Mistweaver Monk PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Mistweaver Monk in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats as well as guidance on which legendary is the best, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Mistweaver Monk PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Mistweaver Monks in PvP
The stat priority for Mistweaver Monk in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the most important secondary stat as it increases the damage you deal (important for Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane) and reduces the damage you take. Mastery ( Mastery: Gust of Mists)is also important because it increases your overall healing output.
In general, Mistweaver Monks want to get trinkets that increase their overall healing output. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Versatility. The reason you want to increase Versatility is because it increases both your damage and healing and reduces the damage you take. For gear, you want anything that has Versatility and Mastery on it. This will increase your overall healing output and your survivability. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Mistweaver Monk.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Helm
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Malodorous Gristle-Sown Spaulders
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Vest - This is a good slot to make a Versatility/Mastery legendary
- Wrists: Radiant Light Binders
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Gloves
- Waist: Shadowhirl Waistwrap
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Legwraps
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Hyperlight Band
- Weapon: Sinful Gladiator's Sineater Gavel
- Off-hand: Sinful Gladiator's Spell Foci
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Mistweaver Monk:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Bounds
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 16 Nov. 2020: Removed Azerite Gear section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- An Excellent Class and Spec Pick Flowchart Meme (Or Is it?)
- There Are Worse Fates than Being Carried by a Kyrian...
- Players Manipulate Turn Speed Variable while Mind Controlling Others
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 15th
- How to Get Raid, PvP and Any Legendary Memories Without Doing the Related Activity
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021