Mistweaver Monk PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Mistweaver Monk in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats as well as guidance on which legendary is the best, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Mistweaver Monk PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Mistweaver Monks in PvP
The stat priority for Mistweaver Monk in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the most important secondary stat as it increases the damage you deal (important for Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane) and reduces the damage you take. Mastery ( Mastery: Gust of Mists)is also important because it increases your overall healing output.
In general, Mistweaver Monks want to get trinkets that increase their overall healing output. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Versatility. The reason you want to increase Versatility is because it increases both your damage and healing and reduces the damage you take. For gear, you want anything that has Versatility and Mastery on it. This will increase your overall healing output and your survivability. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Mistweaver Monk.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Helm
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Malodorous Gristle-Sown Spaulders
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Vest - This is a good slot to make a Versatility/Mastery legendary
- Wrists: Radiant Light Binders
- Hands: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Gloves
- Waist: Shadowhirl Waistwrap
- Legs: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Legwraps
- Feet: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Unchained Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Unchained Gladiator's Ring
- Weapon: Unchained Gladiator's Ceremonial Sword
- Off-hand: Unchained Gladiator's Chalice
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Unchained Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Unchained Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Shards of Domination
Some pieces of gear from the Sanctum of Domination raid have a Domination Gem socket. The Shards that can only go into these slots have various passive effects. To get more information on this gear and its sockets, read more here:
Something to note is that these Shards are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Although they do have powerful affects, they are not mandatory to be successful in PvP. With that said, if you do get the chance to use Shards of Domination, here are the best ones for Mistweaver Monk:
Best Frost Shard: Shard of Kyr
Best Blood Shard: Shard of Jas
Best Unholy Shard: Shard of Zed
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Mistweaver Monk:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Bounds
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 16 Nov. 2020: Removed Azerite Gear section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Patch 9.1 and BCC Hotfixes: September 15th
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- New Fel Guardian Druid Mage Tower Appearance in Patch 9.1.5
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196 Affix Changes