Mistweaver Monk Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Dragonflight 10.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Mistweaver Monk in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.0.5.
Best in Slot List for Mistweaver Monks
Because of the diverse nature of gear and the variability of item level due to things like the weekly cache, a true "best in slot" list is slippery. You should always be equipping items that will benefit you based on your stat weights. To acquire said weights, use WoW Analyzer. More on that can be found below.
To find out how to best augment your gear with enchants and gems and optimize your characters with consumables, check out our Gem, Enchant, and Consumable page below.
Gearing up for Dragonflight
Upon reaching Level 70, you have 3 main options to start gearing your character: Dungeons and Raids, PvP such as Arena or Battlegrounds, and world systems like Renown with the four main Reputations.
Once you can get invited to Mythic dungeons, be sure to complete each one during your first week, then look to see if you can find groups for your preferred style of play, be that Mythic+ or Rated PvP.
Best in Slot for Mistweaver Monks
As mentioned above, true BiS lists are often unhelpful when our modes of acquiring gear are so varied and diverse. Instead, you should aim to equip the gear that sims the best for you or most closely aligns with your stat priority. However, certain types of items are special and ought to be mentioned. These items are Tier sets, Jewelry, Trinkets, and Weapons.
The ranking system is as follows:
- A Tier: these trinkets are by far the strongest and are always good options.
- B Tier: are slightly weaker than S but may be lacking in certain areas.
- C Tier: are middling trinkets that have either difficult-to-use effects or random procs that drastically reduce their effective value.
- D Tier: these are generally worthless trinkets you should avoid.
- Whispering Incarnate Icon from Vault of the Incarnates
- Broodkeeper's Promise from Vault of the Incarnates
- Spoils of Neltharus from Neltharus
- Flask of the Solemn Night from Court of Stars
- Alacritous Alchemist Stone from Alchemy
- Mote of Sanctification from Halls of Valor
- Voidmender's Shadowgem from Shadowmoon Burial Grounds
- Conjured Chillglobe from Vault of the Incarnates
- Horn of Valor from Halls of Valor
- Time-Breaching Talon from Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
- Irideus Fragment from Halls of Infusion
- Erupting Spear Fragment from Neltharus
- Miniature Singing Stone from The Nokhud Offensive
- Emerald Coach's Whistle from Algeth'ar Academy
- Tome of Unstable Power from The Azure Vault
- Kyrakka's Searing Embers from Ruby Life Pools
- Water's Beating Heart from Halls of Infusion
- Ruby Whelp Shell from Ruby Life Pools
- Umbrelskul's Fractured Heart from The Azure Vault
Rings and Necks are important slots because they have a disproportionately high amount of secondary stats. They are generally not itemized with primary stats. As such, you can more drastically affect the proportions of your stat ratios with these three item slots than with any other.
Be sure to follow your stat weights when selecting these items
Weapons are arguably your most essential slots because they are budgeted with the highest amount of Intellect out of any other slot by a wide margin. Because of this, you will almost always equip whatever is your highest item-level weapon. However, sometimes weapons will have a bonus proc or effect on them that may, in some cases, make it worth using over another item at a high item level.
With the updated crafting system introduced in Dragonflight, we have also seen the introduction of a new way to add interesting effects to your crafted gear: Embellishments. When an item is being crafted, you can add a reagent that will cause that piece of gear to have a specific proc depending on the reagent used. Additionally, some pieces of gear come with embellishments already on them. You can wear a maximum of 2 pieces of embellished gear.
The following are the best Embellishments for Mistweaver Monk:
- Elemental Lariat — This neck comes with a baseline embellishment effect that is already very powerful. With a proc rate of twice per minute, it is a no-brainer to get this item crafted
- Potion Absorption Inhibitor — The benefits of this can be somewhat marginal, however it can be paired with a Potion of Chilled Clarity to regen mana while doing the rotation we would normally do while under the effects of Mana Tea or Innervate
- Magazine of Healing Darts — This embellishment will randomly spit out healing to your group on a fairly high proc rate. However, it does have a high propensity to overheal, so it loses value in smaller groups and Mythic+.
Tier Sets are a group of items that provide you with bonuses depending on how many items of that group you equip. These are always dropped from raids, but you can also acquire them from your Great Vault or by upgrading items via the Inspiration Catalyst. The bonuses for Mistweavers are as follows:
- Mistweaver Monk 2pc — Healing from your Enveloping Mist, Essence Font and Vivify is increased by 10% on targets with your Renewing Mist.
- Mistweaver Monk 4pc — Essence Font and Vivify healing is increased by 10%, and your Renewing Mists on targets healed by Essence Font are extended by 1 second for each heal.
Both these bonuses are relatively passive and do not change our play. Just a nice little bit of extra healing for doing what we would typically be doing.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 13 Jan. 2023: Added Embellishment section.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reformatted the page, added a tier list for Trinkets.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Monk Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Quest Location Ping on the World Map in Patch 10.1
- Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder Requirement Removed in Patch 10.0.7
- Helmless Neltharion Model with a Scar in Patch 10.1
- Official Patch 10.0.7 Content Update Notes
- A Preview of the New Recruit a Friend System in Patch 10.0.7
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Raid Environment Preview
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.2 Zone and/or Theme Revealed?