Mistweaver Monk Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Mistweaver Monk in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Best in Slot List for Mistweaver Monks
With the advent of Warforging, Titanforging and Corruption, true "best in slot" lists are a thing of the past. You should always be equipping items that will gain net you the greatest benefit based on your stat weights. To acquire said weights, use WoW Analyzer.
The following is a ranking of trinkets used in a raiding environment. These ranks assume equal item level. For direct trinket comparison, use QELive made by Voulk.
- Forbidden Obsidian Claw — Maut
- Void-Twisted Titanshard — Ra-den the Despoiled
- Peerless Alchemist Stone — Alchemy
- Deferred Sentence — The Queen's Court
- Luminous Jellyweed — Blackwater Behemoth
Corruptions and Corrupted Items
For more information about the best Corruptions and Corrupted items you can get, please refer to our dedicated page.
Adding Sockets to Gear
Patch 8.3 lets you add a socket to a piece of gear that did not previously have one using a Gouged Eye of N'zoth. For more information on how to obtain it, please go to our Horrific Visions Hub.
Patch 8.2 saw the introduction of a new type of item: Benthic gear. These items are generated from tokens acquired from completing Nazjatar content, or by spending Mana Pearls at vendors in your faction's local town. The base item level of this gear is 385, and can be upgraded by spending Mana Pearls. What makes these items unique, however, is each of them comes with an additional effect on top of their stat budget. Sometimes these effects are trivial, such as increasing your mount speed by 5% or giving you a chance to loot fish from slain enemies; however, some of the effects can be somewhat powerful for the right class.
For Mistweavers, only three of these pieces are worth examining. The first piece, Fathomstalker Gloves give Critical Strike, Versatility, and reduces Shadow damage taken by 3% while in Nazjatar and The Eternal Palace. This piece is desirable mostly for the stat distribution, however the damage reduction is nice for fights like Za'qul.
Second is Fathomstalker Handwraps, which give Critical Strike, Haste, and cause your Critical Strikes to have a chance to place a small heal over time effect on your character. This effect is worth 5-7 item levels.
Lastly, Poen's Deepsea Grips give Critical Strike, Mastery, and give your abilities a small chance to spawn droplets that either heal allies, or damage enemies.
- 04 Apr. 2020: Removed Corruption section, and added link to new Corruption page.
- 22 Jan. 2020: Updated Infinite Stars recommendation to reflect the nerfs.
- 13 Jan. 2020: Added Corrupted gear and new trinkets.
- 16 Jul. 2019: Added new trinket rankings and Benthic gear.
- 10 Jul. 2019: Removed deprecated spreadsheet link, added a link to QELive.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor launch.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Big PvP Updates Coming to Shadowlands Beta
- Average Player Leveling in the Pre-patch and Shadowlands Will Take 8-10 Hours
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854: Class Changes Recap
- Player Solos All Alliance Faction Leaders
- Shadowlands Mythic Season 1 End-of-Run Rewards Capped Below Castle Nathria Heroic Item Level
- Shaman Class Changes in Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854
- Engineer's Workshop: The WoW Companion App and Multi-Expansion Support
- Fan-Made Shadowlands Login Screen