Mistweaver Monk Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Mistweaver Monk in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.
Best in Slot List for Mistweaver Monks
Because of the diverse nature of gear, and the variability of item level due to things like the weekly cache, a true "best in slot" list is slippery. You should always be equipping items that will gain net you the greatest benefit based on your stat weights. To acquire said weights, use WoW Analyzer. More on that can be found below.
To find out how to best augment your gear with enchants and gems, and also how to optimize your characters with consumables, check out our Gem, Enchant, and Consumable page below.
Gearing up for Shadowlands
Upon reaching Level 60, you have 3 main options to start gearing your character: Dungeons and Raids, PvP such as Arena or Battlegrounds, and world quests. We recommend quickly checking the world quest map to find any items to replace your lowest pieces, with the aim of raising your item level enough to get invited to dungeon groups.
Once you are able to get invited to Mythic dungeons, be sure to complete each one during your first week, then look to see if you can find groups for your preferred style of play, be that Mythic+ or Rated PvP.
Best in Slot for Mistweaver Monk
Patch 9.0.5 has reintroduced the Valor Point system, allowing players to upgrade any gear they get from Mythic+ Dungeons up to a maximum of item level 272, making dungeon gear more relevant with respect to raid gear.
Tier Set Bonuses for Mistweaver Monk
- Mistweaver Monk 2-Piece — Essence Font's residual healing effect is increased by 5% and lasts an additional 2 seconds.
- Mistweaver Monk 4-Piece — Drinking Thunder Focus Tea summons a Progenitor Rune of Healing, increasing all healing dealt while inside its bounds by 450.
The 2-set is a fairly small passive bonus to our HPS, however the 4-set represents a significant throughput increase when paired with our high healing event spells like Refreshing Jade Wind or Essence Font. It is important to note that this set bonus affects basically all monk-related healing events, (except for Ancient Teachings of the Monastery). Both these bonuses do not change the way we play very drastically, just be mindful to try and fit as many healing events into each Progenitor Rune window as possible, while not overhealing.
In terms of itemization, the gloves are the weakest piece, as all the other pieces have Crit, most of which also have Versatility. This works out pretty well for Mistweavers, since we are most likely going to be using Ancient Teachings of the Monastery on the gloves for that slot anyway.
These tier pieces will be available from Raid as usual, however, you can also attain them from your Great Vault, as well as through a new system called the Creation Catalyst, which will allow you to transform a piece of non-tier Season 3 gear into a tier piece.
Mistweaver Monk Legendary Powers
When crafting your first Legendary, unless you prefer one of the other ones, Tear of Morning is the best all-around pick. It has very powerful single target and AoE throughput, and functions excellently in Raid, Mythic+ and solo content. That being said, Ancient Teachings of the Monastery is also an incredibly powerful Legendary, and will see a lot more use in raids. Both powers are important to have; however, if you are looking for a more interesting playstyle, crafting Ancient Teachings is also a stellar pick.
For a more in depth look at why these two choices are the case, as well as to check out the other options available to Mistweavers, visit our Legendaries and Runecarving Guides below.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated BiS Lists for Sanctum of Domination.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Added section for Domination Sockets.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for 9.0.5.
- 30 Jan. 2021: Added Cabalist's Hymnal to the Trinket recommendations.
- 21 Dec. 2020: Replaced link in the Dungeon BiS to link to the correct pair of boots.
- 26 Nov. 2020: Added Boon of the Archon trinket as an alternative to Empyreal Ordnance.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands Launch. Added BiS list, and link to our Legendary Guide.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Malaysian Hospital Showing Mists of Pandaria Trailer on Repeat
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 13th
- Warcraft II Inside World of Warcraft (Arcade Tab Fan Concept)
- Shadowlands Season 4 Keystone Master Mount Color Changed on the 9.2.5 PTR
- Social Contract Now Available on the 9.2.5 PTR
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- Blood Elf and Dark Iron Dwarf Weapons No Longer Race Locked on the 9.2.5 PTR