Mistweaver Monk PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Mistweaver Monk in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats as well as guidance on which legendary is the best, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Mistweaver Monk PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Mistweaver Monks in PvP
The stat priority for Mistweaver Monk in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the most important secondary stat as it increases the damage you deal (important for Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane) and reduces the damage you take. Mastery ( Mastery: Gust of Mists) is also important because it increases your overall healing output.
In general, Mistweaver Monks want to get trinkets that increase their overall healing output. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Versatility. The reason you want to increase Versatility is because it increases both your damage and healing and reduces the damage you take. For gear, you want anything that has Versatility and Mastery on it. This will increase your overall healing output and your survivability. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Mistweaver Monk.
- Head: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Helm
- Neck: Eternal Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Spaulders
- Cloak: Eternal Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Vest — This is a good slot to make a Versatility/Mastery Legendary
- Wrists: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Gloves
- Waist: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Legwraps
- Feet: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Eternal Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Eternal Gladiator's Ring
- 2H-Weapon: Eternal Gladiator's Focus Staff
Tier Set Bonuses for Mistweaver Monks
Tier Set pieces are obtained in PvP from the Great Vault and can eventually be created from other items in the same slot using the Creation Catalyst. Overall, the set bonus provides a slight amount of healing throughout an arena match. It is not mandatory to obtain Mistweaver Monk 4-Piece. If you do choose to use it, here are the best pieces to get for the set:
- Cuirass of the Grand Upwelling;
- Grips of the Grand Upwelling;
- Crown of the Grand Upwelling;
- Tassets of the Grand Upwelling.
For an in-depth analysis of the set bonuses visit here:
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Stamina boost that will increase your survivability.
Eternal Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Unchained Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Eternal Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Eternal Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Eternal Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Mistweaver Monk:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Bounds
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 23 Feb. 2022: Updated Gear Recommendations.
- Added Tier-set section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 16 Nov. 2020: Removed Azerite Gear section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st