Mentor System Overview
Veteran players can become Guides in Shadowlands and help new players by answering questions they have about the game in the Newcomer Chat channel.
Are you a knowledgeable player who wants to help newcomers as they are learning the game? As a guide, your main role will be to answer questions in the Newcomer Chat channel. You will be marked with a special icon in the world so that Newcomers will be able to recognize you, and vice versa. Currently, there are no rewards that guides get from this program.
New players will automatically be added to a Newcomer Chat channel, where they talk with other new players and seek advice from experienced players on the same faction who will be their guides as they level through the new starting zone. New players and guides can recognize each other in the chat channels and by icons above their characters' heads that only they can see. Upon reaching Level 20, new players will continue to journey ahead on their own and will no longer have access to the Newcomer Chat channel.
How to Become a Guide
Certain conditions must be met to become a guide in World of Warcraft. These include talking to guide recruiters and completing some achievements in the game.
You must first seek out guide recruiters in Orgrimmar and Stormwind near the embassies.
The Alliance guide recruiter is named Celeste Periwinkle and you can find her at 52, 18 standing near a bonfire at the Stormwind Embassy.
The Horde guide recruiter is called Eyla Pathleader and you can find her at 40, 80 near the Orgrimmar Embassy.
Guide Program Requirements
To become a guide in Shadowlands, you must:
- Reach Level 60.
- Complete 3,000 quests.
Guide Program Rewards
No rewards are currently associated with the program.
How to Opt Out of the Program
If you no longer wish to be a guide, you can speak to guide recruiters again.
Guide Program Ineligibility
The feature is not available for Free Trial accounts and you will not be eligible to become a guide due to parental controls, or when you have a penalty on your account history.
- 31 Oct. 2021: Multiple requirements changed in Patch 9.1.5.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- Crazy Machine Gun Paladin and Druid Face-Off
- The Weirdest Real Reasons for Leaving a Group
- Experience and Reputation Gains Increased by 27% Until December 6th
- The Nathanos Raid DPS Challenge
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Patch 9.1.5 (Week #5)
- Video Preview of 40 9.2 Mounts
- The Jailer's Gauntlet: New Fun Torghast Boss Rush Mode Preview
- Sepulcher of the First Ones Heroic Raid Testing Videos: Dausegne & Skolex