Mistweaver Monk Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Mistweaver Monk in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.1.
Best in Slot List for Mistweaver Monks
Because of the diverse nature of gear, and the variability of item level due to things like the weekly cache, a true "best in slot" list is slippery. You should always be equipping items that will gain net you the greatest benefit based on your stat weights. To acquire said weights, use WoW Analyzer. More on that can be found below.
To find out how to best augment your gear with enchants and gems, and also how to optimize your characters with consumables, check out our Gem, Enchant, and Consumable page below.
Gearing up for Shadowlands
Upon reaching Level 60, you have 3 main options to start gearing your character: Dungeons and Raids, PvP such as Arena or Battlegrounds, and world quests. We recommend quickly checking the world quest map to find any items to replace your lowest pieces, with the aim of raising your item level enough to get invited to dungeon groups.
Once you are able to get invited to Mythic dungeons, be sure to complete each one during your first week, then look to see if you can find groups for your preferred style of play, be that Mythic+ or Rated PvP.
Best in Slot for Mistweaver Monk
Patch 9.0.5 has reintroduced the Valor Point system, allowing players to upgrade any gear they get from Mythic+ Dungeons up to a maximum of item level 220, making dungeon gear more relevant with respect to raid gear.
Patch 9.1 has introduced unique sockets specifically on the raid gear from Sanctum of Domination. These sockets will hold the new raid-specific gems, called Shards of Domination. There are 9 different gems in total, divided into 3 types: Blood, Frost, and Unholy, and each provide their own unique effect. You can equip a total of 5 gems, though each of the gems are Unique-equipped, so you will not be able to stack your favorite. On top of all that, equipping all 3 gems of one type, as well as a specific raid piece, will unlock a "set bonus" for the gems.
For Mistweaver Monks, we will be aiming to use the Unholy set bonus, with 2 Frost gems in the off pieces. Sadly, the Unholy gems on their own are somewhat lackluster, however the set bonus, Chaos Bane, is such a strong stat boost that it more than makes up for it. The following are the Shards of Domination you will be aiming to equip.
If you would like to know more about the remaining Domination Shards' effects, their set bonuses, or how to upgrade their effects into even more potent forms, please see our official guide detailing everything about this new system of Patch 9.1:
Mistweaver Monk Legendary Powers
When crafting your first legendary, unless you prefer one of the other ones, Tear of Morning is the best all-around pick. It has very powerful single target and AoE throughput, and functions excellently in Raid, Mythic+ and solo content. For a more in depth look at why This is the case, as well as to check out the other options available to Mistweavers, visit our Legendaries and Runecarving Guides below.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated BiS Lists for Sanctum of Domination.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Added section for Domination Sockets.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for 9.0.5.
- 30 Jan. 2021: Added Cabalist's Hymnal to the Trinket recommendations.
- 21 Dec. 2020: Replaced link in the Dungeon BiS to link to the correct pair of boots.
- 26 Nov. 2020: Added Boon of the Archon trinket as an alternative to Empyreal Ordnance.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands Launch. Added BiS list, and link to our Legendary Guide.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: August 2nd
- Fly Without a Mount, Cast Spells, Even in Instances on BCC PTR!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic and Heroic DPS Log Rankings, Week 4: A Look At Individual Bosses
- Teldrassil Animated Wallpaper Engine and Fan Art (Both During and Pre-Burning)
- Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 2 (Week of July 27)
- Korthia Rift Treasures Suggested Map, Route and Tips