Mistweaver Monk Healing Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Mistweaver Monk. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Basics of Stats for Mistweaver Monk
The stat priority for a Mistweaver Monk is different depending on whether or not you are Fistweaving, and we also provide a different stat priority for Mythic+ dungeons.
For stat weights, we recommend checking out the Teachings of the Red Crane Spreadsheet, made by Garg.
- Critical Strike;
- Mastery = Versatility;
Note that the relation and proportions of these stats will vary wildly depending on which build you choose to run. It is possible for Haste to be stronger than Versatility depending on your goals. It is also possible for Mastery to be head and shoulders stronger than even intellect. A good rule of thumb while gearing up for raids, is to just acquire as much item level as possible while preferring less Haste.
- Mastery >= Haste;
- Critical Strike.
We recommend that you keep your Haste and Mastery as close as possible. Note that the difference between these stats in terms of throughput is relatively minor. What's more important is ensuring you have enough health to survive mechanics as you progress through higher and higher keys. As such, it's wise to prioritize Stamina (iLvl) over anything else.
2. Getting a Better Understanding of Mistweaver Monk Stats
2.1. Statistics Explanations
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the power of your heals.
Critical Strike increases your healing throughput by granting your healing spells a chance to heal for double the amount.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated to reflect the changes in Patch 8.1.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Upcoming Item Level Increase for World Quest Rewards
- WoW Classic Internal Alpha Has Begun
- Bee Mounts Finally Coming in Patch 8.2?
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Vision of Perfection (the 8.2 Cooldown Essence) Changes Coming
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- Question about WoW hardware requirements
- Elemental Shaman 8.1
- Stat caps?
- Feral Druid 8.1
- Outlaw Rogue 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Looking for some help/coaching
- Demo DPS improvement