost adds a great deal of passive output increase to every AoE burst setup.
- Proliferation makes Shackle the Unworthy even more potent, which fits perfectly into quicker Apocalypse windows, if you have chosen Kyrian as your covenant.
- Brutal Grasp adds a ton of damage into an already potent burst window making it even more difficult to deal with, if you have chosen Necrolord as your covenant.
Best Endurance Conduits for Frost Death Knights in PvP
- Insatiable Appetite increases the healing done by Death Strike, which is valuable in every situation.
- Hardened Bones gives much needed damage mitigation to Lichborne making it a much more potent survivability option.
Best Finesse Conduits for Frost Death Knights in PvP
- Chilled Resilience reduces the cooldown on our most impactful defensive and is good in every situation.
- Fleeting Wind gives additional mobility to Death's Advance and mobility is one of our biggest weaknesses.
Best Legendaries for Frost Death Knights in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Frost Death Knight.
- Absolute Zero is a comp defining Legendary. Frost Death Knight has always relied on its teammates to do AoE stuns after Death Grip but this Legendary provides you with one, on a relatively short cooldown. This both increases the frequency of your setups, and enables them in comps that previously did not have an AoE stun. It is incredible!
- Biting Cold provides a potent increase to every AoE setup you do. The free Rime proc is additional pressure while also generating runes and Killing Machine during Obliteration.
- Koltira's Favor provides a sizeable single-target increase as well as resource generation. It will gain a lot of value over the course of the game because of how much we use Obliterate.
- Death's Embrace is extremely potent for all Death Knights because of how much CC immunity and survivability it provides every time it is active. It is a very good general use Legendary, as it can provide both offensive and defensive value.
- 20 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 20 Feb. 2021: Addition of a new powerful Soulbind option.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Page added.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872